1

Spartace


"She loves me."

 JongKook grinned brightly. 

"She loves me not." 

The grin is replaced by a not so happy scowl. 

 "She loves me." 

"She loves me not."

 As the last petal fell, he impatiently broke the flower by its stem and threw it onto the gravel pavement before stomping it with his foot. it's useless he thought to himself. it's just useless.

***
It's a gloomy Sunday and Jongkook felt that it seemed to be connected with how he felt. He was back at Ace, his favourite cafe. His crush was definitely not the reason why he was here. He just needed some man time. Yes that's right, just some good old time. 

"The usual Jihyo." He murmured incoherently, a little tipsy after having a few shots of his favorite drink.  

"Get me two more of those."

 He needed something to get rid of the thoughts that had been clouding his head. 

"Are you sure JongKook ssi. You already had three of those. You usually stop after three. is something wrong." 

Yes it's you. Me. Us.

 "No I'm fine. perfectly fine. Thanks for the unnecessary concern." He replied coldly, much to her surprise. 

Two can play this game. 

"No need to get snarky. I'll just fetch you the drinks. more ice right?"

He felt a sharp pierce in his heart and he could only nod. Why did he just say that. He deadpanned at his own stupidity and he had an urge to slap himself. He mentally noted to be careful with what he was saying, even if he wasn't sober.

The loud clank beside him broke his chain of thoughts. Startled, he looked up to see her placing the drinks near the side dishes. "Here you go. Enjoy. Try not to get drunk. " she enunciated, as though she was mocking him. JongKook had totally fallen head over heels for her because he actually found it absolutely adorable and he wished he had recorded it down. But it would be rather peculiar to have a recording of a bartender of your favourite cafe. So he decided against the idea of owning such a recording. 
 
He downed half of the content and he felt it burn down his throat. It was hot and painful. But it felt good. He thought about Jihyo. He thought about himself. And he thought about them being together. He took a few occasional sips and soon enough he had finished yet another cup. 

The second and final cup felt lighter and easier down his throat. It didn't burn as much and it seemed to flow down smoothly. Maybe he had gotten used to it. He drank it in a shot as though it was water and he hadn't drank for several days. 

A loud and heavy thud was heard before his face met the table. Jihyo shook her head in amusement, trying her best to control the smile that was forcing its way to play on her face " Is he going to do this every Sunday." She removed her apron and left it by the counter. She made her way to his seat as she patted his shoulder a few times. "Jongkook ssi. it's closing time soon. Jongkook ssi, wake up. It's closing time soon." 

The said man abruptly jerked up, slurring his words like a drunk which he ironically was. "Why can't you call me Oppa when i'm obviously older than you. Why am I just Jongkook ssi. Why? I love you  Can't you just accept that and love me back. " He chortled at his own words.

Jihyo was taken aback by his words. He loved her? All those late night drinking, all those afternoon moping, it was all for her. The ends of curved gently to a slight smirk. If he loved her, he'll do anything he could to show it. 

She took his phone that was conveniently beside him. She dialed the first number on his speed dial. "Is this Haha." She giggled "Yes He's drunk again. Please come pick him up." With that, she placed the phone back to it's original spot as she waited for Haha to come. Life would be interesting after this she thought to herself.