His Side (Kyungsoo)

Goodbye, Summer (EXO Kyungsoo's One-Shot)

I remember when we were yelled at for talking in the halls...

 

 

 

 

"Who gets first at the end of the hall will get free lunch tomorrow! Arrasseo?" 

You said with an excitement in your voice.

 

 

 

 

"Sure! Ready? One, two, three. GO!" 

I said then run not that fast as yours because I want to be behind your back 'cause it feels like I can protect you from here because I can see you.

 

 

 

 

"Hey! You two stop! Running in the hall is forbidden! It's in the school rules!" 

Suddenly, our Guidance Counselor is also running with us now because we're breaking the school rules. But instead of listening, we run faster not to get caught.

 

 

 

 

"Beessttt! Faster! We have to hide or else we're dead!" 

 

 

 

 

"Here!" 

I drag you at the back of a tree. We rest there for awhile to catch our breath. After awhile, we lock eyes with each other. Then you started laughing, so I followed to. I really like how you laugh. No. I love how it goes.

 

 

 

 

"The two of you! Detention." 

Instead of frowning or making excuses, we laugh.

 

 

 

 

I don’t know why it was so fun even when we were being punished

 

 

 

 

*****

 

 

 

 

You cried so much on the day before graduation

 

 

 

 

"Don't forget me okay?" 

You keep on telling me those words. Tomorrow is our graduation and we are here on our favorite place.

 

 

 

 

"Of course not. You're my one and only bestfriend and it's impossible for me to forget you." 

I pinched your cheeks and you smiled. The word bestfriend stab my heart. That's not how I look in you. It's more than that. 

 

 

 

 

A moment of silence passed before I speak up.

 

 

 

 

"After our graduation, is it goodbye then?" 

I try to joke around but it turns out to be a serious one for you.

 

 

 

 

"Please don't say that." 

Then you started crying. I don't know what to do so I just hold your hand, saying that I will never leave you no matter what.

 

 

 

 

Just like that hot summer when we couldn’t say what we wanted, goodbye

 

 

 

 

*****

 

 

 

 

The friend label is a label that I got to hate

The feelings I’ve hidden still remain as a painful secret memory

 

 

 

 

We are in the mall that time, preparing for your Mom's birthday when a little kiddo approached us with her Mom.

 

 

 

 

"Oppa, Unnie~ are you two dating together?" 

The little kid said with a huge smile in her face.

 

 

 

 

You akwardly laugh and said, 

"No we're not. We are bestfriends actually."

 

 

 

 

"Aww. You two look good together. Come on baby." 

Suddenly the Mom of the little girl said.

 

 

 

 

I feel hurt when you said that we're only bestfriends, I know in myself that I can do something about it. It is just I can't say it right now. 

 

 

 

 

What do I say, we didn’t have to play no games. I should’ve took that chance, I should’ve asked for you to stay.

 

 

 

 

"My Mom is asking me if I want to come with her in Canada, she's planning to migrate, actually. what do you think Best?"

You asked me suddenly. I don't know what to say.

 

 

 

 

"You should follow you're Mom. It's for your own good." 

I want to take back what I said. You look at me intently and sigh.

 

 

 

 

"Okay then, thanks for the advice Best. I guess we'll be leaving next week." 

I want to stop you but you've already made you're decision. 

 

 

 

 

And it gets me down the unsaid words that still remain

 

 

 

You are leaving today. I tried to stop you but when I came to your house you already left to airport. I guess I'll be keeping this feelings until I can.

 


 

The story ended without even starting

 

 

 

I want to start it, I want to make our own story which are the two of us are the protagonist but just like any stories, there will be a hindrance, our friendship's block it. I'm afraid that our friendship might get ruin if I confess what I feel to you. So I keep this little thing to myself.

 

 

 

 

Your song on the last day of the school festival, the flickering summer sea

 

 

 

 

I remember when you sing our favorite song during our school festival. You were looking into my eyes directly. It makes my heart beats faster at the same time that's the time that I realize I love you more than a bestfriend.

 

 

 

 

But...

 

 

 

 

 

Like the deepening night sky,

 

 

 

 

it only leads to..

 

 

 

 

Goodbye.

 

 

 

 

*****

 

 

 

 

I’m sorry that this is a monologue

 

 

 

 

I just want to tell you what I feel right now, even though it's too late.