An Issue in the Dorm

Issues

 

It goes on and on and on, and on and on and on. And on and on and on and on until Kyuhyun throws the game controller at the floor, says something along the lines of “can’t deal with this anymore”, and leaves the living room, inevitably giving up and going to sleep willingly without being threatened with a bat for the first time since he joined the band.

 

Sungmin does the smart thing – clever man he is, that one – and prepares headphones beforehand so neither he nor Donghae knows who's listening and who's speaking. 

 

Donghee covers his head with a pillow and repeats the same two words over and over again, hoping Donghae would somehow get the message despite the boy's interminable string of words that seem to fall out at every second of every minute. It doesn't work. Donghee has no choice but to leave the room and crash in Sungmin’s.

 

Siwon is already up and refreshed, just having finished a peaceful jog around the neighborhood. He drinks down a water bottle, but soon slithers away back outside when he spots Donghae's lurking shadow in the hallway. 

 

Ryeowook is woken up at first, groans when it's Donghae again, and sort of slaps himself hard for not locking the door. He pretends he's got business in the bathroom and hurriedly shuts himself in there before Donghae can find a way to crawl in. 

 

Youngwoon's door has been locked, shut, and completely closed off because the oldest in the dorm has the most experience and will never make a mistake eight times. 

 

He finally ends up in Hyukjae's room and continues on with his story that no one has fully listened to and keeps going on and on and on, and on and on and on. He talks to the back of Hyukjae's pink head, loud and almost fast, like raindrops pit pattering on an air conditioner. 

 

The boy has a way to animate while speaking, and he does just so, sometimes having to hit Hyukjae's head, but he apologizes, always does, before he goes on to the next scene of his story. He doesn’t make it to the best part when Hyukjae manages to flip over and press a soft kiss against the younger's lips and whisper a "good morning, Donghae". 

 

It becomes a first in the dorm when Donghae finally shuts his mouth and the boys presume Ryeowook to be dead in the bathtub.