Your Choice

Decline Or Answer

 

So after a year and three months you’ve called it quits. You say it’s because both of your lives were too different from each other. Your now ex-girlfriend says she doesn’t know why or what she did to make you leave her, but she wished she did, just so she could have you in her arms again.

Her words don’t make you think twice, though, or at least that’s what everyone else thinks. On the outside, you look like you could care less about her and how she wants you back, but inside, you’re regretting ever breaking up.

When your best friend asks you what really happened, you reply “She just wasn’t enough, Taeyeon.” Your friend just scoffs at you and says, “She was more than enough for you and you know it.  Maybe that’s why you left her. You were scared that she just might be the one you could spend your whole life with. Well, whatever the reason, I hope you can tell me what truly happened.”

All your other friends tell you things like:

“But you two were perfect for each other!”

“You guys were meant for each other, I thought both of you would get married for sure.”

“Such a shame you aren’t together anymore, you two made the perfect couple.”

Now you find yourself on your bed, your legs brought up to your head, covering your sobbing face. You’ve been this way for some time now and you’re not planning on stopping anytime soon. You’re thinking this whole break up over and you realize that you might’ve made the biggest mistake of your life, and that your best friend was right. You said your ex ‘just wasn’t enough’ but really, you were just scared.

“You were scared that she just might be the one you could spend your whole life with.”

It was true, you were afraid of the fact that she was the one. That she still is the one, and that scared you to the point where you didn’t want her in your life anymore.

She was the one who made you yell in laughter. The one who made you yell in anger. She was the one who made you heart flutter. The one who made your heart break a little when you thought you had no chance with her. She was the one who was always there for you.  The one who left you after a heated argument, but she came back didn’t she. She was the one who always made you smile. She’d do absolutely anything for you.

Then you think about what you might’ve been for her, what you hope you still are to her.

You were the one who made her feel like she was doing something right for once. You were the one who made her feel loved. You were the one she thought of first thing in the morning, you know that because of the good morning texts she’s sent you. You were the one she could go to for comfort. You were the one that mattered most in her life, the one she was proud of to call hers.

She loved you and you loved her, but you were scared, and now she probably doesn’t want anything to do with you. So you cry some more, you tell yourself that you deserved this. This is what you get for being afraid. For being a coward. You want to believe that you’ll find another, you really do, but you know that all you want is her.

An hour or two pass by and you hear your phone ring. You hesitantly pick up the electronic and when you see the caller ID, your tears pause for a moment.

Jessica

You have two choices: decline or answer. You realized that she was and is the one for you and that you were the same for her. You can either try and have her in your life again, or be scared and try finding someone else.

So what will you do?

Decline or Answer