Us

Words I'd Never Tell


He was a man of few words.

 

His mother even commented that when he was young, he never cried and sought things with simple hand gestures. If he wanted food, he'd just eat what he could and if he needs something, he would find pictures to show it. His mother got used to it but he retained the habit as he grew up.

He'd ony speak with a small whiteboard and marker, something his teachers allowed. Though it was ridiculous since he wasn't even mute.

Not once did he speak and many believed he was an anti-social person. He'd be alone during lunch and go home before anyone else could. He'd walk home alone, kicking stones and listening to his Ipod.

Everyone tried to avoid him. People would laugh at his pathetic state and point out he would be boring if he's start a conversation. He became the laughing stock of school. But he didn't go up and tell them off because he never cared about it. He was better off on his own.

 

But she told everyone off.

 

To tell the truth, he never expected her, of all the people, to defend him. She was quite a talker. Though not one for gossip, she excelled in the art of conversation. Words came out effortlessly from and it would go straight into people's hearts.  She was also a frequent member of the debate and school paper. Both of them never talked and yet once in a while, they'd look at each other and nod: their version of hello.

They weren't close but she began to accompany him everytime she could. During lunch, free time and even library works, she'd talk to him despite his half-hearted replies and uncomfortable stares. Persistence was her most notable trait.

He couldn't understand why she was even trying to talk to him. She could have a conversation with other people who'd actually care about the wheather or how awful the meatloaf at lunch was. Why him? He couldn't really read her intentions.

But there were times he'd appreciate her. When he didn't like the topic, he'd begin to write a sad smiley and she'd pause before changing the subject. There were time he'd find his sandwich distasteful, she'd eat it on his behalf(even if that said sandwich had bacon, cheese, anchovies and egg, something she was sort of allergic to) And then there were those rare times she'd shut up and just lean on his arm as she contemplated on something. She talked a lot but he never really knew anything about her. She hid her life well.

 

Then there came a time, she stopped talking to him.

 

He didn't really care at first. The idea of her absence was actually frequent in his mind and not that much of a surprise. She was bound to leave anyways. She had gotten tired of his company and frankly, he didn't care one bit.

 

Yet for some time afterarwds, he missed her...

 

 

He'd look at her and nod but she'd look away before brushing past him. Gone was her friendy smile and joyful eyes. All he saw was bitter cold.

He didn't understand why she suddeny vanished from his side. He could have done something wrong but what? She forgave him no matter what he did since he didn't know what he often did with her around. She never would ignore anyone if she didn't have a reason to. But then, she often would throw a few tantrums once someone irritated her.

Still, she never ignored others this long.

The only way he could know was to ask her. But then, would she listen to him? Maybe. It was her common courtesy, after all.

 

 

And there he was, writing on his whiteboard.

"WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU?"

She stared silently before sighing and turning away. "I'm busy. Go away."

He shuffled before her. "WHY ARE YOU AVOIDING ME?"

She glared at the floor in exasparation. "You can answer your own question." She replied

"I ONLY HAVE QUESTIONS." 

"You never try to answer them and just let those questions pile up until all you can do is be confused. Aren't you tired of that?" she asked, her voice softening.

He raised a brow. "I DON'T KNOW."

She laughed at that. "See? You'd never know unless you find the answer yourself."

He huffed in annoyance. "WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS?"

She looked up to his eyes, a sad smile plastered on her lips. "B-because I care for you. I don't want you to live in doubt where nothing can be answered. You need to start standing up. Stop closing up yourself. Open your mind. Please?"

He stared and wrote.

"DO YOU LIKE ME?"

She blushed bright red and pursed her lips in embarassment. "Maybe. I mean, you're quite the guy when you act to see yourself more."

He smiled and  she turned even redder when he actually opened his mouth. And for the first time, his voice poured out.

 

"I like you too."

 


a/n: yoonhun is adorable af. sooooo... did you like it? i hope so~~ comment below and let me knoow //winks winks//