I love a Jerk

The Last Confession

It was when they are still learning in an elementary school. A chubby girl approached a handsome little boy with a pink confession letter on her hand. “Annyeong Kris. Here” The girl greeted him and handed the pink letter to him. She grinned and had a tiny hope he would love the letter. That little boy read the letter and let out a chuckled. She's sure it’s definitely not a happy chuckled.

The girl looked at him and wondered what was hilarious about her letter?

“Psh. You can’t even spell my name right. What is this? Saranghaeyo? Do you love me?” He insulted.

“I’m not interested at you. Look at the mirror. You are just an ugly and fat duckling.” Kris continued to insult her which gained the others’ attention.

“Ugly fat duckling! Ugly fat duckling! Ugly fat duckling!” Her friends chanted.

Naeun ran away from that place with tears falling on her cheeks. From that day, She moved out from that school and went to another school.

First confession was a failure

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

The second confession was when they are in a middle school. They are finally friends with each other. It was like they are destined to meet each other again. Naeun is still a chubby girl but chubbier than when she was a little girl. She decided to confess again but it was not a good idea.

“Kris.. I want to tell you something..” Naeun said

“What is it?” Kris said but his eyes wandered on someone; to be specific on a pretty girl. Almost all of the boys like to be around her. Kris had a crush on her but doesn’t have the courage to tell her. Her name is Jessica.

“You know.. I have been keeping this feeling since I went here and met you again. As you alr—“ Kris interrupted her by saying he have to go.

Naeun just stayed there and watched him walked away from her. He went to Jessica and confessed. Kris gave Jessica a lollipop and smiled sincerely at her. That smile is really rare for Naeun to see. “Actually I-- I really like you” Kris stuttered. He was quite nervous. Jessica smiled at the shy Kris. “I also like you” Jessica accepted his confession. Naeun saw that heartbreaking scene and decided to ran away and she cried; for the second time in her life. Just because of Kris.

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

She is currently studying in a high school. She is still a fat girl and often bullied by her friends. Once, a group of queenka made a prank on her. They had written “Yes I’m ugly and fat. Feel free to humiliate me” on a post-it and stick it on her back.

People laughed at her.

“So you do admit you are an ugly and fat girl huh?”

“Daebak. She knew it already. I don’t have to tell her then”

“You are such an attention seeker. You don’t have to tell us.”

Those statements made her dumbfounded. What is wrong with them? I don’t think I cause any problem. She thought.

Kris saw that post-it notes. He pulled it off and threw it on a rubbish bin.

“What are you doing?” Naeun asked.

“Nothing, you are just ugly and fat.” Kris said coldly

“That’s what everyone had been saying to me today” She frowned.

“That’s the fact. Right?” Kris smirked. Naeun just nodded. Kris patted her head lightly and shook his head.

“You are beautiful. You know that?” Kris said which causes Naeun to be surprised over his sudden statement. Naeun’s cheek became rosy pink and she ran away childishly to prevent Kris from seeing her blushing.

“Cute..” Kris muttered.

I guess he likes me. She grinned and squealed. She happily danced at the middle of the hallway but stopped once she saw Kris. She straightened herself. “Aaah. Hmmm. Yeah.” Naeun said shyly.

Kris chuckled and patted her head again.

Naeun controlled herself and told herself not to squeals or else he will think that she is weird.

 

The next day,

Naeun decided to confess again but this time she is more confident than the last two confessions. “I’m sure Kris will accept me this time. Hwaiting!” Naeun said to herself confidently. It’s really rare to see a confident Naeun.

“Kris. I like you. No. I love you” Naeun said to Kris. Some of the students coincidentally heard their conversation. Kris was aware of the situation and the next scene was unpredictable.

“What the hell? You had confessed to me for 3 times already. Don’t you get it? First, I don’t like you. Second, I don’t like ugly and fat girls. Third, that is you.” Kris harshly said.

Naeun bit her lips to make sure she will not cry again but that statement is too harsh and it’s really hard for her to resist herself from crying.

“I hate you Kris. I hate you” She finally able to utter a word.

Since that humiliating tragedy happened, she motivates herself to lose weight. She did varieties of exercise and go on an extreme diet. “I can do this. Just wait Kris. I’ll make sure you are going to love me”

Three months had gone,

The ugly duckling turned into a beautiful swan. She went to the school back and the students were really surprised to see a beautiful girl with a curvy figure and without her glasses, she looks different. Most of the boys started to fight over her.

Kris who is oblivious to the news just found out when Naeun approached him. “Naeun?” Kris said. Naeun smirked. “Wow I didn’t expect you to find out this fast”

“You are different. Where is my chubby Naeun? I want my old Naeun back” Kris said which made Naeun mad at him.

“First you said that you don’t like her! Now you are searching for her! You know what?! I have been working hard for this in' nice figure that you want before. I just don’t understand you Kris. I had confess to you for 3 times! But what did I get? Nothing. You insulted and humiliated me infront of the students! I hate you Kris!!” Naeun let out all of her anger and cried in front of him. Kris felt surprised over her sudden outburst.

Naeun hit his chest while crying. “You are a bad man. Why do I have to love you? Even with what you did to me since we are just a kid.”

Kris hugged her. “Let me go!!! I don’t want to have a deep feeling for you again.” Naeun pushed him away but she is too weak which made Kris to hug her tightly.

Kris felt that there is no motion by Naeun. No words. No actions.

Kris looked at Naeun and he began to panic. “Yah! Naeun! Yah! Wake up!!” Kris shook her body but there is no response.

Kris lifts her up and brought her to the hospital.

“She is having a malnutrition problem. This is when someone lack of a proper nutrition. It’s possible because of a desire to lose weight but not in a proper way but don't worry she is going to be okay. She just needs some rest.” The doctor explained. Kris nodded and waits for Naeun to be conscious again.

After a half an hour,

Her eyes were half opened. “Kris?” She softly uttered. Kris looked at Naeun and immediately hug her. “I’m sorry. I’m sorry for being a jerk.” Kris said sincerely.

Naeun smiled. “Don’t do that again. I still hate you” Naeun said.

“I-I love you” Kris said. It was for the first time in her life, Kris said that to her. Not her. But he is the first one to confess.

“W-what?” Naeun asked again, she wanted to make sure she heard it right.

“I love you Naeun. I really love you” With that he kissed her and she gladly kissed him back.

“You are a jerk. You know that right?” Naeun said in between of their kiss.

“Yes. I know. I’m a jerk that really loves you” Kris smiled and continued to kiss her.