Rum Pum Pum Pum

Pink Tape

  Five girls sat on stools against the wall. First was Victoria. She looked like Auguste Rodin's 'The Thinker,' only more femine. Next was Luna, who managed to sit criss cross in the small stool. She looked like majority of teenagers; bored, uncaring, but slightly playful. Krystal, who was next to Luna, sat with her back straight and legs crossed. She didn't flinch, didn't make any small movements other than blinking and breathing. When she did move, it was nothing other than suave. Krystal always looked like she had some kind of secret, or some kind of game she was trying to play with you. 

 Three seats over sat Sulli. Sulli was timid, and her posture showed it. Her knees were pointed inward and her hands fell into her lap. Sulli hid behind big sunglesses and and a cap, which only brought more attention to her, but she'd suffer for what she thinks is cute. Amber's leg sat lazily in Sulli's lap. Amber looked down, like she was lost in idle thoughts, nothing too serious. Her hands were also in her lap, but it was less of a timid thing than Sulli. 

 These five girls had been friends since the very start- all of their mothers grew up together, and planned their pregnancies at the same time, which made their birthdays only months apart, in some cases weeks. 

 In the third grade, Luna had ran up to the girls after school let out and sat next to Victoria. Their stances were similar to the previously stated ones, and they always stayed in the same order. 

  Luna, with a chipper voice said, "Guys let's make up a name for our group!" The girls looked around questioningly. "Name?" Victoria asked calmly. "Yeah, like you know how girl groups have names... We could have one too, it'd be fun." 

  The girls shouted out names like they were playing bingo, each one an unwinning card until it came to Krystal. "How about f(x)?" 

"f(x)..." Victoria repeated nodding. 

"What does that mean?" Sulli leaned over to look at Krystal. "I dunno. I saw it in my sisters math homework?" 

Amber scrunched up her nose, pushing her at-the-time long hair behind her ears. "Math? Sounds gross."

"But it sounds cool, right? Like I doubt anyone even know it's something from Math. I didn't know." Krystal said. 

 

 

  They eventually agreed to call themselves f(x).