Chicken on Fire

A Bucket of Chicken

Everything’s told by Jonghyun point of view

 

“Jonghyun”, he said at me furiously, “come here, I need to talk to you – now.”

 

I raised my eyebrow in curiosity. What did he want to talk about? Was it about last performance? Was he going to lecturing me because I took Taemin’s part unconsciously at Replay? Cool down, yo! I mean, it always my part in Korean version and I still not get used to it yet. I walked towards him lazily, preparing a pair of earplugs secretly in case he intended to make my ears bleeding out.

 

“What is it hyung? Is it because of last performance? You know I was lack of sleep that time so–”, he abruptly snapped my explanation with his glare. Uh, why did he look so eerie right now?

 

“Silent”, he hissed, “It’s not because of that. It’s more important than that.”

 

I looked more bewilder. I mean, what’s more important than our performance? I started to feel the panic grow in my veins. Wait, was he find out that Minho and Taemin are really going out like what I’ve heard from some fans? To be honest I’ve already found out that they were dating. When I went for taking a bath, Taemin sneaked into our room – Minho and I’s room. They spent their time by talking sweet things (I prefer call it cheesy things) I eavesdropped and I found out about that. At the time I stepped into the room, they would pretend to playing game – covering each other (okay I should admit this is sweet).

 

Or maybe was it because Key’s hair turned gray? I maybe like to goof around which made him worried like hell, but it’s not just me. Everyone did it too! It’s not fair if Onew got angry at me because of that.

 

Oh! Or maybe was it because my previous leg’s wound? Was our manager told him that I should have another surgery again? Eww I don’t want it.

 

Or…had he already know my secret feeling? Was he known that I love him? Did he hate me because of that?

 

I stiffened, standing nervously across him. He still looked furious; I couldn’t even look him in the eye because of that frightening glare. Uh-oh. Sweat fell from my face like a cascade. He sighed, I gulped.

 

“Tell me honestly, you ate right?” he asked. I blinked for a couple times. What kind of question was that? Ate?

Okay, think clearly Kim Jonghyun. Ate is related with food and food is related to health. Was it about my health? So maybe it was right that I should have another surgery. Oh God.

 

Still looked confuse, I answered with panic, “Uh yes I ate. I ate well and pick only health food–”, I stopped immediately when once again Onew shot me with his glare. God! What’s with that glare? It almost made me shiver.

 

“That’s not what I’m talking about Kim Jonghyun!” he exc laimed. Why did he angry now? I may be made a mistake at answer it, but it was not one hundred percents my fault. He just asked me if I ate or not so I just answer it. There are many opinion of ate. I ate pudding, Manager hyung ate snack, Key ate diet food (I wonder why he does that, he already skinny), Minho ate Taemin – okay just forget the last one.

 

“So what are you trying to say hyung?”

 

“You”, he paused for awhile to show something in his hand. Wa-wait, I thought I reckognize that, “ate this, right?”

 

I didn’t answer it right away. The thing that he held…was a chicken – a half bitten chicken. I wanted to burst into laugh but I couldn’t in this kind of situation. It was a wise choice to hold it right now. Onew was going to chop me right away if I do it.

 

Eh? So was this his version of ‘important’? A bitten chicken? Great, I almost forgot that he’s a chickenholic. Mmm yah whatever.

 

“Is this what you called important? Haha hyung, you–”

 

Onew cut before I could finish, “Kim Jonghyun! Answer it, yes or no?”

 

Uh, this chicken-freak looked like going to kill me right now. I could see fire in his eyes. It must be my imagination, I was hallucinating. I swallowed, my throat felt dry.

 

“Okay, calm down Onew hyung. We can finish this with peace! A peace charter like Pacific Charter –”

 

“Just-answer-it-stupid!”

 

I smiled awkwardly at him before confessed, “Uh…okay hyung it was me who did it. It just a small bit. Forgive me please?”

 

“A bit? You call this A BIT?” woah a mountain just explode! “Look! This chicken is incomplete anymore! You hear that Kim Jonghyun? IN-COM-PLETE!”

 

I…felt like my size has shrunk into ant’s size. Why did he always so hyper-sensitive when it related with chicken?

 

Silent.

 

“So”, I continued awkwardly, “what do you want me to do?”

 

“Buy me Mexicana Chicken, NOW!”

 

“N-now? But it’s already dark. Why don’t I buy it tomorrow?”

 

“I said now, Kim Jonghyun.”

 

I sighed heavily. I couldn’t say no to him. Onew crossed his arms, signaling me to move fast. All I could do is just taking my wallet that laying on the table next to him.

 

“Jonghyun”, he called.

 

“What again?” I asked in sarcasm tone.

 

“You stepped on my foot.”

 

“Oh, sorry”

 

After that one-side war that Onew did to me, I jogged as fast as I can to the Mexicana Chicken. Where was Manager Hyung when I need his car? On a date. I ducked into my scarf when the cold wind blew. I wondered. Was it fall season right now? I really doubt it was summer. Nobody need scarf on summer.

 

I didn’t wear any disguise thingy so when I some in…well just imagine the reaction of people inside. I quickly ordered a bucket of chickens and after that I went to convenient store. Hmm? Do you ask why I went to the convenient store before I go home? Key told me to buy him his-whatever-shampoo-I-don’t-really-know. I just nodded that time. It’s just a shampoo, not really a big deal.

 

I arrived at the convenient store. My eyes quickly explored the store. Ah! That’s the shampoo that Key wants. I took it and intended to come home quickly. Not when I shifted my eyes into something attracting.

 

A pack of colorful candles.

 

Okay, colorful things always distracted me. Because I love it, like SHINee – we’re always wear colorful outfits (but not every day). Colorful is something that had been tattooed into my veins and the rest of SHINee’s. Um, is veins can be tattooed? Whatever, just forget my stupid opinion.

 

Ping!

 

An animation of light bulb was above my head. I’ve got an idea! Sometimes this brain of mine was really a genius! Yeah, sometimes…

 

I took 3 packs of the candles and a red ribbon. What did I want to do? Just wait and see (I mean read).

 

I jogged playfully into the cashier. The cashier gasped and bowed awkwardly like she just saw a Dino. Yep, that’s me. So how much was it all?

 

“It’s **** won, sir.” (Just imagine it’s really expensive)

 

OMG. My jaw fell to the ground. How could it be that expensive? I examined the price.

 

%^#E&QBE^&i(#*#E*@29!!! KEY! How come a shampoo price is **** won?! (Again, just imagine it’s really expensive) God! That diva is really–! At least he could tell me that the price was THIS expensive! Was he trying to make his life shortened into 10 years because of a heart attack? Really, Kim Kibum!

 

I sighed and reached for my wallet on pocket. I’ve got one, two, three…

 

Damn.

 

“I’m sorry but I don’t have enough money…” I confessed in shame.

 

The cashier looked confused a bit. Yeah, how come an idol doesn’t have much money? I forgot to bring the credit card either. Damn it!

 

“Okay”, she said after a long paused, “you can have them with your not enough money right now. But with just one condition.”

 

My lips curled up into a smile, “Okay, what is it?”

 

“Kiss me”

 

My smile turned into a furious frown.

 

“Err, okay. I mean, just sing for me.”

 

My frown turned into a bright smile again.

 

I texted Onew hyung.

 

Hyung, can you come into the park near our dorm right now? I’ve got the chicken for you here.

 

After waited a moment, he replied.

 

Go home now. I don’t want to come out, it’s cold right now.

 

This hyung…he knew that it was cold right now yet he still force me to buy his chicken and the worst he didn’t even want to come out. So, I replied.

 

Okay if that’s what you want, I’ll just burn all of the chickens.

 

No response.

 

Huh great. Should I just burn all of the Mexicana Chickens? I felt pity for the chickens though.

 

I sat on one of the bench then stared at the heart-candles that I had made. I had put the candles on the ground and arrange them into a big heart shape. I thought my effort is useless at all, sigh.

 

“YAH! KIM JONGHYUN! DON’T YOU DARE BURN MY PRESCIOUS CHICKEN!” shouted a voice – his. I smiled and stood up from the bench. I took the chicken bucket that already decorated neatly with the red ribbon. I corrected, my effort ISN’T that useless at all hehee.

 

I stepped into the center of the heart-candles and showed him the bucket of chickens. Onew looked really surprised, his lips parted. I love to see his face like that, it was very cute.

 

“Onew hyung”, I sang, “surprise! Please forgive me, okay?” my free hand made a heart sign over my head.

 

He covered his mouth with his hand and that was so adorable. He walked slowly and almost slipped because of his special condition. Haha, he was as clumsy as always.

 

“Stepped into the center with me, hyung!” I ordered and he did so. I gave him the chicken bucketbut he still absentminded.

 

“Onew hyung please close your mouth. You’re drooling, that’s so embarrassing”, I laughed and he laughed either. Oh my, he’s so cute!

 

“Jonghyun, really”, he said with a sweet smile, “You’re so…”

 

So lovely, I thought. Yep, said that hyung.

 

“…stupid.”

 

I froze. Wha–? He called me what? After all I had done he still called me stupid? Oh, what a heartless hyung!

 

“Hey! I’m just kidding Jonghyun! Hahahaha you should look your own face!”

 

Duh Onew, you’re really…oh whatever. I was so speechless right now.

 

He put the bucket on the bench. He held my hand – the familiar one that I really missed today – and looked at me in the eye. His eyes…were very alluring. I was nearly melted right now.

 

Hmm? What the-? Suddenly Titanic theme song echoed in my mind and it kept replaying like a broken tape. I must be insane now! Haha!

 

“Thank you”, he said, “I’m really surprised and happy right now.”

 

“Onew…” I murmured.

 

“I love you.”

 

Those three words abruptly came from his lips and I stared at him dumbfounded. The Titanic theme song changed into a million exploding fireworks. My heart jumped and so did my brain.

 

We kissed, like a lover who really missed the touch from their partner. He touched my cheeks and my hands pulled his head so I could taste his whole lips. Suddenly he broke the kissed.

 

“Jonghyun you’re on fire”, he said with worried.

 

“Oh yes I am right now”, I said excitedly.

 

“Uh, Jonghyun I mean you’re literally on fire. Look at your foot!”

 

“CRAP!!”

 

Just like what he said, I – my pants – WAS ON FIRE.

 


i hope you like it!it was really fun writing this fanfic :3

please comment~