My Bestests

How I Met Your Father

Dynamic Duo feat. Crush, DJ Friz - Life is good
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InnZ-0GJqZ8

your POV

The thunder was louder than expected, it even made Hyemi sit.

The lights were already out some time ago.

"We all are going to die. Damn, if I now-"

"Himchan ah, shut it. Two days ago it was even worse." Hyemi rolled her eyes and soon the two started to almost kill each other on the sofa.

My oldest son Yongguk placed himself between them, almost smothered them.

"Ma! Yongguk is-"

"Gosh, how old are you? Five?" I shook my head and sat down on the small couch in front of them.

I lighted the candles with some matches and sighed as come bickering started again. Luckily my husband just arrived at home.

He kissed me shortly and he, too, shook his head. "When will they be adults just once?"

I shrugged my shoulders, "It isn't different from us." He left the living room and trotted into the kitchen. I noticed a loud slap and looked at my "angels". Himchan rubbed his arm in pain, Hyemi smiled and Yongguk laughed like there was no tomorrow.

"Ma? How did you and Pa actually meet?" she asked, curiosity in her voice, and I smiled sheepishly. "You know that, in our center-"

"No, no, no, those stories with Uncle Doojoon and so on! That's what we want to hear!" Himchan looked up and I laughed. "Oh you, that...You better don't know what I did in my twenties."

The three of them groaned loudly and I tried to calm them down. "Don't you know all the stories Jiho ah has told you?"

"All stories by him are awe- wait for it -some. Seriously, Ma? Those aren't true." Hyemi chuckled dryly and looked around. I chuckled slightly at her statement. "Most of them...but not all."

"But the most! Oh come on, umma!" Himchan urged and I lay my feet on the couch, leaning my right elbow on the arm rest. "Alright, alright...where should I start? I think the most important things happened four years before your birth, Yongguk.

You have to know, with fifteen I had a boyfriend. Well, and I know that I lost him with nineteen, almost twenty. It happened in spring, March, April. Yeah, around that time.

Aunt Kyungmi, aunt Yuri, uncle Doojoon and uncle Jiho and I had a standard-café where we always went to. You could sit there from morning to evening, nobody cared. You could get everything there. From cake and tea over to nachos and scotch and maybe even a steak.

I knew how stormy it was on that day. Buckets of water practically fell from the sky.

"Guys, a flower pot almost hit me. Seoul is getting more and more dangerous." I put off my coat and somebody ran into me.

"Sorry." the person disappeared then and I bent forward to put my coat onto a small hook next to our seats, while doing so somebody bumped into me once more. I straightened up and let out a small "I'm sorry".

"No biggie." the man said and I turned around. Whole Ink was loud and full. It was as if the whole café was moving.

"What?! Does this mean Mrs. Kim is back?! Baby, we have to move out!" Doojoon turned to Yuri and I laughed just like the others. I sat down next to Jiho and inhaled loudly, almost sighing. "What is actually happening? Somewhere a killing spree I haven't noticed yet?"

Kyungmi began to speak first. "I think it's because of the weather. Although...this weather is fishing-weather. Or maybe pest-plant-weeding-weather. Maybe even to make a party outs-"

"Alright, Kyungmi. We know by now that you were used to this weather in Europe and Canada. Shut up now." Yuri looked at her, her gaze then went over to me, "Hey, Sungah. So, you and In Guk...it's over now?"

I nodded my head and Kyungmi reached over to pat my shoulder softly, then rubbed it reassuringly. "Yah, there're so many other men in the world, maybe even better ones. I mea-"

"Men like me?" Jiho pressed out his chest and Doojoon rolled his eyes. "We all know that you have a weakness for ."

"What?!" all of my kids burst at the same time and I laughed. "Oh, I thought you all knew that uncle Jiho wasn't that straight in the beginning."

"But isn't he married to-"

"Ah-ah! Who's telling the story?" they shut up again and I quickly went on.

"God, I'm still better than all of you together." Jiho drank his whiskey and I bumped my shoulder against his. "Because you are awesome?"

"Exactly." shortly he raised his glass, we just laughed with lowered heads. I was the first one to look up. "And what's up with you guys?"

"Move out! I can't live in a house with people like Mrs. Park!" Doojoon gasped and Yuri hit him curtly, but hard. "Damn, be a man, Doojoon! Only because she beat you up once?"

Doojoon lifted up his finger, wanted to speak, but Yuri put his hand down again. "Don't deny it, we all saw it."

"And it was priceless." I giggled and Doojoon smacked his lips angrily. "Alright. Okay. A sixty years old woman has beaten me up. And yes, it was only three months ago and-"

"And you begged me to drive you to the doctor's because you were afraid you had a broken leg or something."

Doojoon paused. Raised his voice then. "What if there was something up with me?!"

"Then we'd laugh about you." Jiho tilted his head to the left, continuing to drink his whiskey. I pointed at Jiho. "Heard it? That's how it would've been."

Doojoon's eyes darkened shortly. "Oh god, sometimes I hate your guys' guts so much."

"We know that, we know that." I dodged his antagonism and soon one of our other best friends came over. He was a waiter here in Ink. His name was Jung Taekwoon, but we all just called him Leo.

"And? Somebody wants to drink something? Hey Sungah!" Leo glanced at me hurriedly, then looked around our table.

"I'd like some whiskey later on." Jiho showed him his glass, Leo just breathed loudly. "Jiho ah, this would be your fifth one today."

Jiho shrugged his shoulders, smirked brightly and lifted his arms up in the air. "Who doesn't give a ?!"

"Woo Jiho." we mumbled in chorus und Jiho sighed in joy. "I love you guys so much. Well, ehm Leo? One for me. And for Sungah too. She's heartbroken."

I turned around abruptly. "Who says that?!"

"Me. Now you get some whiskey, if you want it or not." Jiho nodded at Leo, motioning him to write it down. I buried my face in my hands and Doojoon moved the small plastic bowl on the table. "Oh, we also need two more bowls with nachos."

"Alright." Leo nodded and the others ordered some drinks as well.

Suddenly he looked up. "Wait...In Guk? You aren't dating anymore?"

I groaned lightly. "Yeah...since today."

"I feel sorry for you. Your drink's on the house. Everything will come in some minutes, okay?" Leo grinned and left our table.

Yuri leaned over the table and patted my hand considerately. "Don't think too much about that now. Be happy that you're single again!"

"What does that mean now?" Doojoon stunned his hand against the table edge and Yuri pursed her lips, followed by an innocent smile.

I smiled to myself and tapped my nails on the table. "Just saying, I can't stay for so long today. I have to work tomorrow. Somehow I have to finance my new apartment."

Everybody nodded and Jiho laid his arm around my shoulder. "This Saturday. We'll go partying. Understood?"

"Tsk, sure." carefully I shook off his arm and we laughed loudly.

"But you know. We're always here for you. Call us and we'll be there for you immediately." Yuri gave me an eye smile and the others nodded, agreeing.

"You're all totally finished with this world and I would never expect anything else from you guys." I chuckled as my phone vibrated at once and I pulled it out of my pocket.

You're in for it. Have fun tomorrow, Captain Morgan :D

I looked at the one who sent it, it was a co-worker of mine. My brain chattered and worked before I noticed what she meant.

Immediately I stood up and put on my long coat.

"Hey, what's up now?!" Kyungmi looked at me shocked and I raised my hands to speak, but let them fall again. "I have to get home quickly. I'll call you later...in case...maybe...Have fun!"

"Wait, wait! Kim Sungah! Can I get your whiskey?!"Jiho shouted and I waved my hands at him, showing him that I totally and fully not cared about that.

I just wanted to get home quickly and go to YouTube.

 

author's words / first chapter ~ how was it? short? /: I hope that I can update soon C: I think you have noticed that the gray parts are the words of the "future-you" (':

funny, I have the "husband" stuck up my wall :D I have a lot of kpop posters stuck up there ;D (okay, 10)