Arranged Marriage

⇨Namjoo Oneshots⇦
Title: Arranged Marriage
Pairing: Namjoo x Kris - KrisJoo
Requested By: 
aine_sone_GG
 
(100+) namjoo | TumblrSungjae~ 💖
 
 
 
+picture credits to owners
 

Questions. Questions were the only things that filled Namjoo's mind. Where was she? Why was she there? What was happening? why were people pampering her and treating her like they were keeping secrets? What exactly was going on?

Namjoo had woken up from her slumber due to people tugging on her hair. Instead of finding herself in her bedroom, cozy at home, she was at a hair salon, sitting on a spinning chair, surrounded by stylists.

How did she get there? She swore she fell asleep on her bed last night. Confusion filled her, and she did not like the feeling.

Looking around, she paused when someone adjusted her head at an angle.

"You're awake?" One of the stylists asked.

Namjoo pressed her lips into a thin line before nodding.

"Aye, keep your head still." The same stylist scolded.

Namjoo furrowed her brows. Why did she need to keep still?

Suddenly realizing that they were working on her hair, she averted her gaze to the mirror infront of her. Her hair was curled and tied into a messy bun, and the stylists were working on curling the strands that fell down loosely.

Once they were done, Namjoo walked towards her mom who was sleepng in the waiting room.

Nudging her lightly, Namjoo whispered, "Umma, wake up."

Her mom groaned before opening her eyes. She stretched and yawned before looking at Namjoo.

"Oh, Namjoo! Your hair looks good on you!" She complimented as she gave her a thumbs up.

"Thanks, Umma... But why did I get my hair done?" She asked curiously.

Her mom hesitated before ansswering, "Because I felt like you needed to change the style of your hair."

"Ahh, okay." Namjoo mumbled, still not quite understanding.

"Anyways, let's go." She said, tugging on Namjoo's arm, "It's time to do your makeup."

"W-What makeup?" She stammered.

Her mom only ignored her before pushing her into the car and driving to an expensive makeup place.

Once they were inside, Namjoo's mother talked to one of the stylists.

"Ahh, wedding makeup? That's expensive." She heard the stylist say.

"I don't care, just do it." Her mom ordered.

Wedding makeup? Why wedding makeup?Namjoo still couldn't quite process everything even when the stylist dragged her away and pushed her to sit down in a chair.

The stylist observed her, "First we're going to need to even out your complexion, then I'll need to put some emphasis to your eyes..."

She kept mumbling about the stuff she needed to do, but Namjoo wasn't paying attention one bit.

Namjoo spent the next hour or so in there, closing and opening her eyes so the stylists could apply the makeup she needed.

Once they were done, they handed her a mirror. She stared at her reflection, amazed at how pretty she looked. Was that really her? She looked like a princess.

"Namjoo! You're so pretty. Kris is going to be so surprised!" Her mom praised.

"Kris?" Namjoo repeated. She didn't know a Kris...

"Oh... Kris? I never said Kris... What are you talking about?" She laughed awkwardly.

Namjoo just raised a brow at her before shaking her head. Her mom was hiding something from her, she knew it.

After paying, they went home. Her mom handed her a white wedding dress to wear, and that was when Namjoo finally started to question what exactly her mom was doing.

"Isn't this a wedding dress? Why do I have to wear this?" She asked.

"Yes, it is. Just put it on." She coaxed.

"Not until you tell me why I need it." Namjoo said, crossing her arms.

Rubbing her temples, the older woman sighed. "We're going to bring you to church. There's this thing where you practice getting married to someone. It prepares you for when you really do get married. I signed you up for it."

"Ahh, okay. Why didn't you say so?" Namjoo said as she made her way to her room.

"I thought you wouldn't do it if I told you." Her mom said, surprise evident in her voice. 

"Well it's going to help me out in the future, so it would be good if I did this." Namjoo called from inside of her room.

Little did she know that this was actually an arranged marriage that her parents' and their bestfriends, aka the Wu family, had planned for her and their son Kris.

Namjoo had arrived at the church, and her mom was writing on her arm.

"This is your vow, alright? Say it when the priest tells you to."

Namjoo nodded in understanding, "I will."

Once the "fake" wedding started, her father walked her down the aisle, and to the altar. He allowed a man, who Namjoo didn't recognize, to take her hand. Namjoo and the unfamiliar man stood infront of the priest. Namjoo, still thinking it was a practice wedding, didn't really listen to the priest or take him seriously.

When it was time to say their vows, Namjoo read the words written on her arm. Chuckles emitted from the pews, and it was only then that Namjoo realized all of her relatives were there. Was this really a practice wedding, or was her mom lying to her?

No... She would never lie. She couldn't of have...

After her fiance said his vow, the priest announced them husband and wife. Kris was also urged to kiss her, but Namjoo spoke up.

"Wait, we don't really have to kiss, right? I mean, this is just a practice marriage, isn't it?" She blinked.

The audience stayed quiet, and Namjoo could see her mom's eyes widen.

Clearing his throat, the man, who Namjoo learned was named Kris, said "Hahaha. She's kidding."

"No, I'm not--"

She was cut off when Kris leaned closer to her face, pretending to kiss her. "Shut up before you embarrass yourself even more."

And with that, he pressed his lips against hers causing the female to freeze.

Claps and cheers erupted from the audience, and Kris finally pulled away. He smiled at everyone sitting in the pews, while Namjoo stayed frozen in shock.

Dragging her off of the altar, Kris pulled Namjoo outside and spoke to her quietly, making sure no one would hear.

"Hey, I don't know what your parents told you, but this is a real marriage. Believe it or not, our parents planned this ever since we were young. I only found out about this recently, and I thought your parents would have told you as well. Judging by the way you acted during the kiss part, I'm guessing that they didn't tell you anything, huh?" Kris spoke, his voice low and deep.

Namjoo bit her lower lip and nodded.

Kris sighed and shook his head before looking back at her. "Just play along for the guests, okay?"

"I-I'll try..." She mumbled as a tear streaked down her cheek.

"Hey, hey. No crying. Your makeup's gonna smear. If people notice, they'll know something's up. Everything ill be fine." He said gently as he wiped her tears away with his thumbs.

"Now come on." He said, tugging her after him. "We need to greet our guests."

The day droned on with Namjoo aand Kris pretending to be a happily married duo, when in reality they had only met each other today, and their loving actions were forced and awkward.

When the guests had left, Namjoo found herself quickly looking for her parents. Kris was trailing after her.

Namjoo found her mom and dad conversing with Mr. and Mrs. Wu happily, and she stomped up to them.

"Umma, Appa, why didn't you tell me?" Namjoo fumed.

"Honey calm down, it's not the end of the world." Her dad told.

"But you never told me I was getting married! I had a right to know!" She said angrily.

Pulling her back, Kris cooed softly, "Shh, it's fine, namjoo. calm down."

"Calm down? I can't calm down! We're married and we barely even know each other, Kris! Aren't you at all upset??" Namjoo raised her voice as her tears streamed down her cheeks.

"I am upset. I'm as mad as you are, but crying and yelling isn't going to solve anything. We're married now, and we have to get over it." Kris said.

Namjoo stayed quiet, shaking her head. Why was this happening to her?

Turning to their parents, Kris bowed, "I'll take care of Namjoo."

Due to Namjoo's strong refusal to budge, Kris carried her on his shoulder like a bag od rice. He put her in the passenger's seat of the car, and they stayed quiet the whole drive.

Once they got to a house, Kris unlocked the door and watched as Namjoo walked around quietly.

"This is the house they bought for us... Pretty cozy, hmm?" He asked as he looked around. "They even decorated it ahead of time."

Recieving no reply, he glanced at Namjoo who was sitting on the couch and hugging her knees. He walked up to her, standing in front of her.

"Still upset?"

"Of course."

He kneeled down infront of her so that they were face to face, "Don't be."

Namjoo looked into his eyes, "How can I--"

"I'm upset, but I'm keeping calm. Do you want to know why?" Kris cut her off.

Namjoo hesitated before nodding.

"Because I believe we can learn to love each other." He said confidently.

Namjoo felt her face heat up, and she looked away.

Kris tilted her chin, making her look at him.

"we'll get through this together." He said firmly.

"O-Okay..." Namjoo stuttered.

Smiling, Kris kissed her forehead.

"Good, now no more crying." He said before wrapping his arms around her and pulling her into a comforting hug. Namjoo bit her lower lip as she hugged back.

"I-I love you..." She stammered.

Kris blinked, pulling away and looking at her with surprise.

"Really? Already?" He asked, his mouth agape.

"I'm practicing.. For when we do love each other." She answered shyly.

Shaking his head at her, Kris chuckled.

"You're really adorable... I think I'm falling for you already."

 


Author's Note:
Here is your arranged marriage. u w u I'm not good with marriage tbh, so sorry if it doesn't fit your taste. o n o
Oh, and sorry that I didn't update much over summer break, I got a little side track, oopsies.
But yup, I'll try to update when I can. My school resumes on 8/14.

 
 
*** Jongup, Namjoo, and Youngjae love triangle up next. I haven't done a triangle in a while, so this update might take a long time. I promise to put my best effort into it though. ; A ; I'm excitted--