PART 1

Twinkle

Chanyeol has always adored the three Korea’s ladies. Their newly released clothing brands are collected in his closet. Posters, videos, everything is fully packed in his room. Chanyeol likes girl and there is no doubt in that.

But he starts questioning his own uality the moment he saw Byun Baekhyun -which was last week- until now. Park Chanyeol, the top photographer in his company was asked to go with Luhan and Kyungsoo to Taeyeon, Tiffany and Seohyun’s press conference. Chanyeol was beyond happy to see the three in person but there again, he met Baekhyun.

A pretty simple bump in the hallway doesn’t mean nothing to Chanyeol. Baekhyun, the new model who works in the trio’s company has the prettiest smile, according to Chanyeol. Even his apologetic smile, saying that he was sorry for not looking is simply beautiful.

Chanyeol’s group has been sent to the company’s building for interviews purposes. Chanyeol is happy, surprisingly not because he has the chance to see the beautiful divas but the dazzling boy is pretty much occupying his mind for the whole time.

Today is the last interview for the teenager magazine where Chanyeol, Kyungsoo and Luhan work at. The day isn’t so good for the three since Kyungsoo got into a little fight with some new model named Kim Kai and Luhan just spilled his juice at Kai’s friend, Oh Sehun. But it’s not it. Chanyeol cannot see Baekhyun and it’s the matter.

Ever since that day, Chanyeol likes to call himself as a fan of Baekhyun, an admirer of the older male. He is still sure that he doesn’t like Byun Baekhyun in a romantic way. Not that he is against homoual but he just can’t seem to admit and always denies.

 

Chanyeol is only a fan of Byun Baekhyun and it will always be that way.

 

 

Chanyeol hasn’t seen Baekhyun around and he knows it’s pretty much normal, seeing how Baekhyun is a model and Chanyeol is an ordinary man who works as a photographer. It doesn’t really matter anymore to Chanyeol or he is more than happy that he doesn’t have to see Baekhyun anymore. Else, the butterflies that he felt will come back and Chanyeol will start doubting his uality again.

But it doesn’t stop there. Chanyeol actually meets Baekhyun again, exactly two weeks after the last interview with the divas.

This Saturday morning, Chanyeol has planned to go to a minimarket nearby since he found no instant noodles in the fridge last night. Arriving at the parking area with his old bike, he enters in with the shopping list that has been taken out of the bag.

Instant noodles, apples, coke and some snacks are in the cart within a few minutes. Chanyeol has so much fun in shopping since it has been awhile since the last time he did it (he was too busy with his schedules) until he doesn’t notice that he bumps onto the wall, causing his forehead gets reddened.

But some giggles do not go unnoticed by Chanyeol. He looks to his left, only to find that it’s actually the Byun Baekhyun guy, who just saw an embarrassing scene. Chanyeol has never felt this embarrassed in his entire life so he lowers his head, cheeks flushing and ears reddening.

“Oh it’s you. Hi,” Baekhyun says softly. Chanyeol, for once, admits that he has missed the sweet voice and the calm tone Baekhyun has.

Chanyeol feels that his tongue is tied and cannot move to utter a single word to Baekhyun. Says he is nervous, his palms start to sweat and his hands are somewhat trembling. But he decides to speak since he wants no more embarrassing moment. “Hi,” he replies after a few seconds.

Baekhyun smiles and bends down to pick some instant noodles that fell when Chanyeol bumped onto the wall. He hands Chanyeol the noodles and smiles. “You shouldn’t eat that too much. It’s unhealthy, as you already know.”

Chanyeol doesn’t reply since he is busy with his own thought. In Chanyeol’s point of view, Baekhyun is incredibly perfect. Not only he is good looking but his caring personality melts Chanyeol, especially when Baekhyun gives him that kind smile.

“You are there?” Baekhyun asks as he waves his hand in front of Chanyeol to get the taller male’s attention. Chanyeol nods his head and clears his throat before extending his hand for a friendly handshake. “I’m Park Chanyeol, by the way.” Baekhyun’s lips curve into a smile and shakes Chanyeol’s bigger hand. “Byun Baekhyun. It’s pleasure to meet you, Chanyeol-sshi.”

 

Chanyeol becomes Baekhyun’s friend in no time. They meet several times ever since the little encounter in the minimarket. Baekhyun accompanied him shopping and they exchanged numbers. Chanyeol knows he had never felt happier at that moment.

What makes them closer is they both share many same interests, unexpectedly. Fashion and music are mostly what they are talking and chit-chatting about. Sometimes, Baekhyun sings and Chanyeol will play the guitar. Or they will go to some places with Chanyeol bringing his camera around and makes Baekhyun as the model.

Baekhyun and Chanyeol also text each other every day, whether it’s a simple ‘good morning’ or ‘have you eaten yet?’ they will at least send a message to one another, never missing a day. Hanging out every Saturday is now a routine for them. Having lunch or dinner together, playing video games, going to the arcade, watching some night movies and having sleepover at Baekhyun’s apartment are what they will do whenever they have a free time.

On this Saturday, Chanyeol and Baekhyun decide to have a sleepover since Baekhyun’s schedule is pretty hectic and they haven’t seen each other for three days. So Baekhyun asks him to come over, having two cups of hot coffee and snacks together while snuggling under the blankets in the cold night will be perfect, Baekhyun said to him.

“Baek, I’m here,” Chanyeol calls as he presses the doorbell once again. He has been ringing him for the nth times already yet Baekhyun isn’t showing up. He starts getting impatient and is about to press the bell again but Baekhyun finally opens the door for him.

“Sorry that I make you wait! I was showering,” he mumbles and looks at him with apologetic stare before telling Chanyeol to get in. Chanyeol just shakes his hand and steps into the apartment. He has missed the scent of Baekhyun’s room, smelling like strawberry.

That night, they pick a Hong Kong’s romance-comedy movie. Both love the same genre, especially Chanyeol who will laugh every time the funny scenes are on the screen. Meanwhile Baekhyun, just smiles at him and adores Chanyeol’s laughter.

There is also a time when Chanyeol watches the movie alone while Baekhyun chooses to play some games on computer instead. But Chanyeol doesn’t like it. He doesn’t have anyone to wrap his arms around, to exchange small whispers, to giggle and even share tears together. So he crawls to the computer table, approaching Baekhyun.

Baekhyun turns around to see Chanyeol there. He giggles but kicks Chanyeol’s body a little, telling him to move because there is no enough space for Baekhyun to spread his legs and tap one of them on the floor.

But Chanyeol is being stubborn. He gets an idea to annoy the older one. He gets up, standing behind Baekhyun and starts playing with the soft hair that smells like strawberry. Baekhyun rolls his eyes at Chanyeol and removes the big hands from his hair then continues playing.

Chanyeol doesn’t stop. He puts his hands around Baekhyun’s neck, cupping it softly.

Chanyeol knows his sensitive spot so he moves his fingers in circular motion and Baekhyun’s reaction is just like usual: trapping Chanyeol’s hand between his neck and his head so he won’t move.

Baekhyun shouts and Chanyeol laughs, a little satisfied. Yet he hasn’t got the one he wants, Baekhyun’s attention.

So he moves away from Baekhyun’s neck, stepping forward to sit on Baekhyun’s lap casually. Baekhyun gets his eyes widened in a second. He tries to push Chanyeol away but the giant is obviously too heavy. Baekhyun sighs in defeat and

They like to keep their friendship that way.

But later on, Chanyeol notices.

It has been 7 months and this is it. Chanyeol can feel that the bond between them is getting stronger each day but he doesn’t want to face the fact that he is in love with the older. For someone who has never been in a relationship before, Chanyeol isn’t ready to accept that he has a thing for a man. He has proclaimed that he is straight yet Baekhyun is the only one to make his heart beats ten times faster.

Chanyeol thinks of a good idea.

He thinks everything will get better if Chanyeol stops messaging him and cuts the communication between them. For their sake, Chanyeol doesn’t want anything get worse. Or even worst, so he really does stop texting. Not replying to any of Baekhyun’s messages, neither does he answer his calls. He knows it’s for their best but apparently, Luhan and Kyungsoo calls him stupid for doing so.

Once again, Chanyeol’s team is asked to interview some models from the SM Company (where Taeyeon, Tiffany and Seohyun work). Chanyeol has been trying to talk to their boss about this but the man rejected his request (asking if someone can replace him). He said the best teamwork is needed.

Chanyeol gives up and mentally prepares himself for next week, when he possibly meets Baekhyun again, after a month of not contacting him, at all.

 

The day seems to come quicker than Chanyeol expected. They are getting ready for the interview already, which Kyungsoo and Luhan are sitting in the car already. Luhan, who is impatient, tickles Chanyeol’s stomach so he won’t stare into space for too long. Chanyeol shakes his head and gets in.

“Who are we going to interview anyway? Is that those popular divas again?” Luhan asks Kyungsoo who is holding the notes, papers and the other things that they need since he is the most responsible among the three. Kyungsoo glances at the paper in his hand and shrugs. “Nope. One of them named Kai or something. I’m sure I heard that name somewhere.”

Luhan just nods in approval, he really heard that name before but cannot recall the person. It doesn’t really matter to him so he shrugs the thought away, continues playing with his phone.

But Chanyeol remembers Kim Kai. He is the one who Kyungsoo got into a fight with but he chooses to not to bring the topic up, not wanting to ruin Kyungsoo’s mood even before they start the interview. That will turn out bad.

Soon enough, the car stops and it’s parked. Chanyeol, Luhan and Kyungsoo get out of the car immediately as they know that they are almost late. Chanyeol takes a deep breath. The only thing he hopes right now is not seeing Baekhyun on that day.

Unfortunately for Chanyeol, he sees Baekhyun on the lobby floor, talking to a guy which happens to be Kai. They look so perfect for each other. Both are models, especially when Kai is extremely handsome. Honestly, he feels a sting that is really uncomfortable. But he decides to quicken his pace, dragging his friends with him.

“Why are you rushing?” Luhan questions but doesn’t get an answer from Chanyeol. He knocks the door where they will do the interview (of course some pictures are needed, that’s why Chanyeol is included) and a few seconds after, someone opens the door for them.

“Oh, please come in,” one of the staffs says as he moves backward to let them in. They bow politely before entering the personal room. In the room, they can see a man in suits with his back facing them. It must be one of them, Chanyeol thought.

Kyungsoo clears his throat and says, “Good evening. We are here for the interview.”

The man turns around. Luhan is the first one to recognize him. It’s Oh Sehun and Luhan remembers him well. He won’t forget the ‘juice’ incident.

Sehun glares at Luhan before nodding his head, signaling them to sit on the sofa across the one he is sitting on. Kyungsoo has to drag Luhan who is freezing to follow them.

“The other two will be here soon,” Sehun tells them and Kyungsoo nods, Chanyeol smiles while Luhan has a blank expression. Not long after he says that, the sound of the door opened is heard.

Chanyeol catches a glimpse of Baekhyun but quickly turns away. Kyungsoo, in the other hand, shouts, “You!”

Kai only raises his brow at him and sticks his tongue out. He pulls Baekhyun to sit next to Sehun so they can start the interview.

 

Chanyeol can feel that Baekhyun keeps eyeing him for the whole time. Chanyeol steals a few glances at Baekhyun but not daring to stare right into Baekhyun’s shining eyes. Too beautiful, he is afraid he is falling more. He is a coward. But every time Baekhyun stares at him, a hint of hurt is always there. Chanyeol doesn’t understand why.

The interview goes pretty well since the three of them have to be as professional as they can, not bringing personal issues when it comes to work. Chanyeol can avoid Baekhyun’s gaze and Kyungsoo is glad that he doesn’t lose his control when Kai teases him on purpose.

“Thank you for the time!” they say in unison and bow to them, same goes to the three models. Chanyeol has his bag around his arm already and is preparing to leave but out of sudden, his name is being called. He obviously knows the voice. The sweet and soft voice that he never plans to forget.

Kai and Sehun look at each other before leaving the room for the two to talk personally. But Chanyeol is a coward. He doesn’t want to fall more and more the moment he looks into Baekhyun’s eyes.

“Park Chanyeol,” he whispers lowly.

Chanyeol turns back to him after trying to catch his breath back. He raises his brow at Baekhyun and asks, “Yes, Baekhyun-sshi?”

Baekhyun doesn’t answer for a few seconds. He cannot believe that Chanyeol treats him like a stranger only. “How have you been? Where have you-“

But Baekhyun can’t finish his words because Chanyeol quickly cuts it off. “I’m sorry but I have to go now.” Chanyeol turns away, putting his hand on the doorknob and opens the door for him to leave but Baekhyun’s move is fast enough to catch him. He steps forward to grab Chanyeol’s hand and raises his voice, “Why are you avoiding me?”

Not like Chanyeol knows how to answer that question. He doesn’t know why he is avoiding him either.

Stupid Chanyeol is stupid.

He lets go of Baekhyun’s grip a little too harsh and says coldly, “Excuse me, Baekhyun-sshi.”

 

Chanyeol is only a fan of Byun Baekhyun and it will always be that way.

 

you better comment because it's hard to write this chap :( sorry for the grammar.