A Dream Come True 1/1

A Dream Come True

A Dream Come True

An Arashi Fan Fiction

 

Aoi Takeuchi wasn’t used to waking up in the middle of the night. But as she woke up, panting from a crazy dream, she felt very sure that it was real. Her dream was about her long time crush—Jun Matsumoto—her childhood friend.

They’ve been friends for a long time now but he’s now a famous singer in a pop group. Nowadays, they only see each other once in a while. It has been almost two months since they last saw one another and she had just dreamt herself confessing to him.

I’m missing Jun-chan already, she thought. She jumped out of bed and checked the calendar near her laptop. Still two days before I’ll get to see him.

Jun and the members of Arashi—the Japanese pop group that he belongs to, were scheduled back to Tokyo tomorrow. Jun promised her that they will see each other the next day.

Aoi looked at the clock in her laptop and seeing that it was just three in the morning, she decided to call Jun later than now. "He’s probably still sleeping," she said to herself.

She started to log in on her website and started to write on her blog. She was a fan of Arashi ever since Jun became a singer and an actor. She writes about their shows, movies and concerts.

It was already five when she decided to get back to sleep before the sun rises. She wanted to surprise Jun the next day so she decided to get some things from the mall as soon as she wakes up. She fell asleep right away the instant her head hit the pillow. Dreams followed the moment she fell to the R.E.M. stage of her sleep.

 

"Wait for me, Jun," Aoi shouted as Jun ran towards the train station in Harajuku.

"Catch me if you can!" Jun retorted as she followed him, panting all the way.

Jun was taller than her about four inches and his legs were longer. With this, she barely caught up with him. As she tried to hold his shirt, she woke up.

Her pillow and sheets were covered with sweat. It was already eleven in the morning and the sun was striking hot, shining its rays directly on her.

"Freakishly bad dream," she mused as climbed out of her pink and white, Hello Kitty bed.

She went to the shower and cleansed her body, taking out all of the stress from the dream she had. Dream… Wasn’t it a nightmare?

She didn’t think that she would like Jun since she thought of him as her older brother. In fact, when they were younger, they used to take baths together in hot springs.

As she finished her shower, she stepped out of the bath and dried herself with a clean towel. Making sure that she got her hair and body dry, she put on her aquamarine colored dress with streaks of green on the lining.

She curled her hair with an iron and put on light make up just to add color to her skin. To finish off her attire, she wore her brown boots.

Looking at herself in the mirror, she took in all of her features. She had a black hair with brown highlights, dark eyes and long lashes, full lips and an up-turned nose.

She was attractive in an anime-like way. Even her body was picturesque. All in all, Aoi was pretty.

As she set her things in her bag, she checked the sight out the window. The wind was making the leaves of the trees move fast.

With the breeze outside, she was sure that it was going to rain in a little while. She brought a coat and an umbrella just in case it might rain harder than she thought it would.

 

***

 

"Get lost!" Sho Sakurai shouted as Kazunari Ninomiya threw him an opened bottle of water, splashing his face.

Jun, Ohno Satoshi and Aiba Masaki were stifling their laughs. They knew that Sho will run around the room just to catch Nino and smack his face.

Nino was amused with himself as he ran away from Sho’s reach. He was a little shorter than Sho but he runs really fast if his life was on the line.

It was already ten o’clock in the morning, a typical day for the group. Pranks and mischief were the boys’ main traits besides being good dancers and singers. There wasn’t any day that the boys pulled a joke on one of the members of Arashi or worse, on other people.

Running around in circles, Sho and Nino soon then got tired and just slumped on the chocolate-brown couch along with the others.

Ohno and Aiba were playing Wii while Jun was in the far corner, staring real hard on the screen of his laptop.

The two boys were in the heat of their game; Nino and Sho were already watching and cheering them. Jun was too engrossed in his own world and he didn’t even notice that the boys were planning to throw him into the pool.

 

Suddenly, Jun’s cell phone vibrated. He took it out from his pocket. He flipped it open and saw that there was a new message.

Hi, Jun-chan. How’s the trip? See you soon!

It was a message from Aoi. He was about to send his reply when the boys took his phone from his hands and threw it to the floor.

"Hey! What’s the big deal?" he exclaimed.

"One, two, three!" shouted Ohno, Aiba, Nino and Sho all at once and carried Jun out to the pool area.

Swinging Jun like a jump rope, the boys were really enjoying tormenting their friend.

"Ready, go!"

Splash goes the water and minutes later, Jun was now cursing the others as he chased them. He already forgot about the message that his childhood friend sent him.

 

***

 

          It was already Saturday and Arashi were scheduled to fly back to Tokyo. The sun was up, but the wind was cool. Fans were waving Arashi goodbye, excited to see their faces one last time.

          Ohno, Jun, Aiba and Nino were already outside the hotel’s lobby but they were still waiting for Sho to get out of their room.

          "Hey, leader, where’s Sho?" asked Aiba, scratching his head while looking intently at the hotel’s elevator.

          "I think he’s still tying his shoelaces," replied Ohno nonchalantly.

          As expected of Sho to be this late. He’s the one who gets excited when they were already going home but he’s also always the last one to get out.

          Sho was still sleeping. The sheets were all over the floor and he was half , wearing only his boxer shorts, sprawled on the bed. He got totally drunk last night while drinking with Aiba and Jun.

          After twenty minutes of waiting, the boys got tired and soon went to check on Sho. "I thought you said he was already tying his laces?" Nino asked Ohno.

          They were looking at Sho’s drooling face as he snored loudly.

          "I didn’t think he’d be dead today," Ohno replied. "He even talked to me last night saying that he was excited."

          "He’s not dead," retorted Aiba as he checked Sho’s pulse.

          The boys slowly turned their faces towards him. Staring at Aiba with disapproving faces, they chorused, "It was a joke!"

          The boys laughed so loudly that Sho stirred. "You’re so noisy!"

          "Shut up, Sho and wake up!" Jun exclaimed.

          "Get up!"

          "Yeah, get up!"

          They jumped up and down on the bed to wake Sho up. After minutes of trying, they got him to change his clothes and they went to the bus.

 

          On board, as usual, the boys were making mischief. Since Sho was still hungover, he got back to snoring as soon as he slumped on a chair.

          Jun looked around for a black marker and signalled the others to do as well. When the boys came back near Sho, each with one marker, they drew on his face.

          Laughing as they walked back to each respective seat, Jun still wasn’t finished. He instead tied Sho’s shoe laces to the bus seat and then he sat next to him.

          Wiping off the smile from Jun’s face was a message from Aoi. She was already waiting for him at the bus station in central Tokyo.

          She had been there for about two hours already. Jun was frustrated since he’s a little bit responsible for their delay. He wasn’t sure how he’ll be able to make it up to her. Instead, he just immediately sent his reply to her.

          Sorry. We got delayed. Sho woke up late and were behind the schedule. We’re still going to Johnny’s first.

          Ohno nudged Nino, "Look at Jun," then pointed to Jun’s pained face.

          "What happened?" Nino asked Ohno silently.

          "No idea," Ohno said.

          "What are you guys talking about?" Aiba asked loudly.

          "Shut up, Aiba!" they hissed.

          "Why? What did I do?" Aiba asked.

          "Stupid."

They were already near Johnny’s when Jun’s phone vibrated and he checked the reply.

          Sure. It’s alright. What time will I be seeing you?

          I’ll be there by lunchtime.

          Alright. I’ll see you.

          Sorry, Ao-chan.

 

          The boys rushed to the building the instant the bus stopped at the parking lot of Johnny’s, carrying their bags. Jun was the first one to enter the chief’s room followed by the others.

          Johnny Kitagawa, wearing a black suit, was seated in the big chair in the meeting room. He greeted the group as they sat on the chairs surrounding him.

"How was the tour?" Johnny asked Ohno, the group’s leader who won through a game of janken.

"It was good," he replied, "We had fun and the fans enjoyed the song line-up."

"Well," Johnny continued, "I guess you’re ready for the next one."

 

***

 

          "You were fantastic this last tour," Aoi stated, "I watched the concert."

          Jun and Aoi were already in Jun’s apartment. They were watching a movie that Aoi rented especially for today.

          "Thanks," Jun replied, "I appreciate that coming from you."

          Aoi blushed but she hid it from him. She’s a little reserved, having the dream, she felt shy at the moment.

          The movie continued playing. Aoi was still, stiff and silent and Jun noticed that on his friend. He didn’t know what was wrong. Aoi was unusually quiet, he was getting concerned.

          "Hey," getting Aoi’s attention, "Is there anything wrong?"

          "Eh?" shocked that Jun noticed. Still she didn’t answer and she just continued to stare at the TV.

          "Ao-chan, you didn’t answer me."

          "Sorry, I’m just a little tired," she lied.

          "You’re not tired," Jun said, moving closer to Aoi.

          Aoi stiffened at Jun’s motion. Her heart was moving faster and her mind was going blank.

 

          Moments later, Aoi stirred. She was now lying on the futon. What happened? She couldn’t remember what happened after Jun moved close to her earlier.

          "Good, you’re awake."

          Jun just finished making ramen and sushi. He was wearing a white apron with the word ‘Sushi’.

"I made dinner." Saying this, he put the food on the table.        "I also called Auntie and said that I’ll be having you stay over the night."

          "What happened to me?" Aoi asked as she slowly righted herself on the futon.

          "You collapsed after I kissed you," he replied casually.

          Aoi’s eyes widened. She didn’t know if Jun was joking since Jun’s face was serious but he was known for his weird pranks.

"Sorry about that. It was my first time to get kissed," she replied, going along with what he said to her.

"I know," he retorted, "And I know that you’re thinking that it was a joke."

He then swiftly went to her side and kissed on the lips. He held her softly that Aoi melted into his hands.

 

I had been waiting all this time to show her I like her, Jun thought. It’s about time that I told her my feelings.

"Now, Ao-chan," Jun whispered, "are you still sure that I was telling a lie?"

She just nodded as a response. Aoi was already floating on Jun’s chocolate eyes.

"I like you," Jun said softly. "Aoi, be my girl."

He kissed her again, tender and sweet. With the movies that he had made, he was sure he’s a good kisser.

"You’re good, Jun-chan," said Aoi.

"Practice makes perfect," Jun said teasingly.

It was the greatest feeling Aoi had ever felt. They were already together. She didn’t have to confess. He was the one who showed her that he liked her as well.

 

FIN