The Weatherman must be Fake

Rainy Season

 

The Weatherman must be Fake
A man wearing a brown suit, carrying a light brown briefcase, was currently waiting for a taxi as he was standing at the waiting shed. He looked at his watch and gritted his teeth, for it had been forty-five minutes since he have waited for a taxi to pass by. Unfortunately for him, taxis he saw were either hired, or on break. He wondered why he didn't buy a goddamn car for easier transportation, but wait, he didn't have money for that isn't he? He was just a measly assistant, or to him a dog, to one of the most bosses in the world. His pay was low, since he was only copying important documents and everything, including the things that everything that the higher ups make him buy during breaks. What was he? A ing maid? Did he have a paper in his back that says, "Hi! I'm a maid and a dog here, I kiss my boss' asses and you can order me around and everything." , he was not a freaking maid and a dog. His bosses can just go and themselves, and the people that order him around can just kill their selves. Now if money isn't a necessity he could just say that to them, no? He can't of course, because his bedridden mother is relying on him. There's also that fact that he can't mess this one up, knowing that if he did this would be the twentieth time that he would get fired. Yes, one more and it'll be twenty, a new record for him. He went to all sorts of job, but due to his temper and refusal to be told of what to do, he got fired. One was because he wasn't nice to customers, -he didn't smile, and he served in a bored tone-, two, he always speak back to his superiors, and lastly, he breaks a lot of things, -he's not suited for those jobs. But what they didn't know that he was always misunderstood, he was a simple being, but to them he was a complex one. He didn't smile because there was nothing to smile about; also, why should he ing smile like an idiot as if he's enjoying this job? Go to hell. The bored tone was his usual way of talking. He can sound happy and everything in his own self, but come out in the ears of the hearer as something different, monotonous, and boring. The man speaks back to his superiors/bosses because he didn't understand their instruction. He breaks a lot of things, albeit it was his own proof of trying his best to do the job, even if he hated it. He was Yong Junhyung, as simple as that. A man who is always misunderstood.
Junhyung clicked his tongue, when he saw another taxi passing him. Can't they see his hand raised there? Noooo, they're either blind or ignoring him. He sighed, looks like he would be taking the bus today. After all, he wouldn't want to be late for work now right? Oh wait, suddenly that late part sounded good today. He was just gonna be a maid there, so why hurry? They only need him for measly duties, nothing special. Junhyung puffed his cheeks. As much as it is tempting to do so he can't, for his low pay would pay for his mother's medicine and their food, rent, and bills. Besides, he promised his mother that he would work hard in this job, even if it means sacrificing everything, including his dreams.
Junhyung was what you call a dreamer, well that was a long time ago. Everybody had the luxury to do so, so he did. He dreamed, from when he was a child, up until now. But recalling his promise to his mom, he had to give it up. And with his current standing, he was in no position to act it so. 
Anyway, he walked up the hill where the bus stop is. He glanced at his watch, it read 8:27 am. , he need to hurry up or else. So he ran to the bus stop, and luckily, a bus stopped. He entered the bus, paid the fair, and shoved himself to the nearest seat, trying to catch his breath. Panting, he noticed that he received a message from someone, as his phone vibrated. Junhyung fished out his phone and read the message.
To: Moody Junhyung
From: Irritating and Idiotic Hongki
8:00 am
YAH! The boss needs you for something. He says it's urgent. If you don't get your here in 40 minutes you're dead. Kekeke~ I bet you did something wrong again.O: Tsk tsk, what would you do without me? =.=
---
Junhyung glared at his phone immediately, and texted back immediately out of anger. The bus is currently moving.
To: Irritating and Idiotic Hongki
From: Moody Junhyung
8:32
Tell him he can go to hell. I've been waiting for transportation for almost an hour. =__= I could just ring your inside and out when I'm with you. 
----
Junhyung smirked at the text he typed, truly Hongki make him angry every time, but he was one of the people that can bear his temper and moodiness. His phone vibrated, signalling a text. He bet that Hongki was slacking of again.
To: Moody Junhyung
From: Irritating and Idiotic Hongki
8:36
OMOOOOO~! You sure?! I will tell him so stop me! O:< YAH! How could you say that to your one and only bestfriend??! I'm here caring for you and you say that to me?! T^T I'll disown youuuuu!!!
---
God, his best friend is so melodramatic. He sighed in exasperation. The bus was stopping to get passengers. He was going to be late.
To: Irritating and Idiotic Hongki
From: Moody Junhyung
8:39
:|. Tell him I'm going to be late. Pabo, you're lucky your my best friend. Or else. 
--
To: Moody Junhyung
From: Irritating and Idiotic Hongki
8:44
Bah, told him already. You think I don't know you? kekekkee~. You should pay me or something. And I'm not a pabo!!D:<
Junhyung sighed again and put his phone back to his pocket. His boss was going to kill him, and hopefully, he won't get fired. He sat back, and closed his eyes. His way to work was going to take time.
---
The man's thoughts came true, his boss was mad, but not mad enough to fire him, thankfully. It seems like he had a mistake in photocopying the documents with another set. So he redo it again. He grumbled silently. Then his day was once again ruined by the people who were asking for his aid in buying their lunches. Honestly, if he could just flipped his middle finger and say " off", he already did ages ago. But still he did their orders, cursing them in his thoughts. He went back to his work, and his boss got angry at him again. Then the list goes on, things that would only anger him, to tempt him to quitting his job. God knows if he can, he would. 
Anyway, when it was the time to go home, Junhyung had the last straw. This was not his day at all. It was raining, and he hated the rain. He hated how the cold droplets would hit his skin and soaked his clothes, he hated when the water would enter his shoes, and lastly, he hated how he forgets to bring his umbrella everytime it rains. But all he thought of now is, the weatherman must be fake. He said it won't rain today. Or was it yesterday? He didn't know anymore.
So there he was, running, trying to find cover. He used his briefcase as a temporary plaster from the rain. He hurried up, for he was afraid that his suit would get wet. Not that it was not wet already though. He had only two suits, and he blamed it to the economy. He was just an assistant, but it was required in work. He scanned his surroundings quickly, , why didn't he bring an umbrella today? Then he saw a roof cover, acting as a shed. It was a closed shop, he read the name of the shop and proceeded to take cover. The shop's name was Yang Cafe. The roof was big enough for a few people, but Junhyung was thankful nobody was there. He needed his space, for he was too annoyed right now. He laid his briefcase down, and wore out his wet coat. Junhyung leaned at the wall, and stared at the meaningless rain. He scowled and clicked his tongue. Stupid rain.


It was already dark, for it was passed six. So he waited, waited till the rain would stop, so he can go home. It was quiet of course, except the sound of the rain, hitting the ground with it's droplets. Junhyung was starting to get sleepy. He started to doze off, until---


"It's so nice when it rains, don't you think?" 


He jumped slightly, startled by the sudden voice. The voice sounded new to him of course, but the sound of his voice rang sweetly to his ears. He turned his head to the side, to see the one who talked to him, only to find a cute, angelic boy smiling at him. Angelic in a way that his clothes were pure white, glowing  the cold dark night, including his smile. The boy was smaller than him, he had brown hair, pale skin, a small head with twinkling brown eyes, a cute button nose, and pink plump lips. Junhyung found his gesture pecuiliar, for nobody has ever smiled at him before, because they're afraid of the glares that Junhyung kept sending at them, albeit it was only his usual stare.   

Junhyung wondered if he should answer to this stranger's question or not, after all, there's that saying about no talking to strangers right? Besides, who in the world would talk to a man like him in his annoyed state? Usually people would ignore him, or avoid him. He took a quick glance if there's anybody there with them, but there was no one. The boy was waiting patiently for Junhyung to answer. Unable to resist the boy any longer, Junhyung curtly replied, "Not really. I hate it." He shrugged.

The boy pouted, and Junhyung secretly found it cute. Junhyung looked away, hoping that the boy won't talk to him any longer; he'll just be afraid like the others, though deep inside Junhyung hope that the conversation would still continue. 

"How could you hate it?! It's nice and comforting!" 

Junhyung glanced at the boy and raised his eyebrow. No he musn't get his hopes up. There's no way that boy would befriend him; so he decided to push it a little. 

The taller boy hummed and put his cold hands inside his pockets, in hopes that it would warm them. But his pants were slightly damp, so the gesture was pointless. The boy booed and puffed his cheeks, and turned to look at the rain, which Junhyung did before. 

There was silence after that, and Junhyung was immediately regretting his cold action earlier. But he knew no better not to assume or to expect, especially how his hopes have betrayed him before. But his thoughts became wrong when the boy suddenly broke the silence.

"Why do you hate the rain then," the brunette asked, still staring at the rain.

Junhyung felt something unfamiliar spreading on his chest, and it was foreign to him. He stared in disbelief when the boy talked to him again. He took a deep breath, and replied to the boy, "You get wet because of it; also it's annoying when it gets inside your shoes." 

The boy laughed, and Junhyung loved it in that instant. Laughter was foreign to him, no, people rarely laugh at him or with him actually. The boy turned to him, smiled, and uttered, "You know, that's why boots and umbrellas are made you know."

Junhyung felt his heart suddenly beating so fast. Is this because of trepidation? This was his first slightly successful conversation to another human being beside that irritating idiot after all.

"Or maybe you just usually forget to bring your umbrella everytime it rains?" The boy smirked, raising his eyebrow, as he teased Junhyung. This guy has guts, Junhyung thought.

Oddly enough, he was feeling comfortable, as if he had met this person before. Junhyung smiled a little, and said, "Blame it on the weatherman; what he said was fake."

"Are you sure he's the one who's wrong? Maybe you heard the forecast wrong. "

It was Junhyung's turn to laugh, but it was only a small one. The boy's smile grew wider. "Maybe. How would I know?" 

The boy grinned, and put his hands in defense. "Yah, I'm not the one watching; it's you." Junhyung rolled his eyes, failing to notice that the rain wa starting to stop. The boy extended his hand, and smiled warmly at him. He felt his heart beating so fast. 

"Yang Yoseob, and you?"

Junhyung took his hand gingerly, he tightened his hold to Yoseob's and Yoseob returning it too, symbolizing a pact of not betraying each other or turning each other's backs. 

"Yong Junhyung."


Yoseob grinned, showing his pearly white teeth to Junhyung. Junhyung blushed. The smaller boy looked at his surroundings and sensed that the rain would be stopping any minute now. He pulled his hand, and smiled again at Junhyung. 


"Oh well, I got to go now. The rain is stopping." 


Yoseob put his hood back on, and ran. Junhyung felt an empty feeling immediately. Then Yoseob stopped, and waved at Junhyung. Junhyung returned it slightly. 


"See you later, Junnie!"


The taller boy blushed, and Yoseob grinned. He went back to running away, his silloutte disappearing through the darkness. 


Junhyung smiled for the second time that day, and hoped that he would see that boy again. He walked away from the shed, his mouth mouthing some words that no one could ever hear except him. 

"Yang... Yoseob."
A/N: Can't edit it. Sorry for the few spaces. I typed this using the IPhone because the laptop I'm using broke. This iphone's not mine also so updates would be late. Sigh, if only the mobile app for livejournal is not limited to iPhone and ipad users only then I could update everyday. :/