Chapter 1

A Prince and A Geek

You just enrolled in junior high school for your First Year. On the first day of school, and you were already bullied by these few kids because you are very timid and unfriendly. You rarely talk. You’re alone. Have no friends. They even called you “geek”. You really thought that a day won’t go by without you being bullied by other students.

One fine day, as you were walking to your home from your school, beside the soccer field and suddenly someone kicked the ball too hard and the ball flung towards your direction. You closed your eyes, as you’re all ready for getting hit. You didn’t scream because you’re too shocked. Suddenly, someone caught the ball before the ball landed on your face.

Slowly, you opened your eyes. A well-known figure was there. It’s Jong Hyun sunbae. You murmured alone. He was holding the ball above you. He slightly smiled.

            “You, be careful next time.” He said.

            “Sunbae, thank you!”                                                                                    

            “No problem at all”

You bowed several times. Jong Hyun sunbae is the most popular guy in your school. He is a Prince of School. He’s perfect. Genius. Good in sports. Handsome. Rich. He has no flaws. Everyone wants to be friends with him. On Valentine’s Day his locker will be overloaded with chocolates given by female students that crazy over him. Everyone wants to date with him. But, surprisingly, he’s not a type of guy who loves to date any girl. He doesn’t even have girlfriend. He’s not a playboy in short.

One day, you had to stay after school because it was your group's turn to clean up. While cleaning, the student who keeps bully you purposely spilled the dirty water in the pail they used to clean their mops all over your school uniform. You walk home from school feeling unlucky. It was very late and the soccer players had done playing and gone home. Well, most of them. Walking with your head down, you were feeling very depressed. You glanced at the empty soccer field, slightly curious of the sight of Jong Hyun, who saved you yesterday. Without another thought, you stared at the ground again and kept on walking in agony when you saw a pair of soccer shoes in front of you.

You widened your eyes and looked up to see Jong Hyun, standing there with his soccer clothes on. On his hand is his school shirt.

            “Go change. It’s inappropriate for a girl to wear a wet school uniform". He handed his white school shirt to you. You were still puzzled by his actions. He placed it on your hand and ran off. You felt your heart racing for the first time. You glanced at the school uniform and from that moment, and you thought, school wouldn’t be bad now. You smiled happily.

Since then, you couldn’t keep your eyes off Jong Hyun. You washed his school uniform and draw a red heart on his second button because that button is the closest to his heart. You then secretly returned the shirt during his soccer practice. You also keep give him medicine as he injured for many times while playing soccer. You also give him sticky notes that you write supportive word on it.

Two years have passed and it’s his final year in school. You planned to confess to him on the day of his soccer match. You sat in the bleachers with a racing heart. Before the match, you have left an energy drink with a towel and a note that says "Lee Jong Hyun sunbae, I know you can do it! I will cheer for you. Fighting sunbae!”

During breaks, you see him using your towel and you felt very happy. After the nerve wrecking match, Jong Hyun finally scored and won the match! Everybody cheered on as Jong Hyun managed to uphold the school's reputation once more with another winning match. You were hoping to meet Jong Hyun after the match beside the soccer field but then u saw a girl confessing to Jong Hyun. He rejected her.

For some reason, you were neither happy nor relieved; you were sad and scared instead. Afraid of being rejected, you ran and forget it ever happened. The thought of rejection had haunts you until his graduation day. After this, you will never get a chance to confess to him. You thought "What am I kidding; I’m just another typical girl to him. If I confessed, it doesn’t make a difference. I’m a geek; I will never be with prince”

 One day during recess, you overheard some girls talking to each other about Lee Jong Hyun.

            “Did you know Kang Hana unnie confessed to Jong Hyun oppa after his soccer match?”

            “Really? I don’t know.”

            “Yeah, and guess what. Jong Hyun oppa rejected her”

            “Jinjja? Kang Hana is the goddess of school. Why?”

            “I don’t know….but Jong Hyun didn’t accept Kang Hana’s gift as well.”

            “Jinjjayo?!”

            “Yeah, Kang Hana gave him a super expensive soccer jersey and shoes. But he rejected it”

            “Aissh oppa’s standard must be really high…….”

            “I’m sure his secret admirers feel down right now. He even rejected the goddess of school”

            “But, did you realized on soccer match day, someone left towel and energy drink for oppa?”

            “Yeah, and?”

            “Jong Hyun oppa used it. I don’t know why, but I think Jong Hyun oppa know who is she.”

            “Yeah. So true. Ahh whoever she is, she is very lucky!”

As soon as you heard the conversation, your heart raced and you can feel a pretty rainbow in your heart. You couldn’t stop from feeling so happy. After class finished, you searched for him in his class and the soccer field and the stadium but you can’t find him. Feeling very sad, you walk back home hopelessly and you saw him at the soccer field finally. You rushed towards him, he was about to leave.

Jong Hyun saw you, you were panting, gasping for air. Finally, when you’re able to speak, you said,

 "Sunbae, I’m not sure if you still remember me. We met here at the exact same place before….and…. it's not important….might not really be important right now to you but....I have something to tell you before you left this school....sunbae, I like you. I like you since the day you borrowed me your school uniform. I have liked you since then. I know it’s too daring of me of to say this and this might be too late but if I don’t say this now, I don’t think I will ever have a chance to say it ever. Yeah, since you will leave this school"

Jong Hyun stood there looking at you. You held your skirt tight, putting everything on the line, your pride, your feelings and the possibility of getting rejected. Jong Hyun didn’t say even one word. He just was looking at you. Maybe he was very confused. You thought of yourself.

            “Aeyoung”

Suddenly, he called out your name when you were about to leave. You were shocked. How did he know your name, you questioned. You turn back. He asked for your hand. You take out your hand and he holds your hand, putting your hands on his button, where you drew a red heart there.

            At the moment you thought you’re being rejected, you said;

            “I knew this would be happened. Why did I think I have a chance with you? But, it’s okay sunbae, you can reject me without feeling any guilt. I, finally confessed to you. I have no regrets. Thank you for become my hero twice.” You smiled bitterly.

Jong Hyun chuckled. You glanced at him as he said;

            “I like you since I saved the ball from hitting you. From that day, I have always been watching you from far. I’m dying every day seeing you get bullied. Seeing you be alone at school. Seeing you cry in class. I wish I can be with you every moment. I wish I have courage to tell you that I like you. Even though people call you a geek, but for me; you’re the most prettiest and pure girl. I like you too.”

You look at him as he scratched the back of his neck shyly and smiled at you. You smiled shyly. You look at him with teary eyes. Never thought Prince of School has been watching you for all this while. You were so happy you couldn’t stop yourself from smiling.

Jong Hyun, at that moment couldn’t hold it anymore and said "Ah ~ if you don’t believe me….” he kisses you right away. You were shocked. It was very beautiful moment for you. The kiss was very soft and sweet. After some time, he pulled his lips from yours.

            “Sunbae…” before you complete your sentence, he kissed you forehead.

            “Call me oppa after this”

            “Sunbae”

            “No, oppa”

You can’t even describe your feeling at that time. You were too happy to the maximum level.

            “’Arraso ~ oppa ~”

            “That’s my girl. From now on, you’re mine.”

You stared at his eyes. He grinned. You laughed.

            “Thank you for those sticky notes and medicine too” he said.

            “How did you know?”

            “As I said earlier, I have been watching you. That’s become my daily routine since the day you stole my heart.”

You hugged him as soon as he finished his sentence. Today was very beautiful. The day when a Prince fall in love with a geek.

            “I promise, I will forever loving you. Be with me, forever.” He said. You nodded and another kiss landed on your lips.

______________________________________________________________________________________

 

Hi guys! I'm here for one-shot fanfics! Just thought of it an hour ago after get an inspiration from Playful Kiss and some of fanfics I've read. Thanks :))

I really love Lee Jong Hyun he he he so he's the main character again :)

I'm quite busy these days. I cant even continue my fanfics "Lucky I'm in Love with My Bestfriend"

I really hope I can continue it as soon as possible.

Wait for it patiently! ^^

Do subscribe me :)