.one-shot

realistic dream
Please log in to read the full chapter

She played with the hem of her dress, finger twirling with the golden lining. Her pleated skirt seemed even more crumpled than usual as the Goddess of the Hunt sat in her chair and waited for news about her brother. With every passing second, her heart grew heavier. Her fringe kept falling into her right eye, but she made no attempt to move it. It seemed as though no one took notice of her strange behaviour. Well, Athena did make a side comment about the way she was acting, but no one else.

Finally, without Hermes entering the room even once, she stood up and walked out of the waiting room. Her patience had run thin a long time ago, but had convinced herself to wait for her brother's return. Curse her father's worthless help. That man could not get off his throne for his life. She wondered what her mother saw in Zeus. He was worthless, a cheater, a liar and absolutely oblivious to his actual wife's affections for him. No matter how many times Hera tried to get Zeus' attention, she's turned away. The huntress could not help but feel sorry for the Goddess of Marriage.

A gust of wind broke her train of thought and she widened her eyes. Her head looked both ways before she continued to walk down the hallway. Surprisingly, her steps were not even the slightest bit cautious. However, her hand was itching to touch her bow and prepare an arrow. Her heart was beating wildly in her chest; her eardrums were practically ringing in her ears from the loud sound from her vital organ. She gulped as her breathing got heavier and her heart beating got harder.

Imagine her surprise when an arm grabbed her own upper arm and dragged her into an empty bedroom, Athena's bedroom no less. When her captor released her, she subconsciously grabbed her arrow and prepared a bow with it. Her violet-blue eyes hardened as she focused on her opponent in the dark.

"Hey, sis, it's just me!" a familiar voice said. Footsteps were walking past her and just in case, she pointed her arrow wherever she estimated her opponent was. Her eyes shifted in the dark, waiting for whoever it was to turn on the lights. It seemed like the boy did not have any intentions on doing so, though.

With every passing second made the huntress even more nervous. Her eyes blinked rapidly to keep her eyes open. Her so-called underdog, Selene, was resting on the moon while waiting for her time to be up. How much she wished to be in Selene's place at that moment. Again, she heard a pair of footsteps again. However, this time, they were heading towards her. A ball of saliva was swallowed as the footsteps got closer to her.

A soft hand grasped her face gently and turned her head towards him. Even in the dark, the Huntress still could see his electric blue eyes clearly shinni

Please log in to read the full chapter