final

Arachnephobia

The door to the bedroom creaked pen and a man entered with a tray in his hand. His eyes kept on eyeing a sleeping man on the bed; their bed. He placed the tray on a table beside the bed before dipping onto the bed. He sighed. Everything was partly his fault; his temper and ignorance that makes the love of his life drowned in his deepest trauma. He know the boy has arachnephobia. He should notice the shaky voice that cried for his help last night but among of all the things he could do, he choose to ignore.

Flashback

They were in their room that night after dinner with Sunggyu was on the table working on his plan drawing and Woohyun on the floor, resting his chin on the bed while reading on black body radiation.

“Hyung, it states here saying that black body radiation is electromagnetic radiation that would be radiated from an ideal black body; where does that radiation come from?” Woohyun tilted his head in confusion.

“I don’t know. Earth maybe,” replied Sunggyu without tearing his eyes from the RSS sheet.

“Then which law should I use; Stefan’s Law or Stefan’s Boltzmann’s Law?”

“Isn’t that the same? Stop bothering me. Hyung is busy right now?”

“Oppss… I mean Stefan’s Law or Wein’s Displacement Law? Come on hyung, answer me this one.”

“How should I know? It’s not me who learns physics,” replied Sunggyu in an annoyed tone.

“Then… “

“Shut up, Woohyun. You’re disturbing me.”

“But…”

“Another word from you and I’ll throw you out from this room.” Woohyun pouted.

‘Sunggyu hyung is mean’ he mentally cursed Sunggyu for raising his voice at him. He continued reading on his own when he felt something on his back. He used his highlighter to toss the thing away without looking. Only when it came back he took notice that there was an eight-legged giant on his right arm. His breath hitched, trying to gulp big slump in his throat. His whole body became paralyzed. Cold sweat started forming on his forehead and his eyes felt hot. He eyed Sunggyu from the corner of his eyes but the latter was too engrossed in his drawing. He contemplated, calling Sunggyu could lead him to be thrown out from the room tonight and he had to sleep alone (which obviously he never had) but if not that thing won’t go away and he’s scared to death right now. First choice sounds better.

“Hyung…” he called in tiny voice but Sunggyu ignored him.

“Hyung... “ he tried again thinking maybe Sunggyu didn’t hear him.

“…….”

“Sunggyu hyung.”

“……..”

A single tear fell from his eye. Sunggyu didn’t purposely ignoring him, right? He realized he’d been pestering Sunggyu too much these few days because they were both busy and night time was the only time they had together but right now he was desperate and scared, really scared that he didn’t know what to do other than cry for help. ‘One last time’ he thought.

“H-hyung…”

“What now, Woohyun? Can’t you see that I’m busy? I had enough with you tonight and I don’t have time for your childish act right now!” Sunggyu barked without sparing one glance to Woohyun. He gripped his pencil tightly to control his rage.

“Now choose, either you shut your ing mouth or get lost.”

Woohyun hung his head down, his face full of tears and he kept sobbing silently afraid that he would upset Sunggyu more. He felt dejected. His hope crushed. Above all, he felt betrayed. Sunggyu promised him to come to his rescue if he’s afraid no matter where he is but now they were only few feet distance and instead of saving him, Sunggyu hurt him more.

Sunggyu in the other hand was frustrated. He knew he’s been harsh with Woohyun but the deadline is tomorrow and he had to add in few more things. He wanted to finish it faster so he can pamper Woohyun after that.

Few minutes past and Woohyun eyes started to lose focus. His body was shivering badly and that spider still didn’t move. His left hand gripped the bed sheet tightly. A sob escaped his mouth drew Sunggyu attention. He turned around to find Woohyun with red puffy eyes drenched in tears while sobbing. He felt his head spinning when he noticed the spider on Woohyun arm. He immediately took a book and shoved the insect away before wrapped his arms around Woohyun’s body. The latter fell limp in his arms and he can’t help feeling guilty.

“Sorry Woohyun-ah. Hyung is so sorry. Forgive me, please.”

End of Flashback

Sunggyu pushed Woohyun’s fringe which covering his eyes and can feel heat radiating from the body. He sighed for an umpteenth time. Last night was a total disaster as Woohyun won’t stop shivering and he kept on crying until he fell asleep hours later. Sunggyu can’t help but blaming himself. If only he turned around when Woohyun called him, this thing won’t happen and Woohyun won’t catch fever right now.

“Woohyun baby, wake up. You need to take medicine.” Woohyun stirred slightly and cracked his eyes open. As soon as he saw Sunggyu, his eyes got moist. Sunggyu felt a stab in his heart when he saw the torment on Woohyun’s face.

“Baby, don’t cry. I’m so sorry. I shouldn’t be angry last night and sorry for not be there when you need me.” As soon as Sunggyu finished, Woohyun broke down.

“H-hyung… I-I called hyung but hyung ignores me. Hyung shouted at me. I just wanted hyung to help me. I called h-hyung b-but hyung… hyung just ignores me. I… hyung…” he sobbed.

“Shhhh… it’s okay. I’m here now. I’m sorry okay.”

“Hyung is so scary. That spider too.” Woohyun pout. Sunggyu chuckled at his lover’s childish act.

“I won’t let it come near me anymore, kay?”

“Mmmm…”

“Now, before you take your medicine, eat this first. I made you chicken soup.” Woohyun beamed at he mentioned of the food. He was hungry actually. They eat while talking about random things when Sunggyu’s phone rings. He talked while eyeing Woohyun who played with chicken thigh in his bowl. He chuckled. After done, he went back to Woohyun.

“Have you done? Eat this meds and go to sleep.”

“Where are you going, hyung?” Woohyun asked while giving him puppy eyes.

“No where. I got a day off today so I’ll accompany you.”

“Really? Assa!”

They spent the rest of the day cuddling and Sunggyu let the sick boy have his way by doing everything he asked for.

The End.

**************************************************************************************

I don’t know how to end this actually so just bear with the lame ending, k~

Happy reading.

Oh, you guys can follow me on twitter and tumblr if you want.

Twitter:  twitter.com/ho28liciouss

Tumblr: nerdyfishy.tumblr.com

Bye~