Behind The Making of MV

BTS The Classic - Making MV

“Can we have a proper rest for a while? A quarter of an hour or so?” asked Eric after they filmed their choreography of This Love for about the tenth time in a row in the same background and costume.

“Yeeessshhh, director-nim. A rest, phleashe,” whined Junjin while making puppy face. Ouch, he was the best at it.

“Okay, it’s been a while since we had break, though. Break fifteen minutes!” commanded the director. Soon, the crew spread around the location. The mechanist took care of their own tools, makeup artist came near their own responsibilities and did some retouch. The director and assistants discussed about the next take. The point was, everybody immediately took care of their own business.

And Shinhwa did too. Dongwan immediately ran to his phone that had been ringing for a while, it’s from the director of his new drama, asking the date to hold the first script reading while Dongwan himself had no idea when all of this album stuff was going to be over. Minwoo came near the director and joined the discussion about the concept of the music video. Junjin quickly left for the snack booth and gulped a lot of water, he was one of the member who needs plenty of water. Andy actually asked Hyesung to go to the snack booth together since he was the only member left, Eric was the one who left at the very first place. Hyesung carefully refused, saying that he was still full and by that, Andy bid his good bye and left.

The reason he refused was because this situation was weird. Eric had never been the one who asked for break. Never in fifteen years. And once the director give them break, he walked as fast as possible to the edge of the platform they used as the background stage of the video, sat there while he was saying something to the staff and not long after that, an assistant came and did something with his right shoulder. Something wasn’t right.

By the curiosity in his mind, Hyesung slowly made his way to Eric whose hand was sneaking inside his clothed right shoulder, sticking a palm sized plaster he got from the staff just now.

“What are you doing?” asked the younger man as he was walking down the platform, and stood up in front of the figure he was talking to. He could see from the corner of his eyes a cameraman came near them. Oh, you didn’t know how they are very good at catching precious moment.

“What? I was just wiping sweat.” Eric answered simply and took out his hand at the same time. Hyesung absolutely sure that rapper suppressed a winced just now.

“Right, wiping sweat,” said the singer sarcastically and quickly snatched the older man’s hand, showed it to the owner that it was dry, no sign of sweat at all. “Tell me, what is it? While the members not here. I know something’s wrong with your shoulder.”

Eric sighed a little. “I think I sprained it.”

Hyesung’s eyes widen in shock and his left hand moved slowly toward Eric’s shoulder and touched it softly, the singer swore the owner of the shoulder flinched. “Sorry,” mumbled the younger. Didn’t want to make it even more hurt, Hyesung let go of it after caressing it for a while.

“It’s okay, it’s not that bad and the staff gave me a plaster earlier,” explained Eric while feeling guilty inside. He shouldn’t have told Hyesung, it’s obvious that Hyesung was worried as hell from the glint of his eyes. Or even more, he shouldn’t have gotten hurt at all. Why now? Why now when they were filming the music video while they danced for like a thousand times already since the first time they practiced and he was okay all of those time.

When Eric snapped out of his daydream and looked up, he found the main singer looking at him with ‘shouldn’t I tell the members?’ look.

The older man immediately gave him a death-glare and unconsciously shook his head a little. “Don’t you dare, Jung Pilgyo,” he warned in a serious tone.

Hyesung sighed and showed his whining face. “But, are you going to be okay? The dance needs so much pressure, and I don’t think it’s good for your situation right now.” Sure, he was worried as hell.

“I’m fine. The members will lose their focus once they knew one of the member got hurt, moreover, if their worry got too much to handle, today’s filming might be canceled and all of what we’ve done will be useless. Just a little more, and it’ll be over, I’m fine, Hyesung-ah,” said Eric in a calm tone, trying to convince that he’s better. He said that he was fine, because he was. The plaster started its magic already and it did reduce the pain, and knowing how much Hyesung worried about him, pretty much made his will to get well become stronger.

“Just don’t push yourself, Eric-ah. Don’t. You. Ever. Push. Yourself. Or. I. Will. Obviously. Kill. You,” warned Hyesung in a dangerous tone.

Seemed like the other members was already done with whatever they were doing because one by one they came back to the platform, and some make-up artist and stylist approached him and the leader, did some retouch of make up here and there, fixed their costumes here and there. “The members are coming,” whispered the singer and got a slight nod from Eric.

The leader took a deep breath and swung his shoulder to ease the pain because he knew the filming would start again soon.

“Hyesung-ah, you’re addicted, right? To my melody. Every night, my melody will be ringing in your head,” said Dongwan who was approaching the leader and main singer.

Hyesung chuckled a little, trying to look normal. He remembered Dongwan randomly made a song for him in between their preparation of the music video. Once, the main singer protested to Dongwan how his random-song kept ringing inside his mind. “That’s right. You compose the title song for my next solo,” joked him.

“Sure,” answered Dongwan, joining the joke.

“The title is Saranghaetguna. No, let’s make it short, Guna,” suggested Hyesung, as if they were really going to make it.

Saranghaetguman~” Instead of giving any respond to Hyesung’s idea, Dongwan started singing his random song and playing with the lyric, changed it actually.

Since Eric was not the one who usually stayed quiet, and he didn’t want to be suspicious. He tried to join the joke. “Try saranghaetgumeonyu,” asked the leader weakly. Luckily, Dongwan obeyed it and sang his random song again with the new lyric Eric gave.

Saranghaetdangge,” asked Minwoo this time. And again, Dongwan obeyed and sang his random song again with the lyric from Minwoo. Basically, Dongwan did everything he was asked to.

Dongwan eventually made his way to the center of the platform, followed by Minwoo. While Junjin and Andy already there for quiet sometimes ago.

“Everybody’s here. Let’s go,” invited Hyesung as he offered his hand to help Eric stand up.

The older man accepted silently and both of them were going to the center of platform when Eric suddenly turned himself to the camera. “Did you record all of this?” he asked to the cameraman. And the cameraman simply nodded. “Can you cut it? Or at least don’t publish it? I don’t want the fans to know that I got hurt, it will make them worried,” he explained. And unconsciously Hyesung nodded in agreement.

Fortunately, the cameraman nodded in approval.

By that, Eric and Hyesung approached the others. The younger man whispered ‘be strong’ to the rapper while they were on the way there.

Once, they got pretty near to the members, Eric stopped and hugged the singer abruptly, made some laughter from everyone in the studio. Hyesung automatically squealed and said ‘ya!’ not so loud but apparently, people’s attention wasn’t at them anymore but at Dongwan who was making choreography to his random song and tried it at that time.

As usual, the rapper casually swung both of them as the singer checked if any cameramen shot them. But there was none, all of them were busy shooting Dongwan with his brand new random song and choreography. Hesitantly, Hyesung wrapped his arms slightly on the leader’s waist and followed the swing.

Duryeowoma, nae son jaba, naega neol jikyeojulke..” Hyesung sang softly to in a low volume so that no other would know it, and earned a smile from Eric.

 

 

Don’t be afraid, hold my hand, I’ll protect you..

 


……I tried to make it as real as themselves but I don’t know whether I made it or not *le me crying out loud*

I’m failed again, aren’t I? Hiks.

I saw how Eric swung his shoulder and I feel like there’s something not right with it, moreover, his voice was reaaally weak when he was joking with Dongwan about that song, so I think this kind of think might actually happened this idea hit me.

And again, no, this scene didn’t really happen. Actually, I don’t know if maybe this story is real but as he promised, the cameramen didn’t published the footage (...mindblown, again).

But please don’t believe this as a real moment even though I hope it is, because this is purely a fiction of mine.

Again and again, it’s boring and lame, I know, hiks.

P.S.: The translation I wrote is from Shinhwa Forever Subs! And the video I used to make the collage is subbed by Shinhwa Forever Subs too! Thank you for all your hard work, SFSubs team! ^^

Mind to let me know what you think about this by leaving any comment? ^^

Again, I’m sorry for any spelling and grammar mistakes because English is not my native language. Thanks for reading! ^^

P.P.S.: Thank you for all responses for my earlier Ricsyung fanfic, BTS The Classic – Recording, I didn’t think it will get so that amount of supports. Thank youu, I love you, guuys! ^^