Final

Tinkerbell

Kyungri loved the story about Peter Pan. She wanted the man she was destined to be with to give her an adventure to a far away place.

She wanted to be Wendy. Even for a second.

"Ri, hurry up! You're making me late!" Kris,Kyungri's best friend, yelled from the living room.

"I'm coming, I'm coming! Geez, why are you hurrying me up anyways?" Kyungri said as she tugged her backpack over her shoulder.

"Because, i want to catch up to Hyemi. You know she always walks to school early,"Kris mentioned while he stuffed himself with Kyungri's breakfast.

"Hey! That's mine!"Kyungri snatched her plate from Kris' hands. They were always like this. Kyungri would always be there for Kris. Whenever he needed help on a test or when he needed girl help. Kyungri never wanted this job, but ever since they became best friends, she had no other choice.

"Let's go!"Kris smiled. He grabbed Kyungri's hand and ran out of her house. Why can't he be this happy when he's with me? she thought.

"Hyemi!"Kris waved at the petite girl in front of him. Hyemi turned and smiled at him. She then looked at Kyungri and Kris' hands. Kris realized where she was looking,so he let go of Kyungri's hands right away.

"Ow,Kris," Kyungri looked down and rubbed her wrist. she then looked up to see her best friend talking to Hyemi the whole time. ugh, why am i even here? i feel like a 3rd wheel or something, she thought as she continued walking, leaving Kris with Hyemi. She then arrived at school and met up with Suho, her other best friend. Mostly when Kris wasnt there, Suho would always be there for Kyungri.

"Suho~" Kyungri laughed as she poked Suho's cheek. Kyungri was usually the athletic type and wasn't the girly type. But to Suho, she was the exact opposite. He was an older brother to her. Since he's always there for her, he had seen her through everything.

"Ah,Kyungri-ah," Suho smiled and pinched Kyungri's cheek.

"How are you?"Kyungri asked as she put her backpack down.

"Good. Just studying for finals,"Suho sighed and smiled.

"Really? Me too. But sometimes Kris makes me watch Basketball with him, so I don't have time,"Kyungri sighed. The things she does for him. And he doesn't even acknowledge them. 

"Do you want me to help you?"Suho asked willingly. 

"Really,Oppa? You'll help me?"Kyungri smiled.

"Of course! Why wouldn't I?" Suho ruffled her hair.

"Omo, thank you,Oppa! You're the best!"Kyungri hugged him. Suho hugged back and sighed. Why can't you only look at me? Suho thought. Suho fell in love with Kyungri, even before Kris came into the picture. He knew she liked Kris, but didn't want to say anything because she would never admit it. So he kept his feelings hidden from her,so that she could be happy.

"So when do you want me to help you?"Suho asked.

"Hmm. Maybe after school? Kris is gonna hang out with Hyemi, so he won't be annoying me,"Kyungri thought.

"Arraseo! i'll meet you by the main gates, so that we can walk together,"Suho said as he got ready for class. 

"Thank you,Oppa!"She smiled and held his hand.

As soon as they converstaion was over, class began.

_________

School was finally over and Kyungri was walking out of her final class. She kept walking, but someone blocked her.

"Ri! Do you wanna hang out today? Hyemi has band practice,"Kris said and looked down.

"Sorry,Kris. But I'm studying fir my finals,"Kyungri told the tall guy in front of her.

"Oh. Well, maybe we could study together! i need to study too,"Kris sighed.

"I'm studying with Suho Oppa. Sorry again,"Kyungri explained and walked away to meet up with Suho. Kyungri saw Suho and ran up to him. Kris looked at the two walking away. Why do I feel uneasy? Kris thought and shrugged. 

_________

After that inccident with Kris, Kyungri started hanging out with Suho more. She laughed more, she smiled more and was more girly thatn she used to be. Kris, on the other hand, dated Hyemi but realized that she had to leave because of her military family and so they only became friends. Kris has been wanting to Kyungri, but since Kyungri's been hanging out with Suho lately, he's never gotten the chance. Until he saw her walking out of her class, he finally had the courage.

"Ri!"Kris yelled out. Kyungri turned and saw the guy she once liked, called her name.

"Hey Kris,"Kyungri smiled shyly.

"What happened to the basketball playing Kyungri that I've always known?"Kris joked.

"I decided to change things up a it,"Kyungri laughed awkwardly.

"So how's life?Kris asked seriously.

"Good, I've been getting good grades and hanging out with Suho Oppa, how about you?"Kyungri answered and ask Kris.

"It's been okay, so far. i just wished my best friend would still talk and hang out with me like we used to,"Kris confessed.

"Kris,"Kyungri sighed.

"Hey, it's fine. Just hang out with your precious Suho Oppa anyway,"Kris snapped. Kyungri slapped him. 

"Don't you ever speak that way about Suho. You know nothing about what he's done for me,"Kyungri said furiously.

"He can do something i can't?"Kris scoffed.

"At least he can give me love like you never did,"Kyungri turned away from kris.

"W-what do you mean?"Kris stuttered.

"Kris, remember how we would always read Peter Pan when we were little? You were Peter Pan and I was Tinkerbell. So when Hyemi came into the picture, i was always small to you. Now that Hyemi's gone, you come back to me? Ever since we were little, i've always loved you,Kris. But i knew you would never return your feelings because you would look at other people when i was there for you. it hurts to think that you would once love me, but now I moved on. I'm sorry, Kris,"Kyungri said as she had tears in her eyes.

"Kyungri, i love you too. i'm-"Kris said as he tried to hug her, but she cut him off.

"Kris. I'm dating Suho Oppa now. He loves me and i love him. we're happy. I'm happy. i have to go now,"Kyungri wiped her tears and walked away from the guy she once loved.

Once she left, Kris fell on his knees and cried. I'll never get her back, he thought.

You never know what you have until it's gone.