that night

New Promise

          "Hyung, are you sure you don't wanna going out with us?" Tao asks again while wearing his shoes.

Kris sighs and nod his head.Then, he leaves the confused panda and walks to his room.

Luhan is opening the door when Kris grabs the doorknob.

 

           "Yah~ you sure you're alright?" Luhan asks the tall blonde guy and looks at him with his deer eyes.

 

           " I'm fine..little jet lag maybe." Kris answers the boy and enters the room.

 

He lands on his bed comfortably. Although it is a little different with his bed in China but his tired body really need a rest.

Kris opens his eyes back when he realizes the noisy member's voice are gone. He looks at his unpack luggage and sighs.

 

ExoM members just arrived that evening after promoting at China for a long time. 

The most excited one must be Xiumin and Chen and they decided to bring other members for a walk. 

Eating and shopping he guessed. Bubble tea, of course.

They are here now for their new comeback album. Their precious first album.

 

             "What the .." he cursed when his stomach suddenly plays a beatbox rhythm. 

 

Then, he remembered that he only took a simple lunch in plane before. He is too lazy to move his ached body.

 

              " How can the others be so hyperactive after the not so long journey?" he thinks himself.

Kris surrenders and wakes up after the beatbox rhythm changed to heavy metal music.

 

               " Did they have anything to eat?" Kris referred to the K members that are having their schedule right now. 

He opens the fridge and see a bunch of snack, some half-rotten banana and half bottle of milk. He sighs.

 

               "Kyungsoo should not retired from cooking." he mumbled himself.

 

He moves to the upper cabinet and see another bunch of snacks and tadah~ 

two packets of instant noodles. He smile proudly at himself.

He is humming happily while cooking the instant noodles. The smells makes his stomach rumbling faster.

 

When his masterpiece is done. He takes a bowl out from the rack and carefully pour his dinner. 

He prepares a pair of chopstick and a spoon and together with the noodles, he walks to the living room.

 

He switch on the TV and watch the latest SBS variety show. He chuckles sometimes but still eating the extra delicious noodles. 

After a while,he walks towards the kitchen to take a glass of water when he heard a sound of heavy thing drop on the floor. 

He gasps. His feet stuck on the floor while his ears try to earn more sound but silence.

 

The nearest door to him is Tao's room. He carefully opens the door and sees nothing, just darkness..

Then,he walks backward and grabs Bacon and Yeolie's doorknob.

There is also nothing. He takes a deep and long breath before walking to D.O and Kai's room. 

There is a broom outside the door and Kris takes it and grabs on it tightly.

 

                       "If that is a thief, I'll just smack him down...but ,what if there are thieves??" 

 

Kris is dealing with himself for a while before opens the door with his left hands.

The room is not as dark as others and the source of light is coming from the medium table lamp. 

Kris entered the room with the broom straight forward. 

He doesn't found any suspicious standing figure but then he recognizes a figure laying on one of the bed.

 

               " Kai!! Is that you??" Kris drops the broom and walks backward to switch on the lamp. 

 

There is Kai laying on the bed with his left arm covering his eyes. Kai changes his position as the room is brighter than before.

 He try to neutralize his eyes with the brightness.Kris walks to the boy's side hesitately..

 

                 " Why are you here? You're suppose to have a schedule don't you?"..Kris asks the boy before found a bottle of mineral water on the floor under D.O's bed.

 

Kris takes a look at Kai that are now staring at him. Kris looks at the slightly red eyes. He swallows his saliva when Kai turns his back on him.

 

                  " Are you having a fever again?" Kris walked toward he boy and carefully touch his head..

 

It's burning like hell!!! But then Kai moves his head from Kris's hand and cough a few times.

 

Anxious plus scare plus worry plus don't know what to do makes Kris's mind blank. 

He don't know what to do with this boy because he is not here for a quite long period. Moreover, they're not that close enough. 

Kris walks out from the room, walking quickly to his room at takes his phone.. 

 

                        "Urrgh..it's not a right time for you to dead,you know." Kris sighs and takes out his

 charger to charge the his phone.

 

While waiting for his phone to at least can be open, Kris walks back to Kai's room. Now, Kai is curling under his blankets and shivering. Kris turn off the air conditioner and that makes Kai turn at him.

 

                  " Switch it back " Kai said with his hoarse voice.

 

                  " But you are shivering " Kris defends himself and looks at the younger with unbelievable look.

 

                  " I'm not,,just turn it back on" Kai turns his back again.

 

Kris sighs heavily. He doesn't know how much he sighed just for today. Kris leaves the younger and walks to his room. 

He turns on his phone and makes a call.

 

                 " Kyungsoo yah..why did you let Kai went back home alone??" Kris spills all his anger to the call receiver. 

 

                 " Woah..hold on..Yifan right?? All the members are still in the recording." Kris's anger is rising up

when he heard their manager's voice.

 

                  " Did he went back here alone?" Kris bit his lips.

 

                   "Of course no!!!..He went back with another manager hyung but I think he left after he dropped Kai." 

the manager explains carefully.

 

Kris stops angry for a while then sighs.

 

                  " What should I do now? He is shivering but his body is burning." he complains to the manager. 

He wants to do something but what it is?

 

                   " Just treat him likes Kyungsoo always did. We'll be back in an hour, okay " the manager cut the call.

 

                   " Can you think why I called Kyungsoo??" he babbling himself and walks again to the room.

 

He notices that the younger has fall asleep. He knows that Kai can get the fever very easily and 

he sure there are something he can use here. He opens the drawer at the closet and searching for any medicine . 

He knew Kyungsoo usually have stock of Kai's needed. Luckily he found a cooling down plaster and some paracetamols.

He put those those things on the table and walks to take some warm water. 

 

Slightly before he walks out from the room he heard Kai's voice. Slowly sobbing Kyungsoo's name.

Kris freezes for a while. His heart ache when the younger sobbing like that. Another small sigh comes out from his mouth.

He continues walking to the kitchen, turns on the heater and waiting for the water to boil.

 

Waiting is the hardest things to do especially during edge time like this. Kris is staring bluntly at the heater while 

his mind is working so hard.

 

 

                " Kyungsoo must be a great omma for them. Especially to the maknaes." Kris thinks deeply.

 

Kris plans a few things that he wants to do with the K members especially to the toddler when he get well soon.

 

   Thuk

 

The heater done it's work and Kris takes a mug with half mineral water then he add the hot water until it's full. 

 

                 " He should be able to drink this." he thinks after he tried drinking the water..

 

After Kris entered the room, he carefully switch the temperature higher. 

That sounds moves the sleeping Kai but he still not opens his eyes.

 Kris put down the mug on the table and takes the cooling down plaster and read the instructions behind. 

Suddenly, Kai grabs on his blanket tighter and sobs.."hyung~"

 

Looks at his brother like this makes his heart aches more. Kris takes a towel on kyungsoo's bed and 

slowly wipe the sweats around Kai's face and neck. He tears the plaster and carefully place it on the younger forehead. 

He  the hair backward when Kai takes his hand and bring it to his chest. He hug it.

 

Kris's heart stops for a second. He looks at the younger that seem so weak. His lips is pale while his face is reddening.

Kris sits on the edge of the bed and wakes the younger up. He hold Kai's body and lean it toward his.

 Just then, Kai opens his eyes and see that Kris beside him. Kai wants to lay back but Kris tighten his hold on 

Kai's shoulder with his left arm. While his right arm is reaching the mug and the paracetamol.

 

                 " Eat your medicine first. " Kris said.

 

But he is struggling to take out the paracetamol with his only one hand that also holds a mug. 

Kai lifts up his hands to hold the mug. But, Kris refuses, he put the mug back.

Then, he helps Kai leans against the wall and takes two pills of paracetamol and the mug. 

Kris put the pills in the younger mouth carefully then gives a sip of water to him. 

Kai wants to take the mug from him when he wants more water, but Kris stiffen his hands and

helps the younger drinks the water until it finish.

 

                    " It's not that I am dying or paralyzed, hyung " Kai mumbles slowly while touching the sticky

 thing on his forehead.

 

Kris ignores the younger's mumble and cleaning the rubbish and wakes from the bed to wash the mug. 

Kris doesn't know why he is blushing madly. 

 

                   " Go back to your sleep. The others maybe on their way back right now." Kris turns back to his cold side.

 He tries to get rid of this weird feeling in his heart. His heart is jumping upside down.

 

                  " Hyung, can you come back here after this? " Kai asked the older carefully. 

 

The older stop walking. Kai feels the different between the way Kyungsoo and Kris take care of him. 

Kyungsoo style is always soft and caring like a mother but Kris way makes he feels more safety. 

Like being protect by a....lover.

 

Kris nods his head after a second. He walks to the kitchen and put the mug on the table. He holds his chest tightly.

His heart is dancing happily but he still does not understand his feelings.

He drops by at his room and grabs his phone. 3 Missed Calls from Tao and Xiumin. 

He put his phone in his pocket and walks to the younger's room. 

 

There, Kai is leaning 45 degree against the wall and waiting for his hyung.

When Kris walks in , Kai's expression becomes brighter and he tries to control his pale lips from smile like crazy.

Kris wanted to take a chair when Kai is calling him,

 

                   " Hyung, can I lean at you like before. Usually Kyungsoo hyung...." Kris moves towards the younger immediatly after he heard that name. What is this feels? Jealousy? Maybe..he admit it.

 

Kris lays himself beside the younger. The first second is the most awkward moments in his life ,,

but suddenly Kai turns his body and moves his head nearer to the older until Kris can feel the younger hot and slow breath.

Kris turns his body fully to hug the younger. Kai puts his arm around the waist while Kris hugs the younger shoulder.

Kris feels that the younger is still shivering. He tighten the hug more to give the maximum warm.

 

Kai fell asleep a few seconds later. Kris makes a little gap between them.  He looks at the younger. 

Sleeping like an angel. Kris moves his head down to kiss the younger head. This is unplanned. 

Sincerely, that was the first time they are being so close. Before this, there is always something that makes them in a 

distance. But now..

 

 

Carefully Kris lift the younger upward so that their face are facing each other.

 He seriously wants to do this at least once in his lifetime . He gains he courage and do it. He carefully gives a soft peck to the younger lips..

Is it called a peck when it more than 3 seconds?? He does not know. Because it feels just nice and so warm..maybe because he had a fever. 

Then Kris opens his eyes and see the younger is blushing. His face becomes incredibly red and Kai opens his eyes.

 

                    " You will get the fever, hyung " he speaks softly..shyly actually.

 

Kris loss his words and they are blushing together. Kris cleans his throat and ignoring he younger and slightly adjusting the blanket to cover the younger body. 

When the older does not response at him. Kai looks down. He feels a little bit dissapointedl

   

                    " I'm sorry for troubling you, hyung " Kai sobs. 

When he is sick. He becomes much more sensitive. He just feels that Kris does not means anything when he kiss him.

 

                    " yah~why are you crying so suddenly. " Kris is panicking while wiping the younger that starts to cry.. 

 

Kai stays silence and free himself from the older. He feels that his head starts spinning again. 

When Kris looks at the younger he hugs the younger with all his might. 

 

                     " Don't be like this. I'm sorry if that burdened you" Kris  the younger hair backward and looks into the dim eyes. 

Kai groans softly when his head is killing him.

 

                       " Why baby ?" Kris asked when he heard it.

 

                       " My..my head is spinning." Kai shut his eyes tight.

 

Kris transfers the younger head to his left arm while the right one carefully massage the toddler-like head. 

Kai smiles slightly when the pain is reducing. Kris looks at the smile and feels relieves. 

Slowly he gives the younger another kiss (not peck anymore) and the younger also on it.

 

                     " I don't mind to get a fever from you.Now,,take a rest" Kris  the younger left cheek and 

kiss the forehead with plaster on it.

 

                     " Can you promise something to me ,hyung? " suddenly Kai lifts his head and asks.

 

                      " Anything baby." Kai blushes more. It looks so contrast with his slightly dark skin.

 

                      " Can we make a new ship after this? " Kai looks dearly to the confused Kris.

 

                      " Like you and that kyungsoo?? " he pouts. Kai chuckles to see another side of this hyung. Cute.

 

                      " We make a real one. Just bring down that HunHan or anyone" Kai looks at the older with hope. 

He just want to have more time with this hyung. To replace every seconds that he wasted before.

 

                      " Of course,,we show to them now." he smirks a little when he heard some noises outside. Kris tighten 

his hug to the younger. They fall asleep together with a new promise.

 

 

 

 


      

 

Suho kneel down to calm the one that sobbing hysterically..

 

                 " It's my fault..if I don't let him went back alone before.. I shouldn't..He must...." Kyungsoo started 

crying at the leader embrace. They are only a few inches from the closed door.  Kyungsoo and Kai's door. 

But just a few minutes ago it's changed.

 

                 " Calm down..there's nothing between them. Believe me " Suho the younger back.

 

He does not has any idea how to soothe the heartbreak person in front of him. 

He stares at the door and remembered how fast he closed the door after Kyungsoo collapsed for watching his Jongin and 

Kris sleeping together. Hugging.

 

The others member are sitting or laying at the living room blankly. They are just came back from their schedule and

meets other M member outside. Coming in together and then heard Kyungsoo's voice scream for a second. 

They are shock but not as much as Kyungsoo for sure.

But actually they also feels happy because both of them are seldomly talking to each other before. 

Luhan and Xiumin stares each other and then gives the sympathy looks to the collapsed younger.

Quietly ,Yixing yawns slowly and drags Chen to their room. 

 

Times past twelve when Chanyeol losts his patience and walks towards the leader and pats his shoulder. 

Suho looks up and moves aside when the tall guy asks to do so. Carefully Chanyeol lifts the smaller guy and

brings him to his room. Kyungsoo heart stops for a second but then he realizes , (that he's not with jongin )

he tries to escape himself but Chanyeol is stronger of course.

Then, he continued crying on Chanyeol's chest until they enter Chanyeol and Baekhyun's room.

 

Suho follows the tall guy with his eyes until he disappear. He smiles slightly and walks to his room and followed by Sehun. 

Xiumin and Luhan chuckle for a while than moves to their room.

 

                     " He should come to our room because we have a lot of space " Xiumin pouts to the M leader's bed. 

Luhan chuckles continuously and shut the door.

 

                      " I thinks I like this better. Don't you thinks the same?" Luhan replies and asks with an alluring smile.

 

 

THE END ≧∇≦


 

*takes a deep breath and bows*

Sorry guys for the weirdness in this story..

Especially for the grammar mistakes..(please ignores it)

This is my second fanfic..(that's why it becomes like this)

Slightly Xiuhan of course..

Comments are seriously needed.. Subscribe is a bonus,,,yeay..

See you next time..*wink*

 

 

P/S: I'm imagining this story because I only found Xiuris pics after Wolf..Enjoy<3

     

 

     

 

 

This is what jongin wants ,right?? lol

 

I'm screaming with all my might..(*_*)

cr : owner