final

Russian Roulette

A/N: A short little idea that popped into my head. I hope you like it!

 

They sat down, five men filing in warily.

One was already seated.

He stared at the others with a smirk on his lips as they looked at each other with huge, guarded eyes.

There were six in all.

One of the men snapped in the tense atmosphere, unable to take the anticipation any further.

“Cut the bull, Kris.” He spat out the name with disgust. “Just tell us why we’re here and get it over with so we can leave.”

Kris folded his hands together and leaned lethargically over the table to rest his chin on his hands.

He patronizingly cooed, “Patience, Kai. We don’t want anyone to get hurt.”

Another man looked up, a scowl on his childish face and a glare in his lined eyes. “Don’t you mean, anyone to get hurt more than needed?”

Kris nodded. “Exactly, Baekhyun.  Now, you all know why you’re here, am I right?”

“No, not ing really.” A man with unruly hair and glasses muttered, running his hands quickly through his hair.

He set down his hands and set them into his lap and out of sight.

Kris paused, waiting a couple seconds to stir up more of the delicious anxiety he was creating.

He broke the silence by slamming down hand on the cold countertop of the table, making a loud sound that sounded almost like a gunshot.

“Really, Chanyeol? Is that so.”

His tone, which had been light and dangerously calm before, had deepened into a threatening, husky growl.

Kris pulled out a revolver, lazily waving it around in the air.

“There’s a traitor in our little team, which I do not appreciate- at all. However, I’m going to give them a second chance with this. Or maybe not. Maybe someone innocent will die. Who knows?”

Kris smiled, his teething shining in the harsh light that shined down from the single light bulb in the room.

The other five knew better than relax.

It was a smile of a predator, waiting to destroy the prey, ready to tear flesh apart and drink the blood.

“Let’s play a game, yes? You all know how to play Russian roulette.”

The icy looking man sitting across the table rolled his eyes. “Of course, it was our initiation. That’s how we all got into the gang. Whether we wanted it or not.”

Sehun thought the last part silently.

Kris’s smile grew even bigger.

“How... fitting. It’s how you entered this world of ours, and that’s how someone will leave.”

He pulled out the cylinder, showed the bullet to everyone, and pushed it into the chamber.

He spun the cylinder and snapped it back into place.

A wide eyed man frantically asked, “What’s the point? Do you even know who the traitor is? What if the traitor doesn’t die? Like you said, what if it’s someone innocent?”

The words spilled out in a rush as he broke down under the pressure.

Kris chuckled, a low and unnerving sound that hung in the air much longer than it should have.

“I know who the traitor is already, D.O. Don’t worry your pretty little head over it. If the traitor doesn’t die, it doesn’t matter. If he does die, that’s fine too. It’s a game, D.O. Don’t take it too seriously.”

“But it’s a game that could potentially end my life. It ing matter a whole lot to me.” D.O. cried out hysterically.

Kai gently touched D.O.’s thigh, attempting to calm him down a little and to remind him to keep in line.

D.O. flinched at the touch, surprised at the sudden warmth on his leg.

Kris didn’t say a word in response, instead choosing to spin the cylinder again.

“Here, I’ll start then.”

He snapped the cylinder back in, playing around with the revolver by waving it around his face, pressing it against his lips, his cheeks, taking a deep whiff of the metal.

Like a snake, he swiftly pressed the muzzle against his temple and squeezed the trigger.

There was a clicking sound as Kris let go of the trigger.

The chamber was empty.

Kris silently passed it to the next person.

Baekhyun, gulped nervously, looking around at everyone else.

They stared back with their guarded eyes or looked away, unwilling to meet his gaze.

Only Chanyeol looked directly into Baekhyun’s eyes, motioning him to go on with a slight movement of his head.

He took in a deep breath and pulled the trigger slowly.

Click.

Baekhyun exhaled sharply and passed it to the next person, as if the gun was a hot iron that was going to burn him at any given second.

Kai gazed at the gun, inspecting every detail as if there might be a loophole to get him out of this.

Seeing none, he held it to his head, in a deep breath and holding it.

He pressed the trigger.

Click.

He held onto the gun, reluctant to hand it to the next person.

Kris motioned him to pass it on with a sharp toss with his head.

He unwillingly handed it to D.O.

D.O. quickly held to his head and squeezed the trigger, trying to get it over with as soon as possible.

Click.

Sehun’s turn passed just as quickly.

He let out a silent sigh of relief as the gun clicked.

Chanyeol smirked as he held the gun to his head, knowing for that he was the last one to go.

There was one chamber left.

They all knew it was loaded.

Baekhyun spluttered,”That’s suicide, Chanyeol. You know it’s loaded. You can probably get away if you just leave now. Put the gun down.”

Kris raised an eyebrow, asking Baekhyun if he was really urging Chanyeol to rebel, to betray him.

Baekhyun wilted into his seat.

Chanyeol laughed, a chilling sound that sent shivers up Baekhyun, Kai, D.O., and Sehun’s backs.

“Don’t worry, Byun. I’ll be fine.”

Kai bit his full lips as Chanyeol pressed the gun against his temple, just as the others had done.

A shot rang out, shattering the light bulb right as the sickening sound of a bullet passing through flesh sounded.

Baekhyun let out a muffled cry as if he was startled by the fact that Chanyeol had actually done it.

Several other shots sounded.

Kris ducked immediately and fumbled for the emergency flashlight he had tucked into the pocket of his pants.

He clicked it on, looking at the scene of chaos around him.

Chanyeol was gone, along with the other gun Kris had taped under the table just in case he needed it.

Everyone else was dead.

Kris laughed once more, all by himself in the dingy room spattered with crimson liquid.

He stood up, kicking the bodies aside as he walked towards the door, carelessly trodding on random fingers and various other parts.

He knew where Chanyeol would be.

Just as he had predicted, he found Chanyeol on top of the building, right next to the edge, looking at the scenery.

Kris stared at the lone figure from afar, musing as he took a sip of coffee in the nearby café.

 “So he did know who the traitors were after all.”

Chanyeol’s eyes were crinkled behind his bloodstained glasses as he smiled at a small bird that flew past.

Kris turned back around to set down his cup and muttered childishly, “Typical Yeol. He never lets me have fun.”