Chapter 1

When Forever Comes

AN: Jeongmal mianheyo. This author is a pabo. I really thought I uploaded Chapter 1 the same time I posted the foreword a few days back. I didnt open AFF for 3 days and I was close to sobbing when I checked and I didn't see at least a comment. It turns out, I only saved it as draft. Mianheyo! So here's Chapter 1.

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Seohyun wasn’t the type to attend gatherings, especially weddings. If only it wasn’t her Yoona unnie who was getting married, she wouldn’t even bother. But she owed this much to her god sister and her god parents. Her Imo and Samchon took her in when her father and mother left for good. They have treated her as their own daughter and even provided for her studies even though she didn’t want to obligate them. She had promised since then that she’d do anything for this family, the only one that she has left. However, she had refused to be Yoona’s bridesmaid. As awkward as she felt, she put on the only formal dress that she owned, the same dress she wore on her college graduation and to her company’s acquaintance party thrown for them new hires when she started. She dabbed light make up on her face. Much as she hated it, she had to look presentable at least. With a little sigh, she left her apartment to hail a cab. She always took the bus but just this once, she decided she’ll ride a cab.

 

The church was full of people when she arrived. She noticed the stares but she didn’t care. Most of her godparents’ and unnie’s friends knew who she was but they never saw her much. When she graduated from college, she left their house and rented her own apartment near her office.

 

She was seated at the 2nd pew from the altar, just behind her uncle and aunt. If she would have had her way with the seat plan, she would have wanted to seat at the very back of the church, away from the crowd…but they said it was customary for a family member of the groom and bride to be seated near the altar.

 

She can’t help but gape at how her Yoona unnie looks beautiful in the white dress she was wearing and how she was looking at her groom with big loving eyes. Seohyun almost choked…but gave a genuine smile when Yoona passed by her pew during the processional. And the ceremony started.

 

She, of course, tried to pay attention to what the preacher was saying…but during the scripture reading…she felt sleepiness creeping in. She had worked till late last night and had to wake up early this morning for the wedding. She dozed off a few times and woke up from the loud claps and cheers from the crowd when the preacher announced Lee Jonghyun and Im Yoona as husband and wife. The cheers got louder when the couple shared their first kiss as husband and wife in front of families and friends. Aish Seohyun, how can you miss the exchanging of vows. She scolded herself.

 

They were at the reception, and people close to the groom and the bride are giving a toast to the newlyweds. It was such a joyous occasion. Except that she was seated around people whose names she has no idea.  She didn’t know anyone in there except her family who were busy accommodating other guests. Her unnie, together with her husband, were going around tables to check on their friends and  say their thanks.  When she thought that she stayed a decent amount of time “socializing” she decided it was time to go. She sat up and beelined to where Imo Chae Young was so she could say good bye at least. She was fiddling with something in her bag and didn’t notice the person walking in front of her.

Bump.

 

 

“Oh mianheyo. ” She heard the person she bumped into said. Bowing more than necessary, she didn’t even look at the person when she said “Kwenchanayo” and “Im sorry”. She bowed one last time and turned to her godparents’ directon.

 

 

AN: Inspiration for Seohyun's character is Kinsey Millhone from Sue Grafton's Alphabet Mystery. Who else here reads that series? Also..a little bit of Lee Seoyoung from MDSY. Let me know what you guys think of this.

And to make up for my little mistake, here are a few lines cut from Chapter 2:

 

 

“Oh Bread, of course. How can I forget your baby? You should have just brought him along with you. ” Her Yoona unnie pretended to be hurt.

 

“I can give you her number, but we’ll have to wait for a miracle if she replies to you. She barely even replies to me.”

 

“The husband?”

 

“No, the Baby.”