College

⇨Namjoo Oneshots⇦

Title: College
Pairing: Kyungsoo x Namjoo ~ KyungJoo


"What?!" Kyungsoo was staring at his best friend, unbelieving. He couldn't believe what Namjoo had just told him. "What do you mean you're not going to the same college as me? You have to!"

College. That was what they were talking about. They were already in their senior year of high school, and it seemed they wouldn't be attending the same college. Kyungsoo was upset. He wanted Namjoo to be with him forever. They had stuck together since kindergarten, and he had no intention of separating with her now. Besides, he had a crush on her, and he was positive that she had a crush on him too.
Namjoo sighed, playing with her fingers. She knew Kyungsoo would react this way. "I thought so too, but my mom says it's too far and inconvenient. I'll be going to the college near my neighborhood instead."
"No, no, no!" Kyungsoo exclaimed grabbing her arm and pulling her over to him, "You can't, I won't let you!"
"Kyungsoo..." Namjoo said softly, putting a hand on his shoulder, "I have to. My mom has already made up her mind. Once she's made up her mind, there's nothing that will be able to change it."
Kyungsoo frowned, taking her hand off of his shoulder, so that he could hold it, "I'll change it. I'll convince her to transfer you." He stared at Namjoo, a look of positivity on his face.
"What makes you so sure?" She challenged, "I already registered at the school--"
"Your mom adores me, Namjoo. Whenever I'm at your house and I ask for something, she always says, 'Of course! Anything for you Kyungsoo.' Therefore, she'll have to accept my plea to have you transfer schools." He answered. Namjoo wanted to laugh at him.
"Kyungsoo, when she says 'anything', she means food." Namjoo explained, "Just accept my reality."
"But I really don't want you to leave me." Kyungsoo pouted, cupping her cheeks. "I'll be lonely."
"You'll be fine." Namjoo reassured, patting the hand that was on her cheek, "You'll find a new best friend."
"Nuh-uh. I won't. You're the only one who fits the position." He disagreed, "I'm going to talk to your mom right now."
"No, don't--" Namjoo tried grabbing his arm as an effort to stop him, but he had moved out of her reach. He was already making his way up the steps of her house.
Namjoo sighed. He was really stubborn. 
---
Once he had entered Namjoo's house, he immediately went to the kitchen where Namjoo's mom always was. "Mrs. Kim~" He cooed sweetly when he saw her pulling out a fresh batch of cookies from the oven.
"Huh? Oh, Kyungsoo, you're here!" She beamed, "Have a cookie! They're a bit hot though."
"Thank you, Mrs. Kim. I'll have one later." Kyungsoo smiled, "Can I request something?"
"Sure," She answered, pulling the oven mitts off of her hands, "Anything for you, Kyungsoo."
A smirk plastered his face once she said that phrase. He would surely convince her, "It's just... Namjoo says she won't be in the same college as me, and I would like for you to transfer her school."
Mrs. Kim stayed quiet, before a deep sigh escaped her lips. She smiled at him apologetically before walking over to him.
"Kyungsoo, honey, you know I can't do that." She spoke softly, wrapping an arm around him and patting his shoulder. She was very motherly, and she treated Kyungsoo like a son.
"B-But you said you would do anything for me." He reminded, using her own words against her.
"Honey, I know I did. This however, I can't do." She told.
"Why not?" He asked, almost angrily.
"Transferring schools takes a lot of work." She said and handed him a cookie, "Sorry, Kyungsoo."
"It's fine, Mrs. Kim." He uttered, taking a bite out of the cookie, "I'll be going now."
---
Namjoo had been waiting for quite a while outside, but she finally looked up when the door opened. She watched as Kyungsoo walked over to her, head hanging low in defeat. He seated next to her on her front lawn's grass. He didn't say anything.
"So... How did it go?" She started. Kyungsoo stayed still for a while before finally looking at her, eyes sad.
"She said she coudn't transfer you. I was so sure she would let you." He finally spoke. Namjoo watched as he hid his face with his arm. His mouth twisting into a way that showed he was hurt. He was crying.
"Yah, don't cry." She blinked, patting his back, "We'll still be able to keep in contact." Kyungsoo was always the type of dude to cry unnecessarily.
"But we won't be able to see each other as often." He whined, turning over to Namjoo so he could hide his face in her shoulder. His arms encircled her waist as he continued crying. He couldn't even imagine a future without Namjoo by his side.
"I'll send you selfies of me everyday, would that count?" Namjoo tried to calm him down. Her fingers played with locks of his hair.
"Would you really?" He asked, quickly raising his head up and accidentally hitting Namjoo's jaw with his head in the process.
"Owwie." Namjoo groaned, rubbing her jaw, "That hurt, but yeah, I will."
"Oh my god. I'm so sorry." Kyungsoo panicked, rubbing at the reddening spot on her jaw. "Should I kiss it better?" He wondered.
"N-no-- I'm fine, Kyungsoo." She declined, face blushing madly, "J-Just... Don't be sad about the college situation anymore. That will make me feel better."
"Alright." Kyungsoo sighed in defeat. He wouldn't express his sadness physically, but he would still be
sad about it in his mind. Why couldn't things ever go his way?
"Wait! What if I transfer instead?" He asked excitedly.
Namjoo rolled her eyes, "Kyungsoo, stop it."
"Hey, hear me out on this one! It doesn't sound impossible, does it? I can coax my parents into agreeing." He grinned, clapping at his own idea.
"You couldn't even convince my mom, so what makes you think you can convince yours?" Namjoo questioned, arms crossing over her chest.
"Hey, it's worth a try." Kyungsoo smiled, "The law of thinking says that if you believe something will happen, it will. I believe I'll be able to get my parents to transfer me therefore, they probably will do so."
"Where did you get that nonsense from?" Namjoo snorted at his words. She didn't believe in the law of thinking that Kyungsoo was talking about. It sounded ridiculous.
"Some self-help book I read a long time ago." He laughed, "It doesn't hurt to believe in it though, right?"
"I guess not. Just don't go crying to me if it doesn't work." She replied, uninterested.
"Oh, I won't. It will work, it will."
--
"Mom~" Kyungsoo called once he got home. He held flowers behind his back, ready to present them to his mother. He was going to try and kiss up to her, so that she would be in a good mood when he asked about transferring.
"Oh, Kyungsoo! You're here." His mom smiled as she hopped off of the couch she was sitting on and went to him. She hugged him tightly in her arms.
"Yeah, I am." He smiled, hugging her back. They stayed in each other's embrace for a moment, before Kyungsoo decided to reveal the flowers, "I bought you a bouquet."
"Oh? What for?" She was startled, "What occasion is it?" She took the bouquet and began admiring the multiple flowers.
"Nothing." He said innocently, "It's just a present to show you my appreciation of you being my mom."
She looked at him suspiciously, "... I see... Anyway, I love the bouquet. Thank you."
"You're welcome." He chuckled. His mom didn't even reply. She instead left him standing there, so that she could find a vase.
Kyungsoo blinked, "Wait, mom! I need to ask you something--"
---
Namjoo was in her room seated at her desk. She was immersed in a novel she had just started reading earlier that day, and her goal was to finish it. Only 38 more pages left...
"Namjoo!" She looked up when Kyungsoo suddenly barged into her room. He was panting lightly.
"What?" She groaned, "Can't you see I'm reading? I'm at the good part of the story too!"
"Huh?" Kyungsoo blinked, his gaze landing on the book. He swiftly leaned in and took it away from her, hiding it behind his back, "Forget the book."
"Kyungsoo!" She whined, quickly standing up and trying to take it back from him, "Give it back!"
"Later." He told, gently pushing the girl to sit back down, "I have some news."
"If you're going to tell me that you couldn't get your mom to transfer you, I don't want to hear it. I already told you it wouldn't work." She grumbled, already occupied with doodling.
"Why are you so negative?" He asked, a bit irritated. Grabbing one of the crayons off her desk, he drew an 'x' through her doodle, "Anyway, my mom actually agreed, you idiot."
Namjoo was on the verge of punching him for ruining her precious drawing, but was immediately distracted when he said his mom agreed.
"Did she really?" She asked, eyes hopeful. "You're not lying to me, are you?"
"Yeah, she did. I would never lie, dumby." He smiled, pulling her up from her seat, "Let's do a victory dance."
"Like this?" She asked, pumping her fists in the air and screaming, "Whoop! Whoop!"
"Ehh," Kyungsoo made a face in distaste.
"What then?" She wondered, attention set on him.
"I was hoping for something more like this." He started, walking towards her and holding her in a way that allowed him to do the dip dance move with her. While she was still in the dip position, her eyes widened, Kyungsoo leaned in and kissed her before pulling her up again.
Namjoo felt her face heat up, and she looked away, "Kyungsoo..."
"I know you like me, Namjoo. I like you too. I told my mom that we were dating, and I wanted to go to the same college as you to make sure you wouldn't cheat on me. That's how I got her to agree." He said triumphantly.
"We're not even dating though--"
"Kim Namjoo, date me please?" He smiled sweetly.
"... Give me my book first."
He reluctantly handed it over to her.
"And... I want another kiss." She mumbled quietly, a pout on her face. Kyungsoo still heard her though, and he gladly pecked her pout.
"There," He smirked, "So, it's a yes then? I can finally call you mine, right?"
Namjoo nodded, still avoiding eye contact.
"So that means I can do this then--" he said as he ran to the kitchen, "Mrs. Kim! Me and Namjoo are dating!" 
"Kyungsoo!" Namjoo gasped, quickly running after him.

Sorry, I portrayed Kyungsoo to be a little childish and outgoing here. It just kinda happened. cx