Friends Through Food

⇨Namjoo Oneshots⇦

Title: Friends Through Food (idk what to call it tbh)
Pairing: Namjoo x Taehyung(V) ~ TaeJoo/VJoo
Requested By: audiraas & soohanfeels
Story Inspired By: Alessia Cara's song "Here" (using phrases, etc.)

UntitledFantaken


Boom, Boom. The loud, rhythmic music caused the wall in which Namjoo's head was leaning on to vibrate and pound. A loud groan of annoyance escaped her lips, and she sat up straight in her chair. She ran a hand through her hair, frustrated. Why was she here at a party in the first place? Oh, right. It was because her friends had dragged her. Otherwise, she would have had no business in being in this place. She was absolutely uninterested and indifferent.

She was wedged up in a corner of the house, inside of the room where it was the most quiet. Although it was the most quiet, the air was still polluted with loud chatting and music that Namjoo didn't normally listen to. Music that had no message.
Oh, how Namjoo hated it at this party. She very much wished that she had stayed at home instead. At home, she could be alone. She could be comfortable. Namjoo wished she hadn't agreed to tag along. She should have declined. After all, all of the surrounding people didn't care about her wellbeing anyways. They probably wouldn't even realize it if she suddenly slipped out and ditched the party.
While Namjoo was silently judging her surroundings, she snapped out of her trance when her eyes landed on a guy. This guy was clearly staring at her, checking her out from what Namjoo could tell. She raised a brow at him, and waved slightly.
When he flashed her a rectangle smile and began to make his way over to her, Namjoo crossed her fingers. She hoped that this guy wasn't interested in her, and she especially hoped that he wouldn't ask her to dance.
"Hey," The guy greeted, a smile tugging at his lips once again. He rubbed his nape before continuing, "I'm Kim Taehyung, but feel free to call me V." Namjoo's eyes looked him up and down in consideration. Was he her type? He might be. Even though she wasn't looking for a boyfriend, nor did she need one-- It would be a bit interesting if she were to try and get to know him. It was much better than her original plan of trying to fall asleep. God, she was unable to even keep her eyes shut for a split second. Someone hollering to her left, someone throwing up to her right. This place was a mess. Besides she didn't feel safe here. Someone might take advantage of her.
Namjoo pulled on the best smile she could, "Pleasure to meet you, Taehyung. I'll just stick to calling you that. Namjoo is the name." Turning to her side, she cleared the chair next to her before tapping on it and glancing at him expectantly. When he sat down next to her, Namjoo felt more at ease. He seemed like a nice guy, honestly.
In Taehyung's mind, he felt welcomed by Namjoo. His heart was leaping in joy, glad that she wasn't one of those obnoxious girls. And the way she offered him to sit next to her? Wow, how charming could she get? Besides, she was pretty too. Cute even.
He his upper lip before biting his lower one. It was his nervous habit. Namjoo was still looking at him with a slight tilt of her head. She must have been curious about him. Probably wondering why she had caught him staring at her the way he had been.
He looked down, clearing his throat, before averting his gaze to Namjoo once more. "I'm the host at this party. I was checking to see if everyone was enjoying themselves and..." Building up the courage, he looked straight into Namjoo's eyes, "You caught my attention."
"Ah, I see." Namjoo replied nonchalantly, "Is it because I seem bored out of my mind?" She wondered, tapping at her chin with her index finger. "If so, it's because I am." She continued.
Swiveling in her seat, so she could face him, she pushed him back slightly. Hand on his chest. The chest where Taehyung's heartbeat was rapidly increasing by the second.
"Sorry if I seem unimpressed with this place. I'm an antisocial pessimist, and I usually don't like to get involved in parties like this one." She told, with a slight monotone voice. Her lips curved up slightly, and she leaned back, removing her hand from his chest. "So don't mind me. Go on, please enjoy your party."
Although Namjoo said that she would get to know him, her natural instinct was to push him away for some reason. She honestly didn't mean to have those words topple out, but they did.
Taehyung blinked at how sudden her statement was. He really didn't need to know all of the details she told him. He stared at her, his lips pressed into a thin line. Dumbfounded.
She gave him an angelic smile, and she made a shooing motion with her hands. "Go on. No need to waste your time on someone as unentertaining as me." When he still stayed glued onto his spot, a frown slowly crept onto her face and rested on her lips.
Taehyung rubbed his nape, a baffled laugh escaping his mouth. "Do I smell bad or something? Why do you want me to leave so much?" He wondered as he grabbed a handful of his shirt and brought it up to his nose. He smelled fine. Good, actually. He still smelled of the perfume he had rubbed on himself earlier that day.
"It's just..." Namjoo started, leaning in to smell his shirt as well, "Wow, you do smell good." She agreed before continuing, "It's just that I'm not interested."
Taehyung stayed quiet waiting for her to continue, but she didn't. "What are you not interested in?" He wondered. The party, the people, the food? What? She needed to clarify. "Be more specific."
She shrugged her shoulders lightly, slumping back into her chair afterwards. "I don't know." She mumbled so quietly, Taehyung had to lean in closer to hear. "I'm not interested in you, I guess. Or anything here, really."
Taehyung stared at her, his mouth shaped into an 'o' shape. Why wasn't she interested in him? He thought he seemed like an interesting guy.
"I'm not looking for a boyfriend." She put it into smaller and simpler words for his understanding. "Living the single life and enjoying it."
"But-" Taehyung started, only to get cut off when Namjoo placed her index finger on his lips.
"Shh." She hushed. "I know you only mean the best, and your intentions aren't to bother me, but I really don't want to hook up. Pardon my manners, but I hope you'll understand."
Taehyung playfully bit her finger before bursting out into laughter when she pulled it away in surprise. He wasn't only laughing at that, but the fact that she thought he wanted to hook up with her too. Taehyung wasn't planning on making a move on her that fast.
"Sorry to hurt your ego, but I wasn't looking for a relationship either." He told, nudging her teasingly with his elbow. "Oh gosh," He chuckled, "Your self confidence," He shook his head, smiling widely, "It's really too much."
Namjoo blinked at him, and he could see her cheeks turning red from embarrassment. She opened as if to say something, but it seemed she decided against it, for she turned her back to him instead.
"Cute." Taehyung commented before scooting next to her. "Anyway, I was actually hoping for friendship. After that, then you can decide whether you want me as your boyfriend or not."
"Forget it." She called over her shoulder. In all honesty, Namjoo felt shy after the misunderstanding. She wanted Taehyung to go away immediately, but it seemed that was the last of his plans.
"Come on, I'll quit teasing you if you put the effort into befriending me. Or I can try befriending you while you continue being stubborn." He told, to which Namjoo chose the second option.
After choosing the second option, Taehyung left. Namjoo could finally let out a sigh of relief. Only, Taehyung's leave wasn't permanent.
Taehyung returned with a large platter filled with what Namjoo believed to be every single item on the snack table.
"This is how I befriend people," He told, taking his seat next to her. "I give them food. Everyone likes food, ya know?" He asked, smiling at her sheepishly. "I didn't know what food you were into though, so I got everything."
"I can see that," Namjoo commented. watering from all of the delicious looking delicacies before her. Truth be told, Namjoo loved eating. But if she were to stuff her face next to Taehyung whom she barely knew, she might give him the impression that she were a fatty.
"Eat up." Taehyung urged, holding the platter closer to her.
Namjoo hesitantly reached out to grab one of the food items, but stopped and turned her head away. "I-I can't. I need to keep my body healthy." Not really. Who cares about a healthy body? Not her to be honest.
"Should I force feed you then? I don't want all of this food to go to waste."
"N-" Namjoo was cut off when Taehyung took advantage of her open mouth, and took the opportunity to shove a brownie inside. Namjoo shot a glare at him, but chewed and swallowed the dessert anyways. Taehyung only laughed victoriously as he contemplated on which item to feed her next.
"So? How was it-" He couldn't finish his question, when Namjoo decided to get revenge on him and shoved a spring roll into his mouth.
"Aha!" She said, laughing loudly and evilly. "I got you-"
But Taehyung shoved a sushi roll into in return. "At this rate, one of us will surely choke." He laughed.
"Sudden death. That makes everything more interesting." Namjoo said with a poker face. Taehyung would have been scared had she not burst into laughter after her own comment.
He chuckled along with her. At least she was opening up to him. She seemed to have a slightly morbid humor, but Taehyung didn't mind it all that much. He thought it was unique.
After a while of force feeding each other, they finally emptied the whole platter. They both slumped against their chairs, complaining of stomachache, but still managing to laugh together.
"Do you think you could consider me as a friend now?" Taehyung wondered, rolling onto his side to look at Namjoo.
"Hmm, yeah." Namjoo nodded, a yawn escaping as she shut her eyes. "Anyone who gives me food is considered a friend."
Taehyung chuckled, "What do you think about me being your boyfriend?"
"You're an idiot. It's too early to consider that." She snorted, hitting his arm.
"I know, I know. Just playing with you." He answered, a smile creeping into his lips.
When she didn't reply, he pinched her nose, only to earn a whine from her.
"Hey, you aren't supposed to fall asleep after you eat. It makes you gain weight, and you told me earlier that you had to keep your body healthy." He warned, shaking her.
"Ah, forget everything I said earlier." She groaned, turning her back to him once more. "Just wake me up when there's more food, or when the party's over."
"Alright." Taehyung chuckled.
Namjoo smiled to herself. She guessed parties weren't so bad after all. And now that she had a full stomach and a new friend to watch over her, she could finally drift into sleep like what she originally planned. But before she could do that, she needed to clear something up.
"I'm not a fatty by the way." She told as she turned to face him. "Or maybe I am.... But even if I am one, you aren't allowed to consider me as it."
"Pfft, of course." Taehyung nodded in agreement. "And I thought you were going to sleep?" He asked, raising a brow at her.
"I am." She told, closing her eyes and making exaggerated snoring noises. Taehyung covered , "Alright, alright. Stop that will you?"
To which Namjoo only replied by gently biting his hand. "Hah! I finally got you back from when you bit my finger earlier."
Taehyung only rolled his eyes. When he approached Namjoo, he hadn't expected her to be this much of a dork.

Author's Note: Slightly hard-to-get Namjoo. I hope it wasn't too boring. cx
Requests are now closed. Debating on whether or not I should transfer the oneshots and requests from Countdown into this one. Feedback in the comments, please? :)))
*HyukJoo up next!