Mutual Decision

Love Pain

Inside the living room with Hyoyeon and Sehun..

Hyoyeon tried to smile, as Sehun gaze at her.

“Sehun-ah..”

“Noona.. I came here to talk things through.” Sehun started.

Hyoyeon sighed. She knows where the conversation will go.

“Do.. Do you still love me?” Sehun suddenly asked.

“How.. How could you ask something like that, ofcourse..”

But Sehun cut her off. “Look me in the eyes, tell me.. If you still love me.” He commanded, as he moves closer to her.

Hyoyeon held Sehun’s face and stared at him deeply. “Oh Sehun.. I still and will forever love you.”

Sehun slowly took her hands of his face. “But.. why do we have to be like this?”

Hyoyeon could not follow through what Sehun was trying to tell her.

“Even before.. I always had to sacrifice, cause I know Im not the one you like.”

“Sehun..”

“Do you still like Yunho hyung?”

“Sehun-ah..” Hyoyeon’s voice was stuttering signaling that she is about to cry.

“So.. you have your memory back huh???… Why do I always have to worry of losing you to him.. Why couldn’t I be assured that the moment I look away from you, you wouldn’t be with him?” Sehun started crying as well.

Hyoyeon tries to wipe her tears away but she couldn’t stop it from falling, especially seeing Sehun at the moment. He looks hurt, badly, and that’s the least that she wanted to see.

“Mianhae Sehun.” She clasped her hands together over her legs, looking down, feeling guilty. “Im sorry if I made you feel like this, it was not my intention.”

Sehun could not look at her crying like that, but if this is the only way they could fix and end things that needs to be done, he needs to endure it.

“Im sorry if I was not the girlfriend that is always beside you.. You don’t deserve to feel like this Sehun-ah. Im a bad girlfriend..” Hyoyeon keeps wiping the tears away.

Sehun held her hand. “You’re one of the best things that happened to my life. You made me the happiest guy on earth everytime you tell me you love me. You made me feel complete.. the same time I also felt the worse feeling a guy could ever feel. Maybe.. the timing was wrong? Maybe, we’re not ready? I want to keep blaming everything else instead of ourselves because noona… In the end, I still want you. I still love you, and I want to live the rest of my life with you.”

Hyoyeon started playing with Sehun’s hand as her heart is about to explode with all the sweet things Sehun is saying.

Even though I wanted to be selfish.. Even though I would gladly ask you to marry me this very moment..” Sehun paused.

Hyoyeon was surprised with the younger guy’s sudden confession. Would Sehun really do that?

“I won’t do it...If I’ll keep you to myself, if I force you, I know I’ll lose you the worst way ever.. Noona, I’ll let you go.” Sehun broke down into a flood of tears once he said those words.

Hyoyeon closed her eyes as she rested her head on the sofa, trying to stop a sudden gush of tears from coming out.

“I want to give you the time and space, to figure everything, to find the person that will make you happy… And eventually, come back to me.. ” Sehun pulled her and made her look at him. Sehun smiled. “but that’s for you to find out.. and that’s for me to wait.”

“I- I hate you..” Hyoyeon tackled Sehun with the tightest hug she can give her, as she rested her chin on his shoulder and cried her heart out. “I hate you for being so perfect.

Sehun returned the hug to Hyoyeon as he pats her back. “And when you love somebody.. You have to set them free.”

Sehun slowly pulled Hyoyeon away from him. “I love you to the edge of the world.. to the end of nothing, but I have to do this..” He planted a kiss on her forehead.

Hyoyeon closed her eyes as she feels Sehun’s soft lips touches her forehead. “I will always love you to the moon & back.”

Sehun pulled away from Hyoyeon, quickly stood up and walked out of the house without even looking back for the last time or even saying his goodbye.

 

Hyoyeon thought it was for the better as well. She wants to keep the relationship she had with Sehun, but it seems so unfair that Sehun suffers without her knowing. It was so unfair that Sehun was staying true to her, only keeps his eyes on her, but on the other hand, she likes another guy.

“I will try… to find out whats the best for me Sehun-ah. I will find my happiness, but my life would never be the same if you’re not going to be a part of it. ” Hyoyeon said as she stares at the door that Sehun just walked out to.

 

 

With Sehun..

Once he closed the door, he silently cried. He wanted to look at her for the last time, but he reminded himself that he should not look back or he will get used to keep looking after her, which he should avoid.

Sehun slowly walked to his car, with a very heavy feeling in his chest.

“I won’t be selfish.. so I’m letting you go.” He said to himself and took a small box in his pocket. He opened the box and revealed a diamond ring. “I could’ve ask you to marry me.. but I want you whole-heartedly.”

He started the car engine and waited for a few minutes to drive off.

 

 

An hour left before Baekhyun arrives, and Hyoyeon is preparing to go to the airport.

Once Baekhyun stepped out of the arrival door, he saw his cousin sitting at the chair, looking for him.

Baekhyun run towards Hyoyeon as he gave her a hug, a typical affection of Baekhyun to the older girl.

“I missed you too Baekhyun-ah.”  Hyoyeon gave back Baekhyun’s hug.

“A-ha!” Baekhyun pulled away from her and smiled.

Hyoyeon looked at Baekhyun weirdly.

“You got your memory back.” Baekhyun smirked as he leaned closer to her.

“H-how did…”

“Noona. The Kim Hyoyeon that has amnesia finds me annoying. You wouldn’t hug me tight and even miss me.” Bakhyun pouted.

Hyoyeon smiled. She messed Baekhyun’s hair. “Youre the most annoying person at times, but Baekhyun, you make everyone feel at ease, and you know when to stop.”

Hyoyeon gave another hug to the younger cousin she treats as her real younger brother.

 

When they were eating dinner..

“Does this mean we’ll be going back to Korea anytime soon?” Baekhyun asked.

Hyoyeon smiled and shook her head. “You want to return already?”

Baekhyun shook his head. “I still have a lot of exploring to do.”

“Then we won’t return yet..” Hyoyeon looked at her food. “Not yet..”

“Noona.. What happened?” Baekhyun started to ask.

“Mwo?”

“You’ve been crying all day?” Baekhyun asked. “Your eyes are all puffy. I just didn’t want to ruin your mood earlier.”

Hyoyeon sighed. “Se-Sehun and I broke up.”

“Mworago?” Baekhyun had his mouth wide open with the news Hyoyeon spilled to him.

“He was just here earlier.” Hyoyeon remembered what happened earlier that made her sad. She looked out the window and stayed quiet.

“Noona.. Im sorry..” Baekhyun said.

“It’s alright.. It was a mutual decision.” Hyoyeon took a deep breath trying to fight the tears from coming out.

Baekhyun wrapped his arms around her shoulder and made Hyo lean on his shoulder. He was the only support Hyoyeon have at the moment, and she was relieved that it is Baekhyun. Atleast she wouldn’t have to think about her siblings worrying too much about her. She knows Baekhyun would accompany her in a way she approves.