WELCOME HOME, BABY BOY!

LONDON BOY

 

“He’s back!” I mentally blurted.

I suddenly shot up from my seat to the surprise of the girls.  When I realized what I have done, I returned to my seat as if nothing happened. Their eyes didn’t leave me as I fiddled with the hem of my shirt.

He’s back!  He’s back!

I chanted inside my head. I just heard his voice from the corridor.  I wanted to run outside to see for myself but, I had to restrain myself. 

My heart started racing.  I can hear my own heartbeat.  My breathing became rugged.

Ottokae?  Ottokae?

I can’t concentrate on the discussion in front of me.  My invisible antenna is diverted to the muffled conversation outside.

It’s definitely him.  I can’t be mistaken.

Oh, God!  I really miss him.  I desperately want to see his face.

“Dara.”

Just a glimpse would suffice.

“Dara.”

A quick glance is all I need.

“Dara!”

“What?!”

“You’re spacing out.”  CL pointed out.

“Huh?” 

“See. I told you she’s in dreamland again.” Bom laughed sarcastically.

“Are you back from dreamland now?”  CL asked.  Disappointment was on her face.

“I’m not daydreaming.  I’m just-“

“Shut it, Krungy.  You’re busted already.” Bom giggled.

“Let’s focus, guys.  We’re behind schedule.  We have to finish brainstorming before proceeding to the MV shooting.”  CL’s strict voice silenced us.  The leader is on fire.

“Can I make a quick trip to the toilet?”  I asked in a small voice.

“NO!”  Everyone answered in chorus.

There goes my chance to peek outside.

DAMN!

I really wanted to see him.  It’s been weeks already.

I tried squeezing in some time to be with him but, I always failed.  We were both very busy.  I even invited him at DYLM party although I knew he wouldn’t come.  He wanted to be there but, YG told them not to come.

DOUBLE DAMN!

The conversation outside the conference room faded.  My heartbeat declined as well.

There goes my energy booster.  I just wanted to revive my tired body and soul.  Drinking in his presence could survive me another week of nonstop activities.

 

 

I checked on my twitter on our way to the MV shooting.  I smiled when I read his twitter update.

@IBGDRGN: London >>>>>>> Seoul

“Welcome home, Baby Boy.”

I really wanted to reply to his tweet.  I want him to know how I really miss him. 

If only I could…

“What are you looking at?”

Bom tried snatching the phone from my hand.  She always does that.  Sneaking on me every time I do something on my phone.

“I’m just checking my twitter.”  I tried to be as casual as I could.

“Then, why are you blushing?”

“I am not!”

Before I knew it, Bom already stole my phone.  A mischievous smile appeared on her lips.

“Lover boy is back!”  She announced to everybody.  Waving my phone here and there.

“Stop it, Bom.  You’re crazy.”

I finally got back my phone.

“Too bad, Santokki.  You can’t play with lover boy yet.  Our schedule is full.  You can’t even have a quickie.”

“BOM!”