Final

Did You Know?

Today I wanted to go out. Party, eat, whatever if it means going out of my house. I called my best friend Chanyeol…but the great idiot had a date with his girlfriend. Tao didn’t want to go out from his house, I didn’t know why. D.O was taking care of his girlfriend who was sick at the moment. And all of them were like that, busy, without wanting to leave their houses or with their girlfriends.

My only hope was my best gull (not a typo people, she’s my gull) friend and confident Jang Na Young. After my mother, she’s the woman I love the most but obviously she doesn’t know and won’t ever know. It wasn’t worth telling her if I was already stuck in the friend zone.

“Naty!” I said happily once she answered her cell phone. I loved calling her like that even though it didn’t have any relation to her name.

“Hey, Baek” I could imagine her smiling while she talked. “What’s up?”

“Well, I want to go out today. What do you think if we go to a karaoke or something like that?” I asked with a little bit too emotion and she noticed. From the other side, I heard a sigh. I frowned knowing what will come next.

“I’m sorry Baek, but not today. I…have….umm…plans. Yeah! Plans! Plans with…uhh…my family. We’re going to eat at a restaurant and you know I can’t tell them no.” She said too nervous which made me suspect a bit. It smelled like a lie from afar but I decided to not say anything.

“Aww, what a shame. Have in your busy schedule a day for your best friend, okay?” Without wanting to my disappointment was noticed.

“Baekhyun, I’m sorry. I really really wish I could go out with you, but I can’t.” Her voice tone told me she was really apologetic and sad. Rare times she called me by my full name, only when she talked seriously about something. Maybe she noticed that I knew she was lying?

“It’s okay, there are many more days in the years. I hope you enjoy your family day, bye bye.” I hung up and laid in my bed looking at the roof.

I was angry. Very angry. When I didn’t want to go out everyone was free and out already. But when I’m the one who wants to go out everybody in the whole world was busy.

But something had me worried. Na Young wasn’t someone to lie, let alone me. It was obvious she didn’t have any plans with her parents. She will do something today, and she didn’t want me to know. What was that girl planning? I hope it isn’t anything bad. She wouldn’t try to do something dangerous or something like that.

Maybe I could call her friends; they might know what’s going on. But what if she told them not to tell me anything? Anyways, I’ll try.

(-_-) <- this was my face after calling her friends.

According to Mira she didn’t know either, but it smelled like lie too. She was other that didn’t know how to lie. Besides she was in a date with Luhan. I couldn’t talk to Jin because Kai was the one who answered. He told me she couldn’t talk, she was busy. And Heesun told me the same Naty told me.

It was clear that she told her friends not to tell me.

I was tired of thinking and decided to go out because apparently I’m a forever alone. Literally, I was going in circles around the city in my car when I saw a place full of people.

I got to see a stage and many people in extravagant costumes. There seemed to be a great event taking place. It seemed interesting so I parked somewhere close to this place called “Restaurant Gongwon” according to the big banner. Since it was a restaurant, I’ll eat something too.

Even though the event hasn’t even started yet, everyone was all excited. Most of them spent their time waiting in front of a television that kept putting K-pop songs. The fans screamed excitedly watching their oppas and sang—I would say yelled—along to the lyrics of the songs. It was a very happy atmosphere; I quickly forgot all my worries.

I ordered a drink and a snack to entertain myself while the event started. I was singing along to the newest song of my idols of all time I Got a Boy by SNSD. Just as the song ended a boy my age stood on the stage and opened the event with some words. He said it was a K-pop contest. I paid what I had consumed and went where the judges were. Nearby I found a plastic chair and sat there.  

It was night already and the place was more lightened up than ever. I couldn’t deny all the talent that was grouped in this sole place. Of all type and size.

Something that left me surprised was that Na Young’s friends danced. Mira, Heesun, Risa and Maria danced to Hello Venus’s Venus and Jin, Roshi and others danced to NU’EST’s Face. They all went to the stage. I was really surprised because I didn’t know they danced or even sang and rapped so well!

But if they were here, that means they lied too. And if they lied about not knowing where Na Young was, she probably is here. Also those idiots called my friends might be here too. I think I heard them cheer for their girlfriends too.

Thinking that made my eyes widened and stayed alert, I looked everywhere within my eyesight and couldn’t find her nor her friends. I was disappointed once again. Maybe I’m exaggerating and pushing my hopes up too much.

A girl just ended singing Heaven by Ailee when the hosts said the name I wanted to hear so much, Jang Na Young.

My ears sharpened and my eyes quickly positioned themselves on the stage. I didn’t want my mouth to stay hanging because I’ll look like a complete idiot but I couldn’t help it. The girl woman that stood in that stage couldn’t be the shy girl that was embarrassed of even talking. She looked like a goddess. Those big and round eyes could be seen from afar. Her stare today was confident and defying. She seemed to want to rule the world with only her eyes; at least with me she was already achieving her goal. Her soft lips sparkled thanks to the reflectors and a peach lip gloss she had on, although those lips shone on their own without any of those things. Her attire was so y; I could take my eyes off her.

She started dancing to Brave Girls’ Do You Know. I have to give credits to Na Young. Standing on a stage alone wasn’t easy. She clearly had a lot of guts. Not everybody has the guts to stand alone in a stage dancing to a song so… How can I describe it? Sensual? y? Provocative? I don’t know but for me that’s how it was.  And I hope no one is feeling like me because we’ll have great problems. I could feel a liquid coming out of the corner of my mouth. I was surprised of myself. I was drooling!

Na Young, look at what you’re doing to me! The funny thing is you’re doing it to me unconsciously.

Just when I was into the song, the judges stopped it. Stupid judges, they don’t know what’s good. I wanted to watch her dance until the very end.

I won’t deny the situation I’m in right now. It was very hot and I’m one hundred percent sure that it wasn’t the weather.

Unconsciously I stood up and walked to where all the participants exited the stage after singing or dancing. I could notice some girls dressed in red and white hugging the girl I was looking for. I kept walking without giving much importance to the other girls. I grabbed Na Young’s hand and pulled her out of there. Surely she already knew it was me, that’s why she was so quiet.

I pulled her to a little and deserted bridge behind the restaurant. I could feel some drops falling from the sky but that won’t stop me. When we got there, we stood in front of each other in complete silence. She looked down not wanting to meet my eyes that kept staring down at her.

I became tired of the silence and lifted her chin so I could see her crystalline eyes that seemed to want to cry in any moment. I liked it like that, those expressive eyes looking only at me. I frowned and let go of her chin.

“Why did you lie to me, Naty? It would have been so fun to know you would participate in this festival.”

“I was embarrassed.” I could see how her cheeks turned into a delicate rose.

“Of what? That specifically I went to see you?”

“No! No, it wasn’t because of that…well, yeah. I’m sorry for lying to you, Baek.”

“But people who you didn’t even know were watching you today. Why am I different? Why would you feel embarrassed if I was here?”

“Because I’m sure that I wouldn’t have been able to do it right.” She said lacing her arms in her chest.

“You thought I would’ve distracted you?” I said raising a brow.

“Actually, yeah. If you would have been in the public, I wouldn’t have been able to concentrate because I would have been thinking about impress you and do it perfect. Obviously, that would have been a failure thanks to how nervous your presence makes me.” She said with a confidence that went fading and fading when she realized what she had said. Again came those rose cheeks and looking down to not meet my eyes.

I walked closer and closer to her but she kept walking backwards until her back ended up in the bridge’s railing. My arms grabbed the railing giving her no way to escape. Right there the drizzle transformed into a strong rain but none of us moved of our places.

“And why is that?”

She seemed to be thinking if she could tell me or not since I saw doubt in her eyes but that quickly changed as she looked directly at me with eyes full of determination.  

“Byun Baekhyun, do you know how nervous you make me? Did you know that I’ve loved you since we met? Yeah, you heard right. I’ve said it. I love you, Byun Baekhyun.”

Have I heard right? The words that I’ve longed so much to hear and dreamt were said by the woman I loved so much. This feels like a dream…a dream come true.

“I thought you thought of me as only a friend…” I felt her warm hands in my cheeks while she looked at me tenderly smiling. She looked like an angel. My guardian angel.

“I acted like that because I was worried that you would reject me and only want me was a friend.”

I took her delicate face in my hands and quickly without any doubts whatsoever…I kissed her. Kissed her as if my life depended on it. Those lips that I desired so much to taste were already in mine moving in a rhythm we both started. I could feel her arms circling my back. I broke the kiss and sighed.

“I love you, Jang Na Young. I love you.” I whispered in her ear making her shiver. Then I looked into her eyes smiling. Once again her cheeks dyed in red. Oh, how much do I like her blushing face. She looked so beautiful even if we were wet from the rain. I was the happiest man in the earth right now.

“I could repeat it again and again. I love you, Naty.” I said giving her tiny pecks in her lips.

“Hey! Love birds, come inside!” We both turned around and found one of Na Young’s friends; I think her name is Veronica. She was screaming because of the loud music. I noticed the festival had stopped and everyone was inside the restaurant.

Now it was my time to blush too now that we were discovered. I bet Na Young looks like a cute tomato right now. I took her warm hand in mine and entered.

“Baekhyun, I want to ask you a favor.” She said smiling. “Na Young was supposed to sleep in my house but I’ll have to stay late here and since you guys are soaked, I don’t want anyone to get sick. So, could you take her to your house? I know you’ll take good care of her…but I need her back tomorrow morning.”

“O-Okay, no problem.”

“Thank you so much, Bakehyun. I won’t tell anybody about what I saw.” She said winking at both of us while walking away.

I placed my arm in her shoulders while we walked in the rain to my car. I felt so happy after telling her after having that buried in me for so long. It felt so right to have her finally in my arms giving me whatever heat I could need in this cold rain.

I was more than soaked but I couldn’t wish to be anywhere else right now. 


Actually the "Kpop-concert" was real :) That was the best day of my whole life <3 *^*

If you want to watch the performances here are the links: 

Me and my friend's presentation of Hello Venus's Venus: (I'm the one with red shorts xDD) 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5Rzt7e1Bc0 

Naty's presentation of Brave Girls' Do You Know: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvatCcAnxZk

And it's a pity I couldn't find a video of my other friends' presentation of NU'EST's Face u.u It was awsome *^*

 

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this fic :3 

Please check the others out :D <3

A little gift here: