Chapter Two: Five Fellow New Friends and The General

Hard to Decide, Easy to Choose (Hiatus)

Kris' POV

 

“Aren’t you supposed to give me trip around the castle?” my voice echoed in the hallway into the centre of the castle, where two flight of stairs that were combined in mid-way and formed a straight way to the upper floor. The stairs were so wide that I think it could fit hundreds of people. If the stairs was in that kind of size, imagine the size of the castle!

“Nope. We’ll be meeting the General first. I know you’re tired, but please do hang on for a little bit. She’ll be either at the training field or with the King.” Mr. Choi turned to face me with an apologetic face once he saw my tired expression.

“I hope she’ll be in the training field,” I mumbled in a disappointed manner, looking around in the palace but still following Mr. Choi. I could feel my enthusiasm to explore despite being tired slowly died.

Mr. Choi led me out again, in the blazing sun. Since in Earth was currently midnight, so in Exo it would be midday. I plodded behind him, feeling all my energy being drained away. Instead of walking down the stairs and going into a dome-like building which was a few metres from us, Mr. Choi decided to stop abruptly. Luckily, I managed to hold myself from bumping into him.

“What now?” I groaned silently.

“See that building over there? That’s the Warrior’s Quarters, more easily know as the Warrior’s building.” Mr. Choi pointed at the building in front of us.

What’s the difference? Both are still lengthy when written down…

“The dorms for the Warriors are in another building behind that one. That building is where they’ll train indoors and there would be a field for them to train outdoors. It’s also for them to receive lessons like etiquettes and such.” Mr. Choi paused his explanation for a while when five young men around my age came passing by in front of us.

“Hey, the five of you, have you seen General Kwon?” he asked rather friendly. Mr. Choi must’ve known them.

The guy with puffy cheeks shook his head. “Sorry but no, Messenger Choi,” He looked at me and then at Mr. Choi. As if Mr. Choi knew what the boy was thinking, I was introduced to them.

“Why don’t you boys come up here?” Mr. Choi signalled them to come closer and the boys obeyed. They climbed the stairs and were now standing ahead of me, Mr. Choi in the middle.

“Kris, meet your new fellow mates. Boys, please introduce yourselves to our new recruit, Kris Wu,”

And the puffy-cheeked guy introduced each one of them in a friendly manner. “Hi! I’m Kim Minseok, but just call me Xiumin. That one with brown hair is Chen, beside him is Lay. And the maroon-haired guy is Luhan and that’s our Kung-fu Panda Tao. Or just Tao,” he ended his sentence with a laugh, earning a playful glare from the guy namely Tao.

“Hi, nice to meet you too. I’m Kris Wu,” I waved a bit to them and returned their smiley faces with a smile.

“Okay, now that you’ve known each other, can I leave Kris with you for a while? I need to find the General.” Mr. Choi asked Xiumin to which Xiumin nodded in agreement.

“Sure. But what about the event everyone is talking about? And what’s his status? Is he one of the chosen Warriors too or not? I've heard from the others that there are several chosen Warriors among us...,”

“Ah, yes about the event.” Mr. Choi seemed to be in a bit of a hurry. “Kris, tonight you’ll be attending a dinner event with the rest of the new recruits; along with these five boys. And about the chosen Warriors; you’re one of them, and the same goes to you five,” Mr. Choi pointed at the five boys who had their jaws opened.

“Me?!” I pointed at myself just to be sure. The other five seemed to be surprised too. "Us?! Really! Awesome!!" Chen exclaimed.

“Yes, you. This information was supposed to be a secret but I'll make an exception for the six of you. You’ll be training side by side in the future. Anyways, Xiumin, please help Kris find his dorm. I need to find the General and inform His Highness about Kris before I lose my head.” And with that Mr. Choi went off into the Warriors’ Quarters. The boys high-fived each other and I was welcomed into their little circle of friends.


Author’s POV

 

Kwon Yerin sat at the edge of the cliff, her back against a tree that was grew naturally there, enjoying the amazing view of the sea.

The castle was located on top of a hill, a not so thick green pine forest behind it and if you go through the forest you would found yourself a couple of metres standing from the edge of the cliff. The sound of the waves hitting the rocks beneath the cliff could be heard.

A girl like Yerin should not be at that kind of place, sitting so freely there. But she’s used to it. She is the kingdom’s General after all.

Yerin stared blankly at the horizon of the sea, her mind was reminiscing the event that had happened at that place, at the same date 5 years ago.

The day when her beau had ran away, turned his back against Exo and also the day when she became cold towards everything and everyone.

Well…not particularly everyone.

Not to the King or her friend who was much more of a sister than a friend.

She looked at the watch that she was wearing on her left wrist and noticed it was time to go back into the castle and meet Messenger Choi. A sigh left her lips.

“So much to do, so many things to complete,” Yerin complained to herself.

As she reached the gate that leads back into the castle, she had already finished recalling her schedules for today.

I need to meet Messenger Choi and get the news whether the boy the King desired had accepted the offer. If he did accepted it, then I need to speak to the King and then rest for a bit before going to tonight’s event, the Nomination of the Chosen Warriors...

Messenger Choi knocked on the doors and entered shortly after Kwon Yerin had arrived in her office.

“Good afternoon, Lady Kwon. I have good news for you and the King,” Messenger Choi began.

“Good afternoon to you too, Messenger Choi. Please go on,”

“The boy the King had desired to be a Warrior, Lord Wu’s only son has accepted the offer to become a Warrior. I actually tricked him saying that I shall end his life under the King’s order if he refused. I want to apologize for using the King as bait, Lady Kwon,” the man hung his head in embarrassment and continued to speak. “He is currently with five other Warriors whom I have assigned to give him a tour around the palace,”

Yerin nodded in agreement. “It’s okay, Messenger Choi. I don’t think the King would mind anyway. And I’m curious about his name. Do you happen to know it?”

“Of course my Lady,” this time Messenger Choi looked up and met Yerin’s eyes, “His name is Kris Wu. He is 23 years old and is the only son of the nobleman, Lord Wu.”


I'm being indecisive... Here I am, in front of my desktop upstairs, writing an update when I've already said I won't. LOL.

Anyway, I better update this before all those ideas I got for this chapter are gone right?

ANND~ aren't you curious why Kwon Yerin (who would be you in this story) is called Lady Kwon? And look, Kris is a son to a nobleman, but does he know his status or not? Give comments about your opinions! They are highly appreciated~~ :P I'll try to match some songs into the chapters but it'll depend on my diligency.. hehe XD anyway ENJOYYY!!!!!