Final

Eh?! My Plushie is a Hot Guy?!

       

 To: Chohee

   From: Sungie~!<3

'I don't think I can do this anymore. I think we should break up...'

 

                 Chohee blinked at the flashing screen in front of her. The whole world stopped as she read the single text her boyfrie-EX boyfriend, had sent her. Why had he suddenly broke up with her? They had just went out to the movies a few days ago, and he seemed perfectly fine! Then again, he did have always had feelings for his first girlfriend that had left him to go overseas. Maybe, he couldn't forget her. Maybe, he was cheating on her? No, Sungoh wouldn't do something scandalous like that. Even the thought sounded ridiculous. Although, it still stung the poor little girl in the heart. Chohee slammed her bedroom door closed, already feeling the wetness trailing down her face. Her lip quivered, and she let out a little sob. The teen tried her hardest to keep her tears in, but it seems they weren't having that. A shudder ran up her spine, and her knees buckled. Luckily, Chohee fell on her pink comforter on her bed before letting a loud sob escape her. 

   It hurt so much.

     Sure, she knew they wouldn't last that long, it surprised her they even made it to a year! It wasn't her intention to get so close to the sandy-blonde haired guy, who she actually used to call her best friend. She hated seeing him in such a broken up state after his girl friend left, so she tried to cheer him up and forget about her. No way was she supposed to feel this much pain when they actually broke up. Well, guess her heart had other plans.

 "Stupid Sungoh..." Chohee rubbed her eyes with her dark blue sweatshirt she was wearing. She shifted a little on her bed, trying to get comfortable. Although, this lump under her back wasn't helping at all. It felt like something was digging itself into her spine. Still sniffling, she slowly pulled out the object causing her discomfort. To her surprise, it was a small cat plushie. Then she remembered all when she first got the green and blue eyed stuffed animal. Her grandma had given it to her for her fifth birthday, before she had passed away from lung cancer. The teary-eyed girl smiled sadly at the plushie.

 "Heh, this day just keeps getting worse..." A lone tear slid down her pale face. She brought the stuffed animal towards herself, and hugged it tightly, hoping it would give her comfort just like it used to when she was sad as a child. Even though it couldn't talk or walk, the animal had always held this warmth that eased Chohee whenever she hugged it. Now at 16, she couldn't recall the last time she had seen the cat plush toy. 

  "Daeil..." She hugged the toy tighter, squishing it. Daeil was the name her grandma had said was his name, so Chohee hadn't dared to change it. Chohee sat in the silence of the room, listening to her uneven breathing from the crying she had been doing. Once again, she stared at the plush. It wasn't comforting her, it was cold, it was lifeless...

It was just a toy...

  "You're just a toy..." She started to cry again, the wet droplets running down her cheeks like waterfalls. Chohee threw the cat plushie at the wall, watching as it hit, and fell to the ground. The poor girl then turned around on her side facing the wall her bed was pushed up to, and miserably cried herself to sleep. The darkness soon over took her...


          Chohee furrowed her eyebrows, feeling a tickling sensation on her cheek. She wiggled her nose, somewhat resembling a bunny, and tried to turn her face away from the annoying touch. The teen sighed at the softness of her bed, finally being comfy again.

   "You are so cute..." Her eyes snapped open abruptly at hearing the foreign voice. All she could see was dark brown eyes staring right back into hers. Grabbing the closet thing she could, which was a heart-shaped pillow given to her by Sungoh, she flung it at the intruder, smacking in right in the middle of his face. That's when she noticed his dark black messy hair, and black bandana tied around his neck, which was strangely familiar. The guy chuckled, his laughter filing the suffocating silence of the room.

  "Awh!~ Chohee, how could you do that to me? First the wall, now a pillow? Do you really hate me?" The teen's eyes practically bugged out of her head at the questions. What? Did she know him or something? Chohee finally found her voice, but she was still scared less.

  "G-get out of my house! ert! Robber! Leave!" She started to throw the many different pillows she had scattered around her double bed. The stranger allow himself to be pelted with pillows, laughing every now and then. She was seriously getting freaked out. Who the heck was this guy?

 "I'm going to call the police!" She quickly grabbed her phone, fumbling around with the code and her shaky hands as she tried to punch in the numbers. The intruder didn't seem all too bothered.

 "Does Chohee not remember me? It's Daeil! You know, the cat?" He titled his head innocently, staring at the shocked girl. Slowly, the phone slid out of her hand, and into her lap, the screen flashing indicating call had failed.

  "D-Daeil...? You couldn't be...he's a stuffed animal..." She stuttered, more over trying to convince herself than the other. Daeil nodded, a smile breaking out onto his face.

 "I am Daeil! I am the stuffed cat! I'm human right now though~" He said it as if it was the normal thing on earth. Chohee still was shocked, flinching and moving back until she hit her headboard when Daeil sat down on her bed. Her crawled over to her, and Chohee hid her face in her knees. 

  "I'm sorry about what happened with Sungoh..." A warm hand was placed on her shoulder. Chohee suddenly felt so calm and relaxed, forgetting about her troubles instantly. It was the exact same warmth when she was a child. A small smile appeared on her lips, but she kept it hidden from the other. Daeil didn't receive a response, so he did the thing he knows best.

He wrapped his arms around her, and hugged her. 

 Chohee flinched and tried to wiggled out of the embrace, but abruptly stopped as her face was shoved into the, surprisingly, toned chest. Her face lit up a light pink. At that moment, all time seemed to stop. All her memories of her when she was a child and hugged the animal came back to her. Tears rolled down her cheeks as she remembered Sungoh. Her sobs were muffled in the jersey Daeil was wearing, and he petted her head soothingly as she poured her heart out to him about her now ex-boyfriend. It struck Chohee as odd since she was telling her problems to a weird guy who claims to be her stuffed cat plushie, but she can't help but trust him. 

  "Sh...it's okay, I'm here..." Daeil whispered into her hair, and kissed the top of her head. Chohee sniffled, and snuggled her head deeper into his chest, and squeezed him tighter. They stayed like that for a while, before Chohee realized what she was doing, and her heart started to speed up. She shyly glanced up, seeing Daeil's head leaning on the wall. He was smiling, but he smiled even more when he noticed the smaller girl staring at him.

 "Do you feel better now?" He asked softly, still not letting go of the fragile girl. Chohee nodded, and tried to pull herself out of his tight grip.

He wouldn't let go.

"Um...I'm fine..y-you can let go now." She sniffled, and patted his arm awkwardly. Daeil shook his head, pulling her back to his chest and squeezing her tightly. Chohee felt like she couldn't breath, both from the bone-crushing hug, and the lone fact that she was getting hugged by a, undeniably, handsome guy. 

 "Hm...I don't think so." He said innocently, before starting to tickle Chohee. It took her some time to register what was happening, and when she did, a loud laugh spilled out of as he found sides, where it was most ticklish. She squirmed around and laughed, trying to break free of his grasp. Daeil had joined in laughing, having way too much fun with this.

 "S-Stop! Stop!" She gasped for air, but still laughing. Daeil stopped, but was still lightly chuckling to herself. Chohee was suddenly glad her parents were out for the night, deciding to spend the night at her aunts, who is sick with the flu. 

     "Do you feel better now?" Daeil asked, hovering over her. Chohee felt a warm sensation creep up her neck, and she nodded shyly. At her action, Daeil let out a loud "yay!" and fell back on her bed. They sat in silence, not an awkward one, but a comfortable one. Daeil and Chohee both stared at the ceiling, thinking.

  "Daeil..." Chohee broke the silence. The black haired boy sat up, listening.

   "H-How did you become...?" She gestured towards his body. " Human...?" She said quietly, but really wanting to know the answer. Stuffed animals did not just become humans all on their own. Daeil didn't seem bothered by the question.

  "Well, I don't really know either. I just suddenly became human after you threw me into that wall after being upset with me. Which, by the way, I'm sorry I couldn't comfort you like needed. I am just a stuffed animal after all." Chohee looked down at the purple carpet, feeling guilty about the words she said before.

 "I didn't mean that...I was just really upset...I'm sorry..." She glanced at Daeil, who looked a bit sad. Chohee then felt the need to comfort him, like he had down countless times to her. The teen shifted herself on the bed, and crawled the small distance towards the other, feeling slightly nervous. Daeil gave her a confused look, and let out a small noise of surprise as the smaller threw herself into his arms, snuggling back into her old position. He sat there shocked her a bit, but slowly not used to the hug. He hugged her back equally as tight. They lay there in their embraces, the room still a bit dark even though it was already early morning. A fluttering feeling made its way into Chohee's stomach, and she smiled to herself.

  "Hey..." Chohee looked up, pulling her head out of Daeil's chest. Daeil grinned at her, leaning down and planting a chaste kiss on her small nose. 

  "Thank you...and don't ever let me see you cry again." He laughed lightly. Chohee smiled at him, her cheeks growing hot, as she giggled with him. She the snuggled back into her original spot, her eyes feeling heavy from the lack of sleep she got. She heard the black-haired male yawn, and she couldn't keep her eyes open. Maybe it would be good to go back to sleep.

Chohee just hoped Daeil would still be human when she awoke.