Gift

Bittersweet

 

 
 
 
 
 
Jiyong was in his studio working on a new song when he heard knocks on the door. Before he could reply, the door opened. 
 
"Jiyongie!" Dara went in excitedly. She went near Jiyong and gave him a hug. 
 
"Oh Dee how was you trip to the US?" They pulled out from the hug and sat on the couch facing each other. 
 
Dara beamed and told him her adventures in the US. She was talking animatedly and he would chuckle every now and then at her perkiness. 
 
"...so I bought a lot of stuff. I have stuff for all of you guys but the other boys were kidnapped by the girls so I'll give yours first."
 
She got a small paper bag from her bag and gave it to him. "Here. I know you've been wanting this so I asked Ben oppa for a small favor." (a/n: Benballer, GD's friend. He makes custom jewelry and is based in LA)
 
"Wow! This is dope. But Dee you didn't have to do this." He was holding the box that contained a customized Rolex watch. 
 
Dara asked Ben to put the number 8 on the face of the watch, just like the photo he uploaded as a teaser for his new album. She also had the rim of the watch encrusted with diamonds. 
 
"Nonsense. Just say thank you and promise me that you'll wear it okay?"
 
"Okay okay. Thank you Dee. Thank you so much and I promise to wear it everyday!" He said with a huge smile on his face that made Dara smile as well. 
 
He was inspecting the watch and saw that there was something engraved at the back. Dara smiled when she saw what Jiyong was looking at. 
 
                  G-Dragon
           The Brightest Star
 
"For me, you are the brightest star Ji. Happy birthday!" Dara was smiling at him. That made Jiyong happy. 
 
"What are you talking about? My birthday isn't until tomorrow."
 
Dara chuckled and turned his head towards the wall clock. It read 12:00 am. 
 
"Happy birthday Jingyo. I hope all your wishes come true."
 
Dara said softly and Jiyong hugged her. She returned the hug and patted his back. 
 
"Thank you for coming into my life Tokki. Thank you so much." Jiyong was about to hug her tighter when the door opened again. 
 
"Hey babe its getting late. We have to go."
 
Dara pulled out from the embrace and kissed Jiyong on his cheeks. 
 
"I have to go Ji. Happy birthday again! See you later!" She stood up and went towards Jaejoong, who put a hand on her waist and smiled at her. He turned towards Jiyong and smiled at him. 
 
"Happy birthday Ji. Enjoy your day man." Jae greeted him. Jiyong forced a smile and uttered a small thank you. The couple bid their goodbye and turned to leave. 
 
Jiyong could see them, waiting in front of the elevator. They were laughing, Jae still had his arm around Dara. Jiyong held back the hurt he was feeling when he suddenly saw Dara cupping Jae's face and kissed him. He also saw them mouthing I love you to each other and the elevator door finally closed. 
 
Jiyong stood numbly while staring at Dara's present. 
 
"I know you're happy with him but can I wish for you to be happy with me instead?"
 
He thought sadly to himself. 
 
 
 
"Love is when the other person's happiness is more important than your own.❤"