Sorry About the Chicken.

Chicken Wing Love ♡

Chapter 1; Sorry About the Chicken.
Most people get excited about parties. Most people text their friends asking if they're going, and most people text back yes. Most people wear their hottest outfit that's just on the borderline of being ty, and most people mask their face in makeup in hopes of a flirtationship. Most people do not sit upstairs with the party-thrower's mom while eating chicken wings.

"This chicken is amazing, Ms. Lui." Jinri said, picking at the meatless bone with her teeth. When satisfied that there was no more meat whatsoever left to chow, she added it to the growing pile on the paper plate in front of her.

"Why thank you Jinri!" Ms. Lui replied, back turned to the high schooler while washing the dishes in front of her. Jinri reached for more chicken and Ms. Lui asked, "Is there a reason you're not with the other kids downstairs?"

Jinri laughed and answered, "I was just hungry, and to be honest, parties aren't really my thing." Ms. Lui nodded in understanding while Jinri finished off her fifth wing. She was reaching for yet another when someone came up behind her and snatched it.

"My God Jinri, how many have you had?" Amber, her best friend, asked laughing. It was Amber's birthday and she was dressed in her usual get-up: skinny jeans, t-shirt, and snapback. "Not enough!" Jinri replied, trying again for the meaty prize on the plate in front of her.

"Amber, I cook these for friends but no one want so I let Jinri have." Ms. Lui turned and said in broken English to Amber. English was only one of the many languages the Lui's were at least conversationally fluent in and they liked to practice at the most random times their language skills.

"Sorry mom." Amber apologized about her friend's lack appetite. The real party was going on downstairs in the giant finished basement, where there was music blasting and a bunch of high schoolers twerking up on eachother. The idea of grinding against a stranger didn't appeal to Jinri at all, so she had decided to visit Ms. Lui (and the fully stocked kitchen) upstairs.

"Oh no, it's fine honey!" Ms. Lui replied to her daughter, this time in Chinese. She waved her hand and said, "Have fun, party." Ms. Lui was probably one of the most laid back moms Jinri knew and she admired her for it. Amber and her brother, Tao, were allowed to have parties almost whenever they wanted as long as the cleaned up and didn't do anything illegal.

"Sulli, do you want to come downstairs with me? You seem so...um, lonely sitting up here with my mom." Amber laughed, pointing at Jinri and her still growing pile of eaten-off bones. Sulli looked down at her plate and replied, "Yeah, I'll come down right after I'm done with this wing." Amber laughed, gave a quick "Okay!" and went back downstairs.

"Tell your friends that there's food if they want any!" Ms. Lui called after her daughter, before returning to her dishes. Thirty seconds later the doorbell rang and, hands covered in soap bubbles, politely asked Sulli to answer it.

"Alright Ms. Lui!" Jinri replied happily, chicken in hand. She walked to the front door quickly, and didn't bother looking out the peephole before taking a bit of her chicken, twisting the handle and revealing the god behind it.

"Hi." The tall extremely hot stranger said, smiling at the now withering girl. "H-hi." Jinri replied, quickly dropping her chicken from and stepping out of the doorway. The y stranger stepped in and said to the beet-red girl holding the door handle "I'm Chanyeol. Nice to meet you!" before holding out his hand to shake her's. Sulli stared at his hand, before replying, "I-I'm...Jinri?"

She shook her head at his hand and said, "I'd shake your hand but um..." she held her meat-holding hand up and giggled nervously. Chanyeol looked at her hand and laughed. "It's fine, Jinri." The way he said her name made Sulli melt a little. "Yeah, um...sorry about the chicken." Sulli laughed and closed the door.

"The partie's downstairs." Sulli said quickly, pointing to the stairwell and nodding. "Oh, thanks!" Chanyeol said friendily, before turning in the direction she pointed and heading down the stairs. Jinri stared after him, in awe of his beauty. She took a bite of her chicken, and turned back to the kitchen to finish her meal. 

"Hey Jinri, are you coming?"

Jinri's eyes widened and she turned to look at the tall man who had called her. His curious and innocent expression made her heart melt just a little bit more and she heard herself stutter, "U-um, yeah!" while staring into his huge dark eyes.

He laughed happily and together, chicken in tow, the went down to the party.