Author's Note

Patient Zero: The Korean Pandemic

Dear readers of this story,

 

Thanks for sticking with my writing over the past couple of years. As time goes on, I can look back on my writing and realize that I’ve matured in my storytelling ability. This was written in my high school years, and I hope that, as a college student, I can write stories with more complex themes, and better, more meaningful prose. I’ve decided to stop updating this story and instead start a new one that is a spinoff of Patient Zero that still has the same heart and the same zombie plot line. Gone will be the excessive characters, flashbacks, and unnecessarily complex character development that was present in this first fiction attempt. I hope that as I move on, I can write a series that is more subtle in its development, richer and more authentic in its character traits, and most importantly, more entertaining and enthralling in its plot structure. 

 

Stephen King once wrote that fictional monsters, demons, and other horror tropes are actually created to soothe, not scare. The real horrors in life, King says, are too blinding to look at directly. So we create filters of zombies, of the macabre to shelter ourselves from the frightening prospects that can actually disrupt our lives. Rejection, the inevitability of death, the thought of failure— these are thoughts that create the real darkness. With my new horror story, I hope that I can write something of substance that does justice to the human experience, all while wrapping it in a zombie layer that makes it bearable to process. 

 

This story was written years ago, and the kpop landscape has changed considerably since then. To keep up with the times, I am refreshing the cast of characters with some of the mint debuts. Expect to see some BTS, Twice, and Exo in the coming series. 

 

Sincerely,

 

busanstar