Another Conversation

Another Conversation (Seq. of Our Conversation)

Japan, August 2013

 

Jonghyun suddenly woke up and sat on his bed, covered by thick blanket. He moved his head to the left and the right, examined his surroundings. He had a fever last night and his throat was sick. It’s definitely a bad situation for him, especially when CNBLUE has a tight schedule. He supposed to back to Korea two days ago along with his band mates. However, Yonghwa told him to have a rest at their dorm in Japan. He was wide awake that morning, knowing there’s nothing to do, and he then grabbed his iPad and turned it on. He’s looking for something about his girlfriend. He watched her through the news. His girlfriend just arrived at Gimpo airport along with her members. She looked stunning as usual with just a cream shirt and black skirt while eating a lollipop. But, it’s not about her clothes that made him concern, it’s about her face. She looked sad and pale, her eyes looked a bit swollen but she could cover it up with her makeup. Still, Jonghyun could see her sadness through her eyes. He remembered a sad yet sweet moment last night.

*flashback

It was late in the night when Jonghyun opened his eyes. He felt someone touched his forehead. He blinked his eyes several times because he saw a woman beside him, wearing a white t-shirt and baby blue skirt.

“Yoona?”, he asked a lady beside him with his hoarse voice.

The woman showed him a sweet smile, still touching his forehead. Jonghyun then lifted his upper body, tried to face her, he’s trying to look healthier actually. Jonghyun grabbed her hand, holding it tightly. “Why are you here?”

Yoona just smiled but her eyes reflected sadness and worry at the same time. Jonghyun could see her teary eyes. He released her hand and moved his right hand to the empty side beside him motioned her to join him on the bed. Yoona moved her body and sat on the bed beside Jonghyun. Jonghyun then shared his blanket with Yoona. “When did you come here? I thought you will be at your dorm tonight, celebrating SNSD 6th Anniversary”, He said while his right hand embraced her shoulder.

Yoona kept seeing on Jonghyun’s face. Her right hand was his hair gently. “I was but it’s over now”

“And why you are here now?”, he demanded an answer. They stuck in silence for a while.

 Instead of answering the question, Yoona caressed his cheeks, “You are sick. You have a fever”

Jonghyun knew Yoona’s worried about his health, that’s the answer for his question actually. But he can’t let her come to his dorm because she will be busy until the end of this month. And he can’t let her sick. Then Jonghyun cupped her face, examined those doe eyes. “Im Yoona, why are you here?”

Yoona held his hands. Her tears started to fall, it successfully made Jonghyun panic, “Oh My God! Why are you crying? Did something bad happen?”, then he hugged her tightly. Yoona leaned her chin on his left shoulder, “Because you are sick that’s why I’m here, because you’re sick that’s why I am crying”, she said while caressing his back. Jonghyun rubbed her back softly, trying to calm her down.

Honestly, Jonghyun was a bit surprised with her statement, but he already knew the reason. Yoona’s worried about him, that’s why she came here in the middle of the night, it made him feel guilty but Yoona sometimes can be a determined person, cannot be rejected. He knew her so well.

Jonghyun then broke the hug, wiping Yoona’s tears with his thumbs. “Please don’t cry. I’m ok now”

“You’re not ok! You are sick and your health is getting worse!”, She gave him a death glare, Jonghyun just showed his dimple smile. It made Yoona confused, she tapped his arm softly, “And why are you smiling?”

“You are cute when you are angry”, he said softly. Yoona slapped his body softly, “Who says I’m angry? I’m worried!”

“I know”, the tears kept falling down and Jonghyun’s thumbs didn’t stop wiping it.

“You..don’t know..How worried I am! You know..Hyunnie told me that Yongseobang said your health is getting worse!”, she said it hardly, sobbing, “I feel like I cannot do..anything to make you feel better”

Jonghyun smiled warmly and he kissed Yoona’s head while hugging her, he could smell her strawberry shampoo, “You’ve helped me a lot by loving me. Please stop crying, ok? I will drink the medicine after this”

Yoona nodded, wiping her tears with her palms, “But you have to eat something. I brought you a cup of porridge” She got up from the bed, prepared all the stuffs that she brought. A bowl of porridge is ready; she’s back to her position and fed Jonghyun.

“Be careful, it’s still hot”, she said while feeding him.

“Thank you”

Jonghyun finished it, Yoona immediately brought the medicine to him and he drank it. After that, both of them laid down on the bed, facing each other face. Jonghyun caressed her soft cheeks while Yoona hugging his waist. “You should get back to your dorm. It’s already late. You’ll leave early in the morning, right?”

Yoona shook her head and tightened her hug, “i still wanna be with you. You know I’m going to US and I’ll be missing you so much”

Jonghyun smiled sadly. He just remembered that SNSD will go to US on Sunday. It means he cannot meet her again for a few days or the worst, for a week. Besides, his schedule is so full until the end of this month.

“But you should rest. I don’t want you to be sick. Look at your eyes! Your dark circle is bigger than mine”, He playfully. Yoona laughed softly.

“But you’re still beautiful”, he added, made Yoona blushed. “Well, someone sent me a picture last night”

“Who? What picture?”, Yoona’s eyes suddenly opened curiously.

“A woman”

“Who’s that? You cheat on me?”, She said in jealous tone.

“A woman who sent me a picture of her new CF. This time is a lipstick CF, I wonder how’s the taste of her lips after putting it on”, he teased his girlfriend. Firstly, Yoona didn’t get it what he’s talking about but after a few minutes, she remembered she sent her new CF photo last night. She suddenly curved her lips.

“You want to know the taste?”, she said it seductively and suddenly Yoona pecked his lips while Jonghyun’s hugging her waist tightly. It made Jonghyun a bit startled.

“Ok next time it will be more intense, now I don’t want you to be infected by my virus”, he said shyly. Yoona just laughed softly while caressing Jonghyun’s eye bags.

“Sleep”

“No. You have to go home first”, Jonghyun’s insisted.

“I will after you sleep”

“Promise me?”, Jonghyun’s raising his eyebrow. Yoona nodded, “Should I sing for you so that you can sleep?”

“Can you?”

“Geudaewa hamkkeramyeonyo neomuna haengbokhangeollyo boinayo naui maeumi Together 365 maeil, geudaeman bomyeon naneun eojjeol jul molla neomuna tiga nage utge dwae eotteokhaeyo na geudae eobsin mossara My lovely J (My J – SNSD)”, she sang it softly. Jonghyun curved her lips, satisfied with her lullaby, but he couldn’t close his eyes.

“You haven’t slept yet?”, Yoona pouted , “I know my voice is not as soft as Taeyeon unnie”

“Ani. Your voice is heartwarming”, He leaned his head closer and kissed her nose.

Yoona smiled shyly after her boyfriend praised her.

“Sleep. And I’ll be leaving in 10 minutes. Good night”, she whispered. Jonghyun slowly closed his eyes when Yoona his hair. The reason why he loves her, Yoona always brings warmth, even when he’s just his hair. After ten minutes, Jonghyun entered his dreamland. Yoona kissed his left cheek, got up and covered his body until his chin, and left him peacefully on the bed.

 

Jonghyun then closed his eyes shortly, remembering what happened last night. He looked at the picture of his girlfriend on the news once again, putting his iPad on his lap. He grabbed his phone immediately, searching for Yoona’s number and sending her a message:

       “You looked so sad. Please smile, my love. You look even more beautiful when you smile. I’ll be back to Korea soon and I’m going to meet you again. I love you.

Yoona was receiving a message when she entered the van. She smiled widely and replied the message:

                  “I will. Get well soon, dear. I love you, too”