Sleepless Night

Sleepless Nights

“Oppa?” Jiyong looked up at the soft voice on the other side of the door. He wasn’t sure if he had heard it, or if he was dreaming still. Long days, and not enough sleep were taking their toll, and he was excited to finally be able to rest for at least a day. That was until there was a knock and another soft “Oppa?” calling for his attention.  With a small groan he stood and made his way to the door, looking through the peephole before unlocking and opening the heavy wood. “Chaerin? You okay kitten?” He asked, stepping aside and letting her in.

“Yeah... sorry to bother you, I just... I couldn’t sleep.” Chaerin answered, fingers running through her long blonde hair.   Jiyong nodded and moved over to the king sized bed, sitting on the edge of it and patting the sheets beside him.

“So come talk to me then, I probably won’t be sleeping much tonight either.” He said with a shrug, sliding his hand around her lower back when she came to sit by him. He pulled her close, her head falling on his shoulder as she leaned into him. He loved moments like this. They were better than sleep. And when Big Bang and 2en1 were on tour together, they happened relatively often, and that was just fine by him. 

Chaerin sighed, wrapping her arms around Jiyong’s waist and pulling her legs up onto the bed. “I think I did horribly tonight.” She admitted, voice soft and breath ghosting against the others skin.

“Why on earth would you think that kitten?” Jiyong purred, fingers gliding over her back trying to soothe her. “Everything went off with out a hitch, your voice was amazing, you all had good banter, what could have you thinking like that?”

“I don’t know.” Chaerin whined falling back on the mattress. “I just kind of feel like I was off my game.” She said, covering her face with her hands and peeking out at the older man through her fingers.  She watched him turn and crawl over her, elbow resting beside her head as his other hand came to remove hers from her face.

Jiyong leaned down, kissing over Chaerin’s shoulder. “You weren’t, but if you feel that way, there’s always tomorrow. The next show will be fine, just don’t let it drag you down baby.” He said, lips continuing to move over the others skin. Chaerin sighed and brought her hand to the back of his head, carding her fingers through his blonde locks.  

“I know oppa, you always say that.” She said sofly and closed her eyes.  Jiyong sat up and looked down at the girl beside him. He had so much faith in her, even when she didn’t. And it was the same reversed. She was always there for him, the first person to make him feel better when he had had a rough night. The first person to tell him that the next show would be better, and he would believe her every time.

“Come here Chaerin.” He said sitting up and carefully wrapping her in his arms as he moved her to lay correctly on the bed. Rolling her over he slid his arms around her waist, chin resting on her shoulder as he spoke in her ear. “I say it because it’s true. Tomorrow will be better, today was fantastic, but if you doubt it, then tomorrow will be superior. And you know it will, because you’ll make it that way.  And that’s what I love about you kitten.”

Chaerin’s lips pulled into a small smile as she listened to Jiyong.  Relaxing finally she twisted her fingers with his, holding his to her stomach.  She scooted her back into his chest, closing her eyes and breathing softly. “I always sleep better like this.” She said softly, fingers pulsing over Jiyong’s skin.

“Me too.”  Jiyong murmured already starting to fall asleep. “I’m glad you came over kitten.” He added, kissing the back of her neck lightly.  Chaerin snuggled close to Jiyong, listening as his breathing evened out as he fell asleep. “Good night oppa.” She whispered, allowing herself to drift off wrapped safely in the others arms, no longer concerned about what went right or wrong earlier in the night, because everything, for the moment, was right.