The Past Stories

An Amnesia

Twenty years old Kyungsoo and his family are on the way to Kyungsoo’s grandparents’ house on Christmas holiday. They chat happily like usual, the streets seems really nice without too much people and cars.

But suddenly, the car’s brake couldn’t be controlled, and then crash into a big tree. Kyungsoo can recalls moments before his vision turned to black. There were voices of people shout for help, sound of an ambulance come, but as he remembers, there is no sound of his family’s voice, at all.

 

He opens his eyes, he looks at the white ceiling, a sunny sunlight through window. He really can’t feels anything, he doesn’t know where he is, he doesn’t know what’s happening, he doesn’t even know himself.

There is sound of door clicked open, a doctor enters, he goes to Kyungsoo’s bed then checks his body temperature, “Hmm, you have recovering well,” The doctor said after he lays his back hand in Kyungsoo’s forehead. Kyungsoo just looks at him puzzled.

The doctor grabs a board containing his data. “Oh I forgot. Your name is Do Kyungsoo, twenty years old, and you are now in a hospital. You have an amnesia, means you lost your ability to memorize everything that has happened.” Kyungsoo stares at him. “I’m sorry to tell but I don’t know if you still remembered them, but, your family members are.. gone.” The doctor continues.

There were a long pause, silent takes over the place, slow knocks on the door break the silent, “Doctor, Do Kyungsoo has a visitor.” A nurse says peeks behind the door. Behind her back, there is a guy, not so tall young man with dark brown hair cover his forehead.

“I excuse myself first.” The doctor excuses himself and makes his way to get out of the room.

Silent takes over the room again as the young man comes in the sits beside Kyungsoo on a chair. “Hey, Kyungsoo, do you remember me?” The guy starts. Kyungsoo stares blankly at him. “I’m Byun Baekhyun, your bestfriend from childhood until now.” Baekhyun smiles.

Even Kyungsoo still looks at him like a stranger, he doesn’t give up to tell him stories, then he continues, “Your family is really good people. Everytime I played to your house every weekend, your mother always gave me cookies and a hot chocolate milk.” Baekhyun says slightly sobs.

“Last year on winter, we played in your back porch, you threw me a huge snowball.” Baekhyun chuckles in his litte sobs. Kyungsoo just listens to him.

“And do you know, there is a guy, his name is Kim Joonmyun,” suddenly Kyungsoo’s heart is a little bit heavy hearing that name. Baekhyun doesn’t notice, “he is our best friend too, back then he liked to joined and played with us, but one day he has to leave us because his parents got a better and more famous school for him in Daegu. He insisted and wanted to stay with us, but that made his parents angry, and snapped to him, why he wanted to stay with people like us.” Baekhyun’s face turns into sad face.

“And the sad part is, you liked each other, and last year he confessed to you one day before he left,” Baekhyun looks down to Kyungsoo who just stares at the ceiling but still listening to him.

“Luckily I stayed at your house for two days because of my parents’ business overseas. That night you can’t stop cried all night because of his departure, then I called him so you can spoke to him, you said you love him so much while sobbed into my chest, and he promised that he’ll visit us on a holiday, alone without his parents.” Baekhyun explains and then smiles at the last sentence.

“Really?” Kyungsoo whispers. He wants to talk but the words hardly can’t escape from his throat.

“Yes, Soo.” Baekhyun smiles. “Finally you spoke, are you feeling better? Do you trust my stories?” Baekhyun asks. Kyungsoo nods slowly at both questions.

“Kyungsoo, do you want to take a walk with me after you recover completely?” Baekhyun asks. “Okay.” Kyungsoo smiles, feeling really trust to him.

Kyungsoo somehow curious about that Kim Joonmyun guy who Baekhyun had told him that he really loves him.