Backstage

Backstage - L.Joe

You waited at home wondering what you would do without seeing him for a while; it has already been three weeks and not a single call the past couple of days. You walked through your darkened house and the TV trying to distract your mind from the imminent danger that you could be in. You turned to the music news as Teen Top came on a live stream of their concert that wasn’t that far away. A spark started to form as your desire to go grew, you ran to your room and changed into a decent concert outfit to go try and see your boyfriend. You slipped on some sneakers and ran out of your apartment. You ran to the bus station and found one that would take you a couple blocks away from the actual building that they were performing at. You saw the line as you approached the building as it rounded the corner. You saw an alleyway to your left that lead to the back of the building. Walking slowly back there felt a little weird at first, but then you saw the head security guard. You were in trouble. Putting on a smiling face you approached him with a happy demeanor.

“Can I help you miss?” He said in a deep voice as he bowed to you slightly

“I was wondering if I could see my boyfriend, L. Joe” You pulled your big eyes on him and pouted a little

“How do I not know that you are one of those crazy fans?” He asked as the door swung open from one of the coodi noonas.

“______, what are you doing here?” L. Joe’s coodi noona, Tina, was there to save you

“I came to see how you were doing and see if you needed any help” You said earnestly as she smiled at you.

“Easy Sam, she is with me” Tina took your hand as Sam apologized for the little mix up. You forgave him and headed inside. “I have to get back to work but here is a pass so that you can watch from the sidelines” Tina pulled the VIP pass over your head as you bowed and thanked her, she smiled and you both went your separate ways. You stood at the curtains edge as you watched all of the Teen Top members dance and sing to their hearts content as the crowd cheered them on and sang with them. You smiled as you spotted L. Joe, which only took you a couple of seconds. They walked back up to the top of the stage as C.A.P took over trying to quiet down the crowd.

“Thank you all so much for everything, we are going to take a break now but we will be back shortly, thank you” All of the members bowed as C.A.P finished his little speech and the crowd roared up again doing chants as Teen Top quickly left the stage. You watched as each of the members walked by you, Chunji, C.A.P, Neil, Chanjo, Ricky and L. Joe.

“L. Joe!” You called but the sweaty members were already headed down the hall, they probably couldn’t hear you over the intensely loud crowd. You followed security behind the members as they shuffled to the changing room. You slid in between two guards as you met Tina again and waited for L. Joe to return from the meeting that the manager ordered. Tina ran and grabbed some water for the members as they emerged from the warm closet that they all piled into. L. Joe walked over solemnly to his chair as you took a towel and rubbed his hair and his face, removing the makeup and the sweat from his warm face. You placed a cool towel over his head as he leaned back and you worked on his hair. You ran your fingers through it massaging his head until Tina returned.

“I will let you take over” You said as Tina came back and you handed her your comb that was in your hand. L. Joe sat up and took the cool cloth from over his eyes and looked at you as you leaned against the small counter with all of the accessories.

“You’re here” He quietly said as he looked astonished at you, you nodded your head and looked at him softly. “I am so sorry I have just been so busy. The manager took away my devices and the other members’ so I couldn’t call you or talk to you. Mianhae” He kneeled on his knees and took your hands into his, “Will you ever forgive me?” Tears brim your eyes as you looked down at him and his sincere plea.

“Always” You said as he stood up and hugged you tightly, you wrapped your hands around him and buried your face into his chest. He pulled away tilting your chin up for your eyes to lock with his. His lips crashed into yours as the members watched you with tired eyes as they were getting pampered.

“I am so glad that you came, angel” He said as he resumed kissing you passionately.

“I hate to break this up, but I need to do your makeup and hair” Tina said taping L. Joe on the shoulder. He pulled away as he sat down in his chair. He wrapped his arms around your waist as he pulled you on top of him. He smiled in your shoulder, hugging you from behind, not wanting to let you go. His head rested between your shoulder blades snuggling up to you.