A serious fight and a shocking surprise!!!

Sweet Child O' Mine

A/N: Hi everyone! How are you? I am here with another story of mine! Hope you enjoy it :DDD Before I start studying for my exams, I wanted to upload my stories so you can have something to enjoy in the meantime. Hope you like it! And look forward to the next chapters! Enjoy!!


“Why are you always doing this?” I screamed from the top of my lungs.

“I saw you talking to that idiot!”

“You’ll forbid me to talk to other people too? He is my colleague for Christ’s sake!”

“He eyed you like sweet candy so don’t pretend to be all innocent to me. You let him hit on you!”

“What the are you talking about?”

“I am telling the truth!”

“You have some kind of twisted imagination, you know that? You are my boyfriend. He is nothing to me, just a friend from work!”

“That’s how we call it nowadays? Because I call it something else!” I couldn’t stand it anymore. My anger and frustration urged me to do something that would ease my pain. I mastered all the strength I could get and I slapped Josh’s cheek. The sound of the slap was heard through the room that now was filled in silence. Josh put his hand onto his cheek and I took a step back, being disgusted by his presence. How could the man I love believe that I was cheating on him? Couldn’t he trust me? Did he actually think I was a who loved to play around while having someone to wait for me at home?

I wouldn’t accept someone to hurt my pride, that was something I wouldn’t tolerate even from my boyfriend. “Don’t even dare to imply something like that ever again.” I hissed and felt something watery roll on my face. I instinctively touched my skin and felt small teardrops stain my cheeks. I had started to cry without realizing it.

“No matter how much you deny the truth I know what’s happening.”

“You have to make love to me for two months, you haven’t touched me since forever! I know you have some problems with work, but what should I think? Maybe you are cheating on me!”

“What are you talking about?! I don’t flirt around at work, I actually work!”

“You are an obsessive ! You can’t trust your girlfriend-”

“When she does nothing to gain my trust then I am justified.” I just had it! With that line, I just had enough.

“Get out!” I yelled with all my might and he got shocked.

“What did you say?”

“Get out! Leave now! I don’t want to see you for now and maybe… forever!” he didn’t speak, he just took his trench coat and left out of the apartment, leaving me broken and crying onto the cold floor.


After some time of crying, I took my cell-phone from the bedside table and called the first person I knew that could comfort me. My best friend, Abby, knew how to support me and cheer me up when I needed her the most. She was always there for me and I loved her so much, she was like the sister I didn’t have.

“Abby?” my voice trembled as I called my best friend to console me.

“Dom? What’s wrong? Are you crying?” she asked anxiously and I couldn’t stop sobbing.

“I argued with Josh again.” I admitted and Abby cursed in the other end of the line.

“That stupid guy! What did he do again?”

“He thought I was cheating on him… again.”

“What? Why did he think of that?”

“Because he is stupid, that’s why!”

“What happened?”

“He saw Sam hugging me and he thought that I have an affair with him.”

“I told you this guy likes you.” Abby stated in a matter-of-factly tone and I wanted to come out of the phone and punch her.

“What are you talking about? Since when hugging someone means cheating?

“Josh is a very jealous person, he always looks for a reason to make a scene, you know that.”

“I can’t stand this anymore Abby. No matter how much I love him, I can’t bear this jealousy any longer.”

“Well, he never was my cup of tea, but at least he was the best of your choices among the ages.”

“Why does he do that to our relationship? Why does he have to ruin everything?” I couldn’t handle the pressure I was receiving. I felt such pain in my heart, a pain that was unbearable. I finally cracked and started sobbing again.

“Dom, please don’t cry. Everything is gonna be alright.”

“I told him to leave the house.” I announced her between my sobs.
“Maybe it’s for the best for now. Maybe that’s what you need, a little time alone so you can calm down.”

“I don’t know, I feel terrible…”

“You know what? I have an idea.” Abby announced and she managed to get my attention.

“What idea?”

“How about a ladies night? I can come over with tons of hard-core romance movies for both of us to cry and tons of cupcakes too, to eat while crying? How that sounds?”

“Hmmm, well… I want chocolate and caramel cupcakes. And maybe some muffins.” I finally said and she giggled.

“I will be there in a few.” And with that she terminated the call, leaving me smiling for the first time of the evening.


As she promised, Abby arrived at my apartment with a huge box with cupcakes and muffins and a bag with at least 10 movies to see. We sat in the living room and watched the movies the one after the other with me crying onto her shoulder and her patting my hair and eating cupcakes at the same time (don’t ask how she managed to do that).

 We sat all night and watched the movies till the dawn found us still lying onto the carpeted floor next to the sofa. It was refreshing to know that I had Abby by my side. My crazy best friend was the most proper person to have with me at this moment, when Josh was away. And the thing is that I wasn’t sure if I actually wanted him back or not…


Two weeks had passed since my fight with Josh and I had to admit that I felt calm after a lot time. Even though I missed him like hell, I couldn’t say that I missed his jealousy scenes and his overreactions as well. I felt calm and peaceful, but I felt like something was missing too.

My relationship with Josh was one of the best things that had happened to me in a long time. Three years ago, when I met him, I fell for him in an instant, his charming personality and good looks had helped for that. His care and love for me made me love him even more deeply and him a permanent part of my life. But almost four months now, right after my 25th birthday his behavior started to change. On the one hand he was overly jealous and on the other hand he ignored me and left me alone. I often felt neglected and he didn’t seem to notice. What had concurred to end up in this situation?

And now that we lived some time apart I felt rejuvenated but hurt. I felt calm but half. It was a weird mix of feelings, a small typhoon that lied within me. At least Abby had managed to lighten up my mood a little bit. We spend almost every day together, when we finished with work we went to the cinema or we spend the night at each other’s house, or we visited nice and small bistros or cute patisseries. Every of my days were a total surprise with my best friend managing to cheer me up every single time. And we haven’t talked with Josh since then.


Today it was a cupcake day so we would go to a cupcake store. We would meet there because Abby would come straight after work. And she had specifically told me to be super excited because she had a surprise for me. I was curious to learn what she wanted to tell me, I didn’t have a clue. I ordered a choco-caramel cupcake for me and and a red velvet cupcake for and waited for her arrival.

The moment she entered the cozy store Abby seemed flustered. She put her trench coat onto the coat hanger and rushed towards our table the minute she spotted me.

“Why are you so flustered Abby? What happened?” I asked and Abby puffed.

“I have something great to tell you.” She answered grinning like a Cheshire cat once again.

“What? Please tell me!” I asked her eagerly. Without answering, she reached for her bag and took two pieces of paper out of the side pocket.

The moment I laid eyes on the pieces of paper I recognized a familiar symbol, a symbol I knew too well...

“Is that…”

“Yes, these are two tickets for the Big Bang concert!” she announced and gave them to me.

“Why two though?”

“For you and me of course.”

“Oh I don’t know… I may not come… I…”

“Are you kidding me? We planned this since we first found out about Big Bang. And we have a chance to go to one of their concerts. And you tell me you don’t know?”

“Well, I am not at my best now as you already know…” I mentioned to her but she interrupted me.

“I think it would be a great opportunity for you to have some fun. Besides, I don’t think that your attendance at the concert will affect your relationship with Josh. Do you?”

“Well, I don’t think…”

“Ok, it’s decided then. We’ll go.” Abby announced and I smiled. I wasn’t totally convinced yet, but why not attending the concert? It would be a great way to take my mind off my problems for a little bit.

“Oh and did I forget to mention it? We have invitations for the after party as well.” She smirked at me mischievously and I was shocked by the revelation.

“How did you manage to get those?” I couldn’t accept the fact that she did find them until she showed them to me.

“The advantages of being a photographer.” She told me with pride and I giggled. With that new clue in mind, we would definitely go, no matter what.


A/N: So this is only the beginning! Not much action! But look forward to it! I have many surprises for you in store and I hope you'll enjoy them! Until the next chapter :D