Chapter 1

The Bus Stop
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

Love comes in the most mysterious and unexpected ways.

Who would have thought I’d fell in love's trap.

 

I am a just like any normal girl, who finds beauty in silence and comfort in solitude. With my untamed curls that’s been the reason for my low-esteem, I live every single day. If you ask me if I have any friends, I would probably shake my head and say no. Unless you count dogs as one.

 I was like any other girls who were going through one of the tormenting stages in my teenage years. But unlike the rest of the lasses out there who have countless of crushes and see falling in love as an extraordinary thing, I never dreamed of being enraptured by that thing they call love --- until I met him.

I was a senior high school student the moment I fell in love. And I fell hard.

It was just a normal day. My endless daily cycle --- waking up, going to school, daydreaming in between classes and returning home was almost done until I came across this stranger on the bus stop.

Clicking my heels impatiently, I waited for the bus to come. Beautiful music flooded my ears at that time since I was listening to my favorite songs through my earphones. Suddenly, I heard a vague voice behind me.

“Curly.”

I didn’t really turn around the first time I heard the voice. Then I heard him again.

“Curly.”

There were no people waiting for the bus, besides me and that person whom the voice belongs to. After glancing sideways to make sure I was the one being called, I ignored the voice again. Quiet irritated by the fact that the person was calling me impolitely, I turned the volume up of the music I was listening to.

I almost jumped back in surprise when someone pulled one of my earphones out. I turned around and came face to face with a stranger.

He had one of the flawless faces I have ever seen. His eyes looked so gentle and he had the perfect-shaped nose. I noticed that majority of the color of the clothes he was wearing is black which then gave me the impression of rudeness.

He pointed at my backpack. I craned my neck to take a look at my backpack and realized that it was open.

“Oh.” I fumbled for the zipper. “Thank you.”

But the guy wasn’t listening. He just stood there like he didn’t hear anything and I thought he must have acted that way because I was acting just like that a while ago, too.

The bus came afterwards and he hurried to get in, not even letting me enter first. Ha! He’s gentle looks had really deceived me. I thought he was a gentleman. Guess I was wrong.

No. I didn’t fell in love with him. Not yet.

There was no attraction that I felt towards him. I thought he was just some random stranger that entered my world briefly.

But I was wrong.

When I arrived home, my dogs happily wagged their tails to welcome me. I greeted my father and quickly opened my phone to check for some messages. As if someone would bother to text me anyway. To my surprise, I found a text message.

Hello, Curly.

Who are you?

Your future.

I rolled my eyes and texted back.

Please log in to read the full chapter