I Love You, Do Kyungsoo

Goodbye Summer

Play this: Goodbye Summer by F(x) Krystal, Luna and Amber ft. D.O of EXO


*He's here again.* In Na frowned at the sight of a boy sitting alone by the shore, not minding how cold the weather is. It's been a year since going to the beach and watching the sun set as his ritual. She would always see him there everyday at the exact place and at the exact time. 

"Kyungsoo-ah."

The boy did not bother looking at who called him and simply ignored her. He just kept staring at how the sun resigns to the horizon and give way to the night sky. But knowing In Na, she won't stop there.

"Kyungsoo-ah, it's getting cold already. Let's go back." she said. She hugged herself when a cold wind blew.

"Mind your own business."

"Kyung--"

"What do you want Seo In Na?" he asked with annoyance clear in his tone. He needs some time alone and by alone he means no companions or such. Just his lone self and the scenery in front of him.

When he calls her by her full name, she knows it is serious business. But come to think of it, when did he even call her only by her name? *He did. When SHE was still here.* she thought. In Na recounts the memories of the past. Childhood memories that she really treasures the most.

They were mostly the times when her best friend Minah was still here. *Minah...* Not only her best friend but also Kyungsoo's first love. His first love that had left him at the same time and on the same place he is sitting at. Remembering the past, In Na suddenly realizes something. *Couldn't be... He has not moved on?*

"I want to sit with you." she prepared to take the spot next to him.

"No. Go home." he said but she cut him off.

"Too late. I am already here and the last trip for the bus ride for home just left a few seconds ago."

Kyungsoo stared at her in disbelief and scoffed. "Suit yourself."

She secretly smiled as he surrenders to her stubborn self. After that, silence filled the air. Although she has a lot to say, she can't just burst it out in one shot. One wrong move might cost her to lose her important someone. Too bad for In Na, she is really itching to express her feelings right there and then.

Everything seems so wrong at that moment. Even after a year, she has not gotten used to it yet. When Minah left, it is like she took with her Kyungsoo's everything. Kyungsoo merely became a body living without a soul. He could even be called dead, if you would ask her. The Kyungsoo now was a whole lot different from the Kyungsoo she used to like.

Yeah, she likes Do Kyungsoo. The Kyungsoo who is bubbly and funny. The Kyungsoo who is helpful and a good cook. The Kyungsoo who loves to smile every time he looks at her. She misses him. She misses the boy whom she adored for years. She wants the old Kyungsoo back.

"I miss you, Do Kyungsoo." she unconsciously uttered her thought out, enough for Kyungsoo to hear. He turned to her only to see her crying.

"Why are you crying, Seo In Na?" he asked.

"Oh." In Na touched her cheeks and he was right. She indeed was crying. "This is nothing... Ha-ha-ha--"

He turned back to watching the sunset when he whispered. "I miss you, Do Kyungsoo."

In Na stiffened and gaped at him. He heard her? "W-what?"

"What did you mean by 'I miss you, Do Kyungsoo?' " he asked her.

In Na bit her lip as she thinks of the right words to say. Should she tell him? Or should she just keep it to herself like what she usually does?

"Minah..." she started.

Upon hearing the familiar name, it was now Kyungsoo's turn to stiffen. He let out a heavy sigh as he remembers his first love. He thinks it is time for him to talk about her. "What about her?"

"Do you still love her?"

That question hit him like a rock. Does he still love her? Well obviously because he is still coming at the place where she said goodbye to him. But a voice behind his mind is telling him the opposite. "I-I don't know..."

"What do you mean you don't know?"

"I never thought about it." he simply answered somehow implying that he doesn't want to talk anymore.

"Then how would you move on?"

Another question that stabbed him in the guts. Move on? It's his first time to hear that word again. He has not heard nor thought about it for a year. He was too focus on his sadness towards his love story that didn't even had the chance to start. The more he thinks about it, the more it hurts him that his story is there, unfinished and untouched. "Let us not talk about this, Seo In Na..."

"No. It is highly time for you to move on, Kyungsoo. Minah is long gone. Just accept that freaking fact." she stated bluntly. Kyungsoo did not like where the conversation was going. It was easier said than done.

"Why do you even care? If you are bothered with it, can you not just leave me alone and pretend you do not know me?" he gave her the glare that could chase anyone away. Unfortunately, In Na grew immuned from the glare she sees. In fact what he said irked her and decided to wake him up from his summer dream. *That's it. If talking won't budge him, then he would have to learn the hard way.*

"You ungrateful bastard... How dare you ask me to do that?!" she stood up, pulled him up and landed a solid punch on his face. Slapping was not her style so she went for the punch. Kyungsoo fell on the sand. The punch shook his system up and it deeply annoyed him. He sent her a death glare as he wipes off the blood on the corner of his lips.

"That hurt. What the hell was that for?!" he hissed at her.

"Oh so are you awake now?" 

"Look, whatever your problem is..."

"My problem is you so would you shut up for a while and listen? God, Kyungsoo. How can you be so thick and hard-headed?" she snapped at him. Seeing her angry after a while, Kyungsoo decided to shut up.

"For the past months -almost a year- I kept my mouth shut and tried to understand you instead. No matter how bothered I was to see you like this, I kept it all. I was hoping that one day, you'll come back to me with a smile on your face and return to what we were before Minah left. Was I wrong to ever hope that you'll be the same Kyungsoo I used to know?"

Kyungsoo wanted to say something but In Na didn't let him. Reality started dawning at him as In Na refused to stop talking.

"Seriously Do Kyungsoo. you've locked yourself up in a memory that's already gone. And you know what, you just lived up to the definition of stupidity." In Na's bottled up feelings seems to be escaping one by one and her best way to let it out is through her harsh words. It's not new for Kyungsoo. After all she was one of his childhood friend but it felt like he is going back again to the past where In Na would spat words as sharp as the swords in the fairytales.

"Stop being an idiot, Kyungsoo. You need to move on. The heavens let Minah leave for a reason and the only thing you need to do is accept it."

Kyungsoo blinked a lot of times. It was deja vu. She said the same things when his favorite pet died.

"Stop crying like an idiot, Kyungie-ah. You have to move on or Lacie won't like it. She won't leave you and she will be a ghost. You don't want a ghost living with you right? The heavens took Lacie for a reason, Kyungie~. And whatever it is, all that is left to do is to accept. I'm here for you, arasso? Let's buy a new pet for you!"

*She is still the same. Seo In Na... You never change...* Kyungsoo slightly softened at that moment.

"And one last thing, Kyungie-ah..." Kyungsoo stared at her sad eyes. She called him by his nickname when they were just but little brats. "Stop shutting everyone away from you. When you're sad, just say so. Your family and I will be there, also sad for you. What you feel will be twice the feeling for us. Do you know how it hurts being pushed away? Please Kyungsoo, anything but that." It was more like she's begging. But she doesn't care. If it is the only way to have her old friend back then so be it.

As In Na continues to drown him with her words of wisdom, Kyungsoo was reflecting on his own. Maybe In Na was right. Maybe he really needed to acknowledge the word moving on. Maybe... He could find someone else. Someone who he can love. Someone who is...

"Yah Do Kyungsoo! Are you even listening?!" he was pulled out of his train of thoughts when In Na hit him in the head.

*And I was starting to think she was great...* "Aish!!! I am listening so will you stop hitting me?" he rubbed the spot where he got hit.

"Now you shout at me. Geez Kyungsoo you should start getting a life." She rolled her eyes and stood up. *And maybe you should start noticing me to, don't you think?* In Na's inner thought.

"Where are you going Seo In Na?"

"To hell. You wanna come?" she sarcastically asked. The truth was she's planning to find a good place to dig her grave. It was just now that she realized how embarrasing her words were. Might as well let the ground eat her.

"Oh sure as long as it's with you." 

In Na's surprised expression was priceless. What he said was totally unexpected so she spun around only to meet his eyes. "W-what did you say?"

"I'm curious Seo In Na... Why are you doing this?"

*Oh I am not ready for this.* She took a deep breathe before staring in his eyes. This was now or never. "I, Seo Inna, have been long and unrequitedly in love with you, Do Kyungsoo. It's okay if the feeling's not mutual. Time will heal my broken heart and maybe some crazy antics like drowning myself in a sea of piranhas, I'm kidding though. Just don't push me away." 

Kyungsoo's eyes widened some more after hearing her little confession. *This girl is really unbelievable. She never fails to amuse me.* 

"Who ever told you that I won't be moving on? And for your information, Seo In Na... This will be the last time you will see me here in this very place. I was already saying goodbye to the bitter past when you came and began nagging at me." Kyungsoo smirked at her. He can't believe it. After saying he will move on, he felt like a heavy burden was lifted from his shoulders.

"R-really?"

"Really so will you stop that sad face because you look ugly with it." He laughed out loud while pointing at her face.

In Na puffed her cheeks in embarrassment"Ugh shut up, big eyes." She let out a small gasp when Kyungsoo hugged her. "K-Kyungie?"

"Well your so-called LOVE succeeded. I'm back, In Na..." he finally gave her a genuine smile. The smile she has been yearning to see all her life. Plus he called her by her name again. How she missed to hear it.

She buried her face in his chest and hugged him tight. "Welcome back, Kyungie." *Finally... It's goodbye summer and hello love for me...*

"By the way, you were really cheesy with your confession. From which movie or drama did you get it? Or maybe you just googled it?"

"Shut up dork!"

*Or maybe not...*