What Should I Do?

Perfect Match

An alarm clock buzzed off early in the morning and a young girl who looked like a Barbie doll quickly turned it off, waking up from her deep sleep. She yawned as she stole a glance at the alarm clock. It was 6:15a.m.

Oh, who's that girl? She's Shin Yoonjo, a sixteen year old girl studying in Seoul Arts High which is five kilometres away from her house. She's an only child so it's easier for her parents to take care of her because of her attitude.

Yoonjo rubbed her swallow eyes and yawned again. She thought, Ugh. I shouldn't stayed up late watching stupid romance movies while talking to Alice and Ara online.

She got off her bed and took a pink towel from a cabinet near her bed, walking straight towards her bathroom to take a nice, refreshing shower. After her shower, Yoonjo dried her hair and wore her school uniform then brushed her hair in front of the mirror before braiding it.

Yoonjo glanced at the alarm clock again and now, it was 6:25a.m. She took her backpack which was on a couch next to her wardrobe, slinging it over her shoulders and turned off the switches before going downstairs. She then entered the kitchen, seeing her parents having breakfast.

"Good morning, Yoonjo-ah," Yoonjo's mother, Mrs. Shin greeted her daughter while pouring coffee into her husband's cup.

"Good morning, eomma.." Yoonjo looked at her mother with half-lidded eyes, waving slightly at her mother. She sat next to her father and yawned loudly, cupping .

"Why are you so sleepy, Yoonjo? I thought you slept early last night."

"I watched movies while talking to Alice and Ara online, eomma." Yoonjo quickly ate her peanut butter toast, chewing on it slowly.

"Oh, I see." Mrs. Shin didn't mind that though. Alice and Ara are two of Yoonjo's best friends in school and Yoonjo has two more which in a result - she has four best friends. These five friends including Yoonjo live in the same neighbourhood.

Yoonjo drank her glass of orange juice and looked at the wall clock in front of her. It was 6:35a.m. School starts at 7a.m. but she wanted to be early since she wanted to meet Alice and Ara at the bus stop to walk to school together.

"I'll be going now. Goodbye, appa, eomma." Yoonjo waved at her parents while getting off her chair and dashed towards the main doors, wearing her school shoes and stockings. She then walked on the sidewalk towards the bus stop.

"YAH, SHIN YOONJO! HEY, YOONJO-AH, WE'RE HERE!"

Alice and Ara waved crazily like maniacs at the nearby bus stop as they waited for Yoonjo. 

"Yah, you two, stop shouting in the mornings!" Yoonjo covered her ears and sighed deeply as she approached Alice and Ara. This is a daily routine for her and she's fine with their 4D attitudes.

Alice and Ara then quickly dragged Yoonjo towards their school which was three kilometres away from the bus stop.


As the three girls arrived at the main entrance of Seoul Arts High, everybody watched as Alice and Ara kept on dragging Yoonjo which made Yoonjo facepalm. 

"Ugh, these two girls are embarrassing me!" Yoonjo mumbled, hoping her two 4D best friends won't hear it.

After dragging Yoonjo towards her locker, Yoonjo stood up and straightened her body posture, grinning widely. "Well, thanks for the so-called morning "ride", girls. I really enjoyed it."

Aice and Ara chuckled as they went to open their lockers which are next to Yoonjo's. Yoonjo then opened her locker as she felt a tap on her right shoulder.

She blinked and turned around, her lips curling into a smile. It was Taeyeon, her sunbaenim who was studying in eleventh grade.

"Oh, ahnyeonghaseyo, Taeyeon sunbae! What brings you here?" Yoonjo tilted her head to the side.

"Well, two boys asked me to give you these. They said they were too shy." Taeyeon gave Yoonjo two white envelopes which made Yoonjo's cheeks strawberry red, her hands trembling and her heart racing.

"O-Oh, g-gomawo, sunbae." Yoonjo bowed her head and received the envelopes, looking at them one by one. Taeyeon bid goodbye and waved cheerfully at the Barbie doll-like girl. 

Yoonjo waved back and slowly ripped the envelope a little, only to find that there was a letter inside. She took the letter which was folded into two and she unfolded the letter, reading it quickly.

Yah, Yoonjo-ah, I was wondering that if we could meet at the library during recess, I need your help with our homework and you can help me study too! After you eat, you better rush over here because I'll be waiting.

So, see you soon, okay?

XOXO Baekhyun

Yoonjo widened her eyes and eyed the letter suspiciously. This best friend of hers is really.. uh, mysterious because in class, he always stares at Yoonjo like she's a ghost or something like that. To be honest, Yoonjo has a crush on him but she's too shy to confess.

"Hm, I wonder who sent me the second letter," Yoonjo mumbled again, ripping the second envelope a little as well and took the letter inside. She unfolded it and read the letter, batting her eyelashes.

Hello, Yoonjo-ah! How's your day? I hope it's perfectly fine. Anyway, can we meet at the field today during recess? It's because there's a football match against the other school beside us so I could really need a supporter. 

Can you just go for the sake of our friendship for four years? I hope you can go though, thanks a bunch!

XOXO Chanyeol

Yoonjo's heart began to race again and her head was spinning! Well, this fourth best friend of hers is almost the same as Baekhyun. It's just that he's too happy all the time and this earns him the "Happy Virus" nickname. Also, Yoonjo has a crush on him too!

Yoonjo then widened her eyes again, looking at the word 'XOXO' on each letter. She scratched her head and folded the both letters into two before putting them into her locker. She turned to Alice and Ara, who were gossiping with each other.

"Um, Alice, Ara."

"Yes, Yoonjo?" Alice asked Yoonjo as she batted her eyelashes and looked at the girl. So did Ara.

"What does the word, 'XOXO' mean?"

"Well, I remembered that X means kiss and.."

"O means hug!" Ara smirked in victory as she cut off Alice's words, winking teasingly at the girl.

"So, do you mean, 'XOXO' means kiss and hug?"

Alice and Ara nodded before looking at each other with a blank face plastered on their faces. They shrugged and looked back at Yoonjo.

"Yoonjo-ah, why are you asking us this? Do you have a secret admirer?" Ara used her teasing voice as usual.

Yoonjo shook her head innocently, closing her locker door as her heart started to race again. "It's nothing, girls. Let's go to class."

She, Alice and Ara linked their arms as they walked the stairs towards the class. Now, Yoonjo had to deal with two situations and two of her best friends and crushes! She didn't want to disappoint them because she loved, adored and admired them so much!

Also she was going to meet those two in class and they were sitting not far from her place which was really terrifying. Yoonjo wanted to face-palm again. She didn't know what to do. She'll be dead meat for sure!

She thought, Oh God, what should I do?


A/N: Hello, my dear readers! The first chapter's posted and I hope it doesn't disappoint you guys. I'm sorry because this isn't a double update and this chapter's short since it's already Friday here in Malaysia and it's nearing 1a.m. I'm staying up just to update this. It's a good thing that my grandparents' house has internet access.

I'll update tomorrow if I can and see who's the one Yoonjo's going to pick! Anyway, do subscribe, comment, upvote (if you can) and support! I'll appreciate all of those and thanks a bunch. Also thanks for the comments which motivated me to update this story. So, we'll meet again at the next chapter!

Lots of love from the author.