Chapter1

Promise

 

6 years old Jessica

 

“Please don’t cut away her hair. She will look so ugly.” Young Jessica cried when a couple of boys came and snatched her Barbie away. The boys ignored her and proceeded to cut the fake hair.

 

“Yah! Didn’t she say please? Return the Barbie to her.” Yuri walked towards the bullies and scolded them. Jessica ran behind him and sobbed.

 

“Who are you? Why should we listen to you?” The group of bullies stepped nearer to the tanned boy, looking at him menacingly.

 

Yuri didn’t move an inch even though they’re bigger in numbers; he stood there emotionlessly, staring back at them.

One of the boys raised his fist and attempted to punch Yuri, which he dodged it agilely and then responded with a kick. Unluckily for Yuri, the teacher in the orphanage saw the scene and punished him; not giving him dinner that day.

 

“Sorry, oppa.” Jessica stood in front of the sitting Yuri, with both her hands at the back.

“It’s okay, Sooyeon-ah.” Yuri patted the little girl’s head. She brought forward her hand with a hotdog bun.

 

“Eh? For oppa?” Yuri asked and Jessica nodded happily.

“Thank you.” He stood up and pecked her cheek.

 

12 years old Jessica

 

She was at the age where she’s curious of hugging, kissing and love. Yuri found herself a girlfriend and Jessica happened to see them kissing. She was upset; she felt like someone took away her favorite oppa from her.

 

That night, Jessica and Yuri were out in the park after dinner. They sat on the bench and talked about what happened in school when suddenly Jessica kissed Yuri on his lips.

 

“Sooyeon-ah!” Yuri pushed her away hardly.

“Why did you kiss me?” He asked sternly that scare Jessica.

 

“W-Why can’t I? I saw Victoria unnie kissing you too.” She tear-up slightly.

 

“Kissing is for two people in love. You can’t kiss people anyhow you like.” Yuri softened his tone when he realized he’s too fierce.

 

“But I love you. Oppa, you love me too, right? So we could kiss.” Jessica smiled innocently. Yuri knew there’s no way for her to understand at the moment, so he just gave in.

 

“Yeah, But we couldn’t kiss in front of others, only in private, alright?” Jessica didn’t answer and just leaned in to capture his lips again. This time, Yuri didn’t push her away but responded passionately.

 

That was their first kiss together, but it’s not the last. Every night when they’re alone, they would kiss. Jessica love kissing her favorite oppa while Yuri seems addicted to her lips and couldn’t push her away.

 

15 years old Jessica

 

Jessica finally understood why she couldn’t just kiss anyone but she still didn’t stop kissing Yuri every night. Yuri had also broken up with Victoria long ago and didn’t have another girlfriend anymore.

 

Girls cannot go near boys’ dorm and vice versa, however Yuri and Jessica always were able to sneak into each other’s’ room. They both were lying side by side on Yuri’s bed.

 

“Oppa, Donghae confessed to me this afternoon.” Jessica said while facing Yuri.

 

“WHAT?” Yuri exclaimed and turned to face her.

“D-Did you accept him?”

 

“No. I don’t love him.” Yuri smiled, obviously relieved by her answer.

 

“Sooyeon-ah, I love you. Not as a dongsaeng, but as a woman. I know many guys were interested in you, which is why I confess now.” He cupped Jessica’s face gently.

 

“O-Oppa.” She widened her eyes, shocked at how straight-forward Yuri was.

 

“You don’t have to answer now. I’ll give you time to think about it.”

 

Jessica leaned in and pecked his lips.

“Oppa, I’ve been waiting for you to ask this question. I love you too.”

 

They continued kissing and both got more and more aggressive. Jessica tightened her gripped on Yuri’s neck while he rolled over and was hovering on top of her.

 

He slipped his hand into her shirt and caressed her . The passionate kiss turned into an intense tongue battle. Yuri’s hand travelled to the front and came in contact with Jessica’s chest which made her moaned. The husky triggered his hormones and he got rougher. He removed the bra and shirt that’s getting in the way before he squeezed the bare lightly.

 

Jessica took off Yuri’s top, revealing his well-defined abs. He tried to take off Jessica’s shorts but got stopped.

“O-Oppa. I’m scared.”

“Sooyeon, believe me.” With that, the night carried on and Yuri took away Jessica’s ity.

 

18 years old Jessica

 

Their relationship was very stable and they were so compatible that they earned the nickname “Yulsic” from the teachers and friends in orphanage. Yuri had reached the age where he had to leave the orphanage so he decided to pursue his studies overseas.

 

The two were sitting on the one of the benches along the park.

“Oppa, you’re leaving tomorrow?”

“Yes, in the morning.”

 

“You’re leaving me alone..” Jessica pouted sadly.

 

“You know how much I love you that I would die without you. But the only way for us to have a good life in the future is studies.” Yuri placed his hand on her waist and pulled her closer to him.

 

“I know, but you’re going to be back soon, right?”

“This course only required two years. I promised I’ll be back after I graduate.”

 

Both stayed in silence after the conversation. They’re just enjoying the warmth of each other.

 


 

PRESENT (23 years old Jessica)

 

It had been 5 years since Yuri went to San Francisco but there’s no news of him. Jessica was upset but she’s still waiting because she believes Yuri would not break his promise.

 

She was tired after a day of working. She laid herself on the bed before glancing at the photo on the side-table.

‘Yuri oppa, I miss you. You promised you’ll be back, so you will, right?’ Jessica thought as she sobbed silently.

 

She grew up to become a beautiful lady and had no lack of suitors, even those famous K-pop idols. However she rejected all the guys and often spent her night at home crying alone.

 

--

 

Meanwhile in San Francisco,

“Baby, can we go Korea for our honeymoon? I want to take a look at your hometown.” a red-haired woman asked while scrolling through the website.

 

“As long as you love it, princess.” A certain tanned guy laid his forehead on her neck, inhaling her sweet scent.

 

“Get off me, it’s ticklish~” She giggled.

“Huh? What you say?” The guy began tickling the blonde on her waist. She struggled and tried running away, which failed to. He carried the woman up and pinned her onto the bed.

 

“Baby~” She panted hardly.

“Ahaha! Princess, you’re so cute.” He leaned in and gave her a peck on her forehead, before standing up.

 

“I’ll go book the air-tickets now.” The tanned guy was about to walk away when he realized his wife pouting.

 

“Eh? Why?” He sat beside her, hands over her shoulder.

“…”

 

“Princess~ Wifey~ talk to me prease~” He said in his fail ageyo; and it successfully made the red-haired laughed.

 

“Yah, I told you not to show ageyo right?”

 

“But it can make you laugh, see.” The guy stated happily.

“So mind telling me what’s wrong?” He asked his wife again.

 

“You kiss my forehead not my lips.” She turned her head away from her husband.

 

The tanned guy cupped her face and captured her lips gently. The red-haired placed her delicate hands on his neck and pulled him in, not leaving any gap in between their body. The newly-wed couple only separated when oxygen was necessary.

 

“I’m sorry, princess.”

“It’s not your fault.”

 

“I’ll kiss you 100 times a day. Don’t be sick of my kisses alright?” He said.

Right after he finished the sentence, the red-haired leaned in to kiss him again.

 

“I won’t get tired of it. I love you.” She snuggled on his chest.

“I love you much more.” The man whispered huskily on her ear.

 

Two days later,

‘Korea, I’m finally back.’ A tanned guy breathes in and smiled widely.