His Brother

⇨Namjoo Oneshots⇦

Title: His Brother
Pairing: Kai x Namjoo ~ KaiJoo
Requested By: hennyKNJ


"Jongin?" Namjoo called softly, gently resting her hand on the said male's arm. She peered at the older male before her, taking note of his grumpy expression. Namjoo didn't know why he looked so upset, for she could have sworn that he was in a bubbly mood earlier- but it seemed that his mood had changed while she was occupied with talking about his older brother, Junmyeon. Leaning in slightly closer, she spoke again, concern evidently coating her voice. "Jongin, are you okay?"
Jongin finally averted his gaze to look at her, staring at her with narrowed eyes. She'd called him over to hang out, and all she had done throughout the course of time was talk about his older brother Junmyeon! Shouldn't she be aware that he was clearly NOT okay, and clearly upset instead? It was always Junmyeon this, Junmyeon that- and never anything about himself! Jongin felt so irked with Namjoo's obliviousness.
"Everything's great." Jongin answered flatly, his single statement inducing a growing urge within himself for use of sarcasm. "Everything's absolutely wonderful, Namjoo!"
He watched as Namjoo's eyes widened in surprise, and she quickly withdrew her hand back from holding his arm. A deep frown settled on her lips as she leaned back in her chair with dejection. Jongin's sarcasm was bothering her, and she honestly wished he would just tell her how he really felt, rather than hiding his emotions behind a sheet of sarcasm.
"Jongin..." She sighed, trying to think of a way to console her bestfriend. Lacking any idea of how to calm him down, she guiltily gazed down at her lap where she played with her fingers. "I'm sorry."
A snort of disbelief immediately left Jongin's lips, and he leaned over the table to stare into Namjoo's eyes. His piercing gaze intimidated the younger, and she found herself gulping unconsciously.
"You're sorry?! Do you even know what you're apologizing for?" Jongin angrily yelled. He couldn't care less about how everyone in the cafe they were hanging out at had practically stopped what they were doing just so they could stare. 
Namjoo whinced at how loud the male was yelling, and she found herself shrinking even farther into her seat at each word that the male shot at her. She was scared at how angry Jongin was with her, and honestly in response to his question- she really didn't know why she was apologizing. She didn't think that she'd done anything wrong.
"Jongin, please. People are staring..." She whimpered softly, and gently clutched at his arm in hopes of calming him down. Instead, the male only flung her hand away angrily before raising his voice even louder.
"I don't care about them! What I do care about is the fact that you're constantly ogling over my older brother when you should be concerned with me instead! All you ever talk about is Junmyeon, even though you're hanging out with me, Kim ing Jongin!" Jongin spat, slamming his hands down on the cafe table in the midst of his rage.
Namjoo only gawked at her bestfriend, lips quivering as she fought for the right words to say. She didn't know that talking about Junmyeon would aggravate Jongin so badly. After all, Jongin was aware that Namjoo had a crush on Junmyeon, so shouldn't he have expected her to be constantly talking about him?
With a sigh, Jongin finally pulled away. As if finally calming down a little after getting his feelings out, he glanced back at Namjoo with a small sigh. Tears were glistening in Namjoo's eyes and she refused to spare a look at him. Jongin remembered that Namjoo didn't like being yelled at, and after that realization had dawned on him, he immediately felt bad. It wasn't like Namjoo was asking to be yelled at when she talked about Junmyeon. Jongin knew that hurting him wasn't Namjoo's intention anyways. Because Jongin couldn't contain his anger, here Namjoo was, hurting instead.
"Go home, Namjoo." Jongin sighed as he fished some money out of his pocket and set it before the girl. "Take a cab." Muttering beneath his breath, he added, "And the next time you think about hanging out with me, take Junmyeon Hyung instead because I won't come anymore."
Namjoo soaked in his words, and felt her heart ache at how mean Jongin was being. After the instance that happened today, Namjoo was positive that she wouldn't hang out with Jongin anytime soon anyways, so he didn't have to worry.
Without looking at him, Namjoo only pushed the money away from her before standing up and quickly walking out of the cafe. 
Jongin could only stare at her retreating back, feeling slightly worried that she hadn't taken his money.
---
Mean. Jongin was so mean today. Was he on his man period or what? Namjoo felt irritation course through her as she balled her fists in anger. If Jongin didn't like hearing her talk about her crush on Junmyeon, couldn't he have told her nicely? Geez, he didn't have to be so short-tempered with her.
Even after how rude he acted with her back at the cafe, he still had the nerve to try and make amends with her by offering her taxi money. Honestly after Jongin had been mean, she didn't want anything to do with him, and she sure as hell didn't want nor need his money. Sure, at first Namjoo may have shed a few tears because she was hurt, but now she was just plain angry after realizing the situation. Kim Jongin was just so childish sometimes.
But honestly one statement really bothered her. "And the next time you think about hanging out with me, take Junmyeon Hyung instead because I won't come anymore."
Just because she pushed Jongin over the edge by talking about Junmyeon a little more than he accepted, Jongin didn't want to hang out anymore? What was with that guy? Huffing softly, Namjoo fished her phone out of her pocket. Whatever. If that's what Jongin wanted, then Namjoo would be compliant.
It was getting late, and Namjoo needed a ride, so as Jongin had instructed, she called Junmyeon to pick her up instead. Junmyeon was much kinder than Jongin anyways, and he was always willing to aid Namjoo in whatever she needed, even if it meant picking her up in some random location.
---
The next day at school Namjoo was acting cold and distant with Jongin. Jongin figured it was because of what happened the other day, but he still insisted on bothering her which Namjoo didn't understand. Wasn't he the one who was fed up with her in the first place?
"Did you get home safe?" Jongin wondered, trailing behind the female as she walked towards her locker. Namjoo waited until she reached her locker before giving her delayed response. "I'm here, aren't I? So that's a yes." She smartly shot at him as she twisted in her code.
Jongin's brows furrowed at her treatment towards him. He wasn't stupid. That wasn't what he meant. "How did you get home?"
"I don't think I should say." She answered nonchalantly as she busied herself with exchanging items between her bag and locker, readying herself for the upcoming class periods. "You might get triggered if I say any names." She continued.
"Namjoo," Jongin's voice lowered with impatience. He didn't have time for this. Slamming his hand on the side of her locker, he groaned. "Just answer me, will you?"
"Junmyeon picked me up and brought me home." Namjoo finally told as she closed her locker. Looking up at him to see his expression, she scoffed at the sight of his distaste. "Don't like my answer, huh? I warned you. I guess you shouldn't have asked."
And with that, she walked away.
---
Jongin couldn't stand it. Namjoo must have been really hurt for her to try and shut him out of her life completely. Sure, he was childish for losing his temper when she talked about Junmyeon, but Namjoo was equally childish too! Namjoo was cutting ties with him just because she was hurt by his words? What a kid.
Something that irked him even more was that she actually took his words to heart! When he told her to hang out with Junmyeon instead of him, he hadn't actually meant it. But here Namjoo was, spending every single moment with his older brother. The way Namjoo smiled brightly at Junmyeon and initiated skinship with the male sent Jongin over the edge. That should be him. Namjoo was HIS.
---
"Can you stop treating me like I'm invisible?" He finally cornered Namjoo one day. His arms trapped her between him and the wall behind her.
"I can. Don't want to though." She lazily replied before moving to push Jongin away. But Jongin wouldn't let her go just like that.
Slamming his hand next to the wall space by her head, he angrily growled. "Namjoo!"
Namjoo flinched at the loud noise the impact of his hand made, and she found herself frozen in her spot. Jongin was being scary again. She hoped he wouldn't yell at her any further because if he did, Namjoo knew she would probably cry.
"What's so good about Junmyeon anyways?" He angrily questioned, eyes keeping Namjoo under his piercing glare. She always gawked at Junmyeon and Jongin honestly had no idea why. Jongin was always told that he was the more handsome brother, by why did Namjoo fail to see that?
"Because he's nice and takes care of me! And better yet, he doesn't yell at me like you do!" Namjoo spat.
Jongin hissed, Namjoo's words stabbing his heart like knives. Jongin could be so much better than Junmyeon. He could be nice to Namjoo if he wanted, and he could take care of her if he pleased. It wasn't like Jongin yelled at Namjoo everyday either.
"Fine! Go to him then." Jongin muttered, withdrawing from the female. He honestly felt so hurt that Namjoo would like his brother more than him. It hurt his pride and ego in all honesty.
However, though Namjoo was given the chance to leave, it seemed Namjoo stayed unmoving in her spot. He turned to look at her, wondering what she was waiting for. Her eyes seemed to lighten up with realization, and he watched as a small smirk curved up onto her lips.
"Wait a second," She started, hands clutching at Jongin's sleeve so that he wouldn't leave her. Jongin had no intention of fleeing anyways. It was the first time in days that Namjoo had directed a conversation towards him first. "Don't tell me- You're jealous."
Jongin's eyes widened in shock and he shook his head vigorously in embarrassment. "Do you hear yourself? I don't get jealous, you know that."
Namjoo only laughed at him in response, shaking her head at him. "What do you describe the way you're acting right now then?"
Jongin thought about it, and honestly Namjoo was right. "... Jealous." He answered her quietly. He heard Namjoo giggle in delight, and he felt her hug onto his arm.
"Aww, Jongin. I didn't think you'd be jealous of me liking Junmyeon. Could it be that you have a crush on me like how I have a crush on Junmyeon?" She wondered as she peered up at him.
Jongin only stayed quiet, feeling shameful that she had found out. Now he had to prepare himself for the rejection that was soon to come. Namjoo would tell him that she didn't like him, and Jongin would be left looking all too pitiful.
But to his surprise, Namjoo said something that surprised him.
"You know, I've actually had a crush on you for a long time first. But since we were bestfriends, I figured you'd never like me in that way. Thus, I willed myself to like your older brother instead." She admitted. Now it was her turn to be shy. Jongin watched as Namjoo shyly fiddled with a tendril of her hair.
"... Dummy." Jongin muttered at Namjoo's logic. If anything, being bestfriends with Namjoo was just a reason for Jongin to like Namjoo all the more.
"Go back to crushing on me again." Jongin ordered. "Junmyeon can find someone else." Slipping his hand into Namjoo's own, Jongin stared at her with determination.
"Because you," He paused, pulling her flush against his body, "You're mine."
"No one else can have you." He told, fingers combing themselves through her hair. "Not even my older brother whom I'd give the world to."


Tomorrow will be my last update of the week. It'll be Chen x Namjoo. Please anticipate!