Rejection

⇨Namjoo Oneshots⇦

Updated via mobile. Will edit the writing once I'm able to access a computer. I'm currently in Arizona, so it may take a while, but I'd appreciate it if you guys would bear with me.  ♡

Title: Rejection (I apologize for such a y title name)

Requested By: audiraas


"I like you, Han Sanghyuk!" Namjoo finally confessed. Her eyes were shut tightly as she said those five words. Her confession may have been simple, but it had taken a long time for her to muster up all of her courage to say it to the male. For days, weeks, months— Namjoo had constantly been practicing the phrase over and over in front of the mirror. And now... Now she had finally said it for real!

When Sanghyuk cleared his throat, Namjoo finally willed herself to open her eyes. The handsome male in front of her lacked any expression as he stared her down. Namjoo felt her heart stop beating for a split second. Regret immediately washed over her. Sanghyuk was obviously going to reject her, judging by his face.
"I--" She tried to speak again, but no words came out. How to save herself? She didn't know. She wanted to say "Haha. Just kidding. Disregard what I just said." but the words failed to be said. She could only stare on at Sanghyuk, agape.
"Do you?" He wondered, leaning down to the female's height level. He grabbed a tendril of Namjoo's brown hair and twirled it slowly around his finger. He stole a glance at the girl's flushed face as he awaited her reply.
Namjoo timidly nodded as an answer, earning a low chuckle from Hyuk. She watched as he leaned closer to her face, and she gulped the lump in . Her breath hitched when he stopped a few centimeters away from her. "Ah, is that so? In that case... I..." He trailed off, letting go of Namjoo's hair. He now traced her jaw lightly with his index finger. Namjoo felt like she was going to swoon at any moment. She attempted to lean her face away from his touch, only to have him grab her chin.
"I," He repeated. The aura was really intense as Namjoo eagerly awaited his answer. Was he going to say I like you too?
"I am willing to take you into consideration when I choose a girlfriend." He said instead.
And at that moment, Namjoo felt her heart break. Of course he didn't say I like you back. It would have been too good to be true.
"O-Oh... Haha." Namjoo forced a laugh. "Great." Not really. Well hey, at least he would take her into consideration. She still had a chance.
"On one condition." He added, smiling slyly. "You do my homework everyday from now on."
---
And that explained why Namjoo was in her room, having a mental break down because it was 3 am, and she was finished with Hyuk's homework, but not her own. Oh, the things she'd do for love. She prioritized Hyuk's grades over herself, and Namjoo thought she was pretty pathetic for doing so. It didn't matter though. She liked Hyuk a lot. She would kiss up to him in any way possible, in order to become his first option.
"Aish," Namjoo huffed, ruffling her hair. Her tired eyes caused her vision to be blurry, and she could barely see the questions on the math worksheet before her. Should she persevere and keep working on her homework, or should she go to sleep? What was more important? Grades or her wellbeing?
Namjoo let out an exasperated sigh as she hid her face in the crook of her elbow. She decided her wellbeing was more important. And even though she was positive that she would regret not finishing her homework in the morning, she lugged her exhausted body towards her bed. She squirmed beneath the covers and slung an arm over her favorite teddy bear. Her eyes closed, and she soon drifted to sleep. The last thought in her mind being 'Everything will be fine. The only thing that matters is Hyuk's homework, and it's finished.'
---
Namjoo awoke the next day, still drowsy. To be drowsy was only normal after all though, considering she only had a maximum four-hour sleep. She forced herself out of bed and rubbed the sleep from her eyes. She had to get ready and quickly make herself presentable for Hyuk.
---
"Here," Namjoo said, holding out the pile of homework in Hyuk's direction. "All of the answers should be right. I checked each and every one of them after all."
Hyuk stared down at the pile of papers, but he didn't reach out to take them like he usually did. Namjoo blinked, taking his hand and urging him to hold it, but he still refused. Namjoo furrowed her brows, tilting her head up to look at the male, "You... don't want it?" She asked slowly, to which Hyuk nodded.
"Yeah," He started, rubbing his nape. "I don't need it anymore. I forgot to tell you, but the deal is off. No need to continue doing my homework." He lowered his gaze to look into the female's eyes, and he gave her a sheepish grin.
Namjoo only stared at him, mouth agape. She had spent hours finishing his homework and had even given up on her own, only to have her efforts go to waste? This was the worst case scenario ever! To say that she wasn't mad would be an understatement.
"O-Oh." She said beneath her breath. She lowered the papers down, wondering what she should do with them. She let out a breath before crumpling the papers in her hand. She had no use for them anyways.
"Sorry," Hyuk apologized once more. He didn't seem all that sincere though, and Namjoo pretended to be unnerved. She accepted his apology anyways through gritted teeth.
It was silent between the duo for a while before Namjoo questioned, "Can I ask why the deal is off though? I believe that I qualify to hear a reason." Why was the deal off so suddenly? She wasn't even given any warning.
"Well, you know how I told you that I would take you into consideration if you do my homework? I chose a girlfriend already, so the deal is broken." He explained abruptly. He had chosen a girlfriend the day before, and it was no other than Lee Hyeri. Lee Hyeri, aka perfection— And the person who Hyuk had been infatuated with from the beginning.
Namjoo frowned. She couldn't help but feel that Hyuk's decision to date Hyeri instead of her was unfair. Namjoo had been doing Hyuk's homework all along, and he repaid her with rejection? Not nice. Namjoo didn't want to tolerate it, but she withheld her anger.
"How about me...?" She mumbled softly. Hyuk still managed to hear her words, and he only gazed at her with obvious pity. 
He gave a shrug, lifting his shoulders before letting them fall back into place heavily. "I guess you're just going to have to find someone else." That was all he said, and it made Namjoo clench her fists. "But hey, thanks for the homework. I got straight A's this whole semester thanks to you."
He ruffled her hair gently before pulling away. "I'll be going now!" He said, turning to walk away. "Keep your eyes peeled though," He called over his shoulder. "Your Prince Charming might be just around the corner."
Namjoo only allowed a baffled snort to escape her lips as she watched the male head over to Hyeri. She could not believe that her fate with Hyuk just ended like that. She supposed though, if they weren't meant to be, then whatever. Maybe his last sentence was right. Maybe, just maybe... Her Prince Charming was just around the corner...

A/N: I apologize that this one shot was really short, and that the ending wasn't all that great nor happy. I hope that this story was still somewhat entertaining nonetheless, and I beg that you guys will forgive me just this one time for such a short update. u n u; Anyway, the ending was kind of a cliff hanger, because I'm planning on continuing the story in the next chapter— only, the couple will be LuJoo. Luhan is going to be the "Prince Charming". So yeah, hope you anticipate it. Feel free to leave comments, and I promise that the next chapter will definitely be much longer! 

And once again, this was updated on mobile and the appearance of the one shot will be edited once I get my hands on a computer.