Kajima

Kajima (Don't Go)

 

When Baekhyun got the first call, I crossed my fingers that Chanyeol wouldn’t get a call from a fan. Then the second call came. I was relieved that it was for Xiumin. I listened to their conversation attentively while my eyes focused solely on Chanyeol. I just love to see him laugh and clap his hands like a retarded seal whenever he’s amused. It makes my heart skip a beat to be honest.
I got distracted by Xiumin’s voice a little because damn his voice was seductive. I brushed the thought away immediately as I focused on Chanyeol again. When Xiumin’s call ended I thought it was over but luck wasn’t on my side that night.

The third call came in and to my surprise it was for Chanyeol. I watched with a hammering heart beat in my chest. I really can’t make out the words they were saying because my heart beat was loud and fast in my ears. But when Chanyeol made the fan girl choose between him and SHINee, my hearing sense went sharp like a wolf’s. The girl on the other line chose Chanyeol of course. 

I couldn’t blame her. Chanyeol’s perfect. 

“Then, don’t go”, Chanyeol said with a smile plastered on his face. The fan girl kept on speaking.

Blah blah blah blah blah was all I heard. Hell I care.


Then he said it again. “Aaahhh kajima”. This time with a much more convincing tone. I didn’t even notice that the call ended because I was still in a daze and couldn’t believe that he said “kajima” to a fan two times. He never told me “don’t go”. Ever. 

YES! I am his girlfriend. Secret Girlfriend to be honest. The other members in EXO K and even EXO M know about my relationship with him. The fans don’t know about it though. SAD.

I AM CHANYEOL’S GIRLFRIEND! I always put that in mind whenever he does fan service to keep myself from getting jealous. It is part of his job after all. I accepted all the consequences of being his girlfriend but tonight, he just went overboard with his fan service. My eyes got watery and it brought me back to the present.

Minutes later, the live streaming ended and I received one sms from him.


From: Chanyeol bb 11:21 PM
Hi ______ . Just finished our live broadcast on Yeongstreet. I’ll stop by your house on the way to our dorm. I miss you <3 xoxo




“FUDGE! Oh my God! Did he just say he’ll stop by?” I blurted out. I didn’t want to see him tonight. Not when I’m still mad at him for saying “kajima”.UGH! FML! I just wanted to bury myself and hide until he goes home.

I was so busy over thinking things that I didn’t even notice the knock on my door. I was on my bed squatting like I’m in a P.E class and my back was facing the door. The only thing I did the whole time was do face palms and murmurs. I was so lost in thought, but then my bed sank to someone’s weight. I could hear my heart panicking again. 

He covered my eyes with his big hands and I could tell that he’s smiling even if he’s behind me. I didn’t react or move for seconds. When he finally realizes that I’m not in the mood he withdrew his hands.

“Is something wrong?” he asked.

I just shook my head and didn’t say a word. He hesitated for a bit because he knows me too well. And I’m not very good at lying. So he continued.
“Don’t tell me this is about the radio broadcast in Yeongstreet because…”

“Oh! But this is about what happened in Yeongstreet!” I snapped. I was shocked by my sudden outburst. Chanyeol is equally shocked as I too. He just stared at me blankly with those big adorable eyes of his. I looked away because he’s just too cute and I can’t afford to give in and forgive what he did.

“As I was saying before you cut me off. I didn’t even mean every word I said back there.” He continued explaining. “It’s called fan service ______. It’s part of my job. I thought we had this discussed last time? I’m getting tired of this.”

“I know what fan service is Chanyeol…” I even forgot to call him oppa because of my anger.
“…and I understand that it’s part of your job. You just went overboard with that so called fan service when you said ‘kajima’ to that fan. You could have just said something else.” Hot tears falling.

“You don’t know how much I wanted to hear those words from you and how much I wanted to say it to you as well.” I reasoned.


Chanyeol’s face was expressionless. Face unreadable. He was standing already and was not saying anything. There was an awkward silence in the room. Just the sound of the rain falling outside my window. I broke the silence as I sighed and continued talking. 

“When we’re on our dates or even spending some quality time together, I’ve always wanted you to stay longer, especially when they call you out for practices. I could always say ‘don’t go’ but I know that your practices are important.” My anger started to subside. Almost giving in.

“I don’t want to be selfish Chanyeol oppa. I’m doing my best to keep this relationship secret from your fans. I don’t want to ruin your career or something because I know it means a lot to you.”

“I’m sorry ______.” He finally decided to talk. “I didn’t know you we’re having a hard time and I’m sorry about what I did in Yeongstreet.” His deep voice resonating in the room with a sincere tone.

“It’s okay Chanyeol oppa. I just over reacted, that’s all.” Deep inside I was still not okay but I didn’t want to argue right now. It’s their comeback and I don’t want to burden him with all of my issues with his fan service.

So instead I said,“Oppa, why don’t you go home and rest. Huh? I know you’re very tired. You still have a performance tomorrow. My oppa is very busy now a days.” A half hearted smile painted on my face. He looked at me and said, “Jagiya, are you sure you’re okay? You’re crying.”

“Oppa, I’m fine. You should go back to your dorm now, eh? I don’t want my oppa looking tired during a performance because I won’t be there to look after you.” He finally smiled and I gave him a kiss on the lips. Just a light kiss.

“Gwaenchana.”, he said as he stood up.I accompanied him on the way out and as he was about to get in the car, I shouted,“Oppa! Chuhkahae! Congratulations on your comeback!” Then the van was gone.

I had a hard time sleeping that night. The scene of Chanyeol saying “kajima” kept on playing in my head. After almost an hour of turning and making myself comfortable I finally went to sleep.
















Waking up early on a Saturday isn’t really my thing. It’s usually a day off from work and other stress factors, but I did anyway. As a Saturday routine I started preparing breakfast and then after I ate, I took a bath. I checked my phone after everything and I got a sms from Chanyeol saying:

From: Chanyeol bb 8:13 AM
Good morning! Off to rehearse for the performance. Saranghae _______.



To: Chanyeol bb 8: 49 AM
Good morning to you too. Good luck oppa! Saranghae <3




While Chanyeol was busy rehearsing, I busied myself too. I finished my painting with the last but very important details. My arms were a little tired after painting so I rested for a bit, waiting for the performance to start so that I can watch. I was about to close my eyes when my phone rang and it says: incoming call from _______ (bff) , so I answered it.

“WHAT? CHANYEOL IS INJURED? WHY? HOW?”, I blurted.

“I’m not sure with chanyeol though but some said he’s not feeling well and looks very tired. Other members got injured too like Luhan, Tao and Kai”, my bff said.

“OH MY GOD! I’LL CALL YOU LATER OKAY? I GOTTA CALL OR TEXT CHANYEOL IF HE’S ALRIGHT.”


“GDI! I think he didn’t bring his phone”, cursing out loud in my room. He didn’t answer his phone and didn’t reply as well. I started calling the other members but still, no luck.I felt like a mom who’s worried sick about her son. I couldn’t stay calm so I opened my twitter and weibo account to find out what really happened. As I was backtracking, I read something about Tao, who fell and is injured, Luhan who slipped and Kai who’s injured as well. My heart wouldn’t stop beating fast as I searched for news bout Chanyeol.

My search was a failure. I didn’t see any details about him at all. I almost cried. I frantically searched for something to distract myself with, but again I failed. The time for the performance was near so I braced myself for what I might see. As soon as they were on. I saw Chanyeol lying on the floor and he was doing fine. Relief washed over me and I just stared at my laptop screen during the whole performance. Their performance ended well and I immediately dialed Chanyeol’s number (crosses fingers) but still no answer from the other line.

The day went on without a word from Chanyeol. Glancing at my phone every minute just to see if there are some notifications or sms, it felt like forever waiting for night to come.

After that forever of waiting, night came and I finally received a sms from him.


From: Chanyeol bb 8: 08 PM
21 missed calls? Did something happen ______? O.O




To: Chanyeol bb 8: 08 PM
Finally! Are you ok? Are you injured? How are you? Where are you right now? (?_?)
I received a call that you got injured during rehearsals dumb head! >:[




From: Chanyeol bb 8:09 PM
Mianhae ______. u_u 
I’m at our dorm. I’m not injured but I’m not feeling well today. Really tired. Slight fever. :’(
Can you come over? (TT_TT)


To: Chanyeol bb 8:10 PM
Arasseo. I’ll be right there in a few. I’ll just drive there and buy medicine on the way.




From: Chanyeol bb 8:12 PM
Don’t buy. I have medicines here already.




I did buy anyway, just to be sure. It’s a 15 minute drive from my house to their dorm. The night was cold and it rained softly. When I arrived, I was faced with a red haired Baekhyun who lead me to their room. Chanyeol was lying in his bed, sleeping, cheeks gave off a reddish color because of his fever. I touched his forehead and he was hot, like he’s burning from the inside. He woke up a bit just to see that I arrived safely.

With Baekhyun’s assistance, I had everything I needed to cool Chanyeol down. An ice bag, a thermometer, cold water, medicine, name everything I had it all. All of his roommates gave us space, so we’re basically the only ones left in the room. His temperature was 39 degrees C but after putting an ice bag on his forehead, wiping his arms and neck with a towel dipped in cold water and making him drink medicine his body temperature finally went down.

It’s now 11: 45 PM.

Chanyeol was asleep and I kinda felt tired and sleepy. So, I grabbed my bag and keys and tiptoed on the way out, so I wouldn’t make any noise that can wake Chanyeol up. I turned off the lights and left the door ajar so the room can have a little light.

“Has his body temperature cooled down ________ ?” asked Suho, EXO k’s leader.

“Yes, finally back to his normal temperature.” I replied.

“Suho? What exactly happened during the rehearsal?

“He had a slight fever and it looked like it worsened after the first take, good thing manager hyung brought some medicine and made Chanyeol drink it."

“Oh, I see. He just pushed himself too hard. Good thing his Suho hyung and his managers are there to look after him.” Suho smiled and I just smiled back.

“I better go, it’s very late.”

“It’s very late indeed, I’ll show you the way out _______.”


On the way out, I saw some of the members, Kai, Luhan, Sehun, Kris and Xiumin who bid their farewells. I can see the door already and I prepared myself for the cold wind outside when a warm hand suddenly grasped my wrist and then someone was back hugging me.It startled me for a while. I turned my head to see a smiling Suho who mouthed “it’s Chanyeol” and then walked away. My face was flushed and I can hear my heart hammering again.

“Chanyeol oppa?”

No response.

“What are you doing? You should be on your bed right now.”

No response.

“Chanyeol oppa, don’t make me drag you inside your…”

“Kajima.”

“......”

“_______, kajima.”

Hot tears came rushing down my cheeks that night. We continued being like that for 1 minute. He let go and I hugged him back in return.

“Chanyeol oppa, saranghae.”

“Saranghae ________.”






And I stayed for the night.









-END-