I Fell In Love With My Bestfriend

⇨Namjoo Oneshots⇦
Title: I Fell In Love With My Bestfriend
Pairing: Namjoo x Sungjae - JaeJoo
Requested By: surong-exopink
 
(100+) namjoo | TumblrSungjae~ 💖
 
 
 
+picture credits to owners
 

Sungjae and Namjoo have known each together since they were babies. Their parents were bestfriends, and therefore so were they. Their friendship has been growing ever since their families lived in the same apartment complex and four different houses that were side by side with each other. Their mothers always planned play dates, and that was the cause of Namjoo and Sungjae's strong bond.

Years later, Sungjae and Namjoo are still best friends. They aren't as close with each other anymore though. Why? Because Namjoo has been crying over boys, and all Sungjae can do is try to comfort her.

-

Sungjae was calming a crying Namjoo as he patted her back comfortingly

"Why are you crying, Nammie?" He asked.

Namjoo sniffled as she turned to look at Sungjae. She rubbed her eyes with the back of her hand.

"S-Sungyeol... d-dumped me..." Namjoo stuttered before throwing herself into his arms. She cried even harder after saying Sungyeol's name.

"Huh? He did? Why?" Sungjae frowned as he hugged Namjoo tightly.

"He told me that he was just experimenting with me, and that I was easy." Namjoo muttered as she buried her face into his chest.

"That's stupid! Why would he do that?" He asked.

"I-I don't know... Life is cruel, and love is complicated." Namjoo paused before continuing, "Or maybe I'm just ugly and dislikeable."

Sungjae blinked, "What makes you think you're ugly?"

"Oh come on  Jae. This is the 6th person to dump me in just one year. There has to be a reason... Whether it's my personality, or my physical features." Namjoo sighed.

"You're not ugly, Namjoo." He stated.

"Sungjae, I know you're my best friend and all, but can't you just tell me that I'm ugly instead of lying?" She asked.

The younger male frowned, "You think I'm lying to you?"

"Duh. Obviously." Namjoo nodded.

"Well, I'm not. You're beautiful in my eyes." He said sincerely.

"Psh. Yeah. Whatever you say." Namjoo said carelessly and shrugged him off.

Getting annoyed, Sungjae cupped Namjoo's face, "Stop being stubborn, and believe me."

"No, I don't want to." Namjoo mehronged.

Sungjae flicked her forehead, "Whatever... If you're ugly, I don't know what beauty is. Anyways, I'll be leaving now. It's getting late."

"Okay..." Namjoo mumbled as she rubbed her forehead.

-

Sungjae walked out of Namjoo's house and sighed. He loved Namjoo, he really did. He was always hurt by the fact that Namjoo was always giggling and talking about other boys in front of him. Sungjae would always have a bittersweet feeling, but he always hid it and showed happiness for Namjoo.

But the past few months, he's been concerned. Namjoo was always getting dumped, and Sungjae didn't want her to get hurt anymore.

If Namjoo would only take the time to realize Sungjae's feelings, maybe she would hurt less. If \Sungjae were to be her boyfriend, he wouldn't hurt her. He would love her endlessly. He would hug her, kiss her, and all of the other cute stuff couples do... but Namjoo's heart was blind. It loved the playboy and the gangsters and the drug dealers. She wouldn't know true love unless Cupid shot her in the .

-

Namjoo and Sungjae were eating ice cream at the ice cream parlor. It's been two months since Namjoo's break up.

"Hey Jae, I think I'm ready to start dating again." Namjoo said as she her chocolate-dipped vanilla ice cream.

Sungjae glanced at her with a raised brow, "Are you sure?"

"Yeah, I'm over Sungyeol already." She said with a grin.

"But what if the next guy hurts you again?" He asked.

"Aish, Jae. Don't jinx it." Namjoo mumbled as she hit him gently.

"I was just asking." Sungjae mumbled with a pout.

"I'll just give up on love then." Namjoo shrugged.

Sungjae glanced at her, "That's stupid. One can't simply give up on love."

"Hmm? Why not?" She asked.

"Because love isn't something you can control." He stated.

"Whatever." Namjoo said as she rolled her eyes.

"Anyways, let's go now." Sungjae said as he finished the last of his mint chip ice cream. He grabbed Namjoo's hand and pulled her along.

"Ugh. Sungjae, you don't have to hold my hand." Namjoo whined as she pulled her hand back.

"But I wanted to." Sungjae said as he reached reached out to hold it once again.

Namjoo scowled, "But that's weird. It makes us seem like a couple!"

"Hmm? Well I wouldn't mind being viewed as a couple. We'd make a cute one, you know?" Sungjae said teasingly, but inside, he meant it.

"What the-- Oh my gosh. Are you serious?" Namjoo asked in disbelief.

Sungjae just changed the subject as he pointed at Namjoo's house ahead, "Oh, look. We're here."

Namjoo nodded before letting go off his hand, "Oh... Yeah... Thanks for walking me home."

"No problem." He said as he watched Namjoo enter her house.

-

Namjoo leaned against the door, thoughts filling her mind. "We would make a cute couple." - Why did Sungjae say that? ... And why did he hold her hand? Namjoo was so confused. She was confused about Sungjae and her feelings. She never thought of him as anything more than a friend, but when she repeated those words in her mind, she couldn't help but blush and have her heart beat rapidly. She was falling in love with him, and she hated to admit it.

Sungjae went home and replayed the events in his head. He wished Namjoo would notice his feelings for her. He wanted her to love him, but he knew that it probably wasn't possible... Falling in love with Namjoo wasn't right... It would ruin their friendship...

Sungjae and Namjoo were meeting up again. They were strolling through the park having quite a comfortable conversation.

"Sungjae, have you met Myungsoo? I think I like him." Namjoo said with a shy smile.

"What... You barely know this guy." Sungjae mumbled.

"But it can be love at first sight!" Namjoo reasoned.

"Namjoo, that doesn't exist." He said.

"But-"

Sungjae, getting tired of how blind Namjoo was, cut her off.

"Ugh. God, Namjoo. Don't you understand? I like you." Sungjae yelled.

Namjoo's eyes widened.

"I've always been there for you. I always comforted you after each break up. Don't you understand how painful it feels to see you cry over so many boys? ... I just want you to notice me... and love me like you loved everyone else..." Sungjae paused as he saw tears streaking down Namjoo's cheeks. His voice softened, "Stop looking for new people to love and accept you... The person who truly loved you was standing in front of you the whole time... That person, was me." Sungjae said as he held Namjoo's hands.

"Please, Joo... Give me a chance. I promise I'll love you sincerely and take care of you." He pleaded.

Namjoo wiped the tears from her eyes with the back of her hand, "I'm sorry..."

Sungjae felt his heartbeat quicken. Was he going to get rejected?

Namjoo continued, "For being stupid. I'm sorry for being oblivious. I'll give you a chance, Sungjae."

"Aish, you scared me for a moment." Sungjae said as he flicked Namjoo's forehead, "So... You're my girlfriend now?"

Namjoo smiled, "Yes, and you're my boyfriend."

Sungjae grinned as he pulled her closer to him and pressed his lips against hers. Namjoo, blushing a light pink, kissed back.

-

And that is the story about Sungjae, the man who fell in love with his best friend, Namjoo.


Author's Note:
Here's the heavily anticipated JaeJoo you guys have ben waiting for. cx Sorry about the /really/ late update. I've been busy due to school, and I'm sick. o n o I'll try to update much faster in the future. Thank you for your patience guys! I love you all~ Oh, and I apologize if there are any errors. Btw, I originally wrote this as BaekJoo, but I decided Sungjae fit better.
*ChanJoo up next. c: **Requests closed.