life

Life is Fragile

"I now pronounce you husband and wife." The priest announced and the audience applauded. Most of them came from different allied families of the Infinite and Bap family. Well it's because today, Hamster  Jepp Blackman and G.na are being wed due to the name of the Famiglia. Of course the Jepp Blackman 'violently' opposed but on the other hand the G.na agreed because believe it or not, Gina choi 'likes' the Jepp Blackman. Sungyu, Junhyung and himchan did alot of blackmailing just to make the Jepp Blackman agree. They did all of this just because of Gina's last wish.

"You may now kiss the bride." The priest said and the whole crowd cheered and applauded as the groom gave a small peck to the bride. After the ceremony the married couple went out of the church. Pictures were taken as the couples went. Gina kept smiling the whole time but on the other hand Yong Guk has a cold and stern look on his face. Only few people inside the family knows that this wedding may be true but only one of them likes each other.


"DooJoon" Junhyung called the black haired man from his side as they watched the two married couple get inside their limousine.

"Y-Yeah?" DooJoon stuttered while looking at Junhyung with a fake smile.

"No need to put a mask in front of me. We all know that you like Gina." Junhyun said as he inhale in his cigarettes. Immediately the fake smile on DooJoon's face was turned into a frown.

"I know that... but it hurts ... I guess Gina hurts more than me huh?"


"Yong Guk..." Gina stuttered as she fidgets in her seat. Currently Yong Guk and Gina are driving to the airport to go to the place where they will spend their honeymoon.

"What." Yong Guk spat coldly. Gina flinched at the coldness of the tone but soon ignored it.

"Are you still mad? You know… About t-that…" She said while sadly looking out of the window. Yong Guk glanced at her for a while but ignored her after a couple of seconds and didn't say anything.

Gina closed her eyes then smiled sadly. She knew what she wanted was selfish and wrong is so many ways. She knew that Yong Guk wouldn't return her feelings. She knew and hoped for something that was impossible to happen. She knew and it hurts her so much. Sungkyu, Junhyung and Himchan and helped her, but what is the point of marrying each other if Yong Guk if he doesn't love her.

Without noticing, Gina's tears started to fall from her eyes down to her cheek.

"I'm sorry."


Days have passed and both Yong Guk and Gina are still in their honeymoon but nothing has change. Although they sleep in the same bed, although they are married and looks like one happy couple, Gina is hurting deep down inside her. She felt like that her heart is being ripped into tiny pieces and it only add more pain to her knowing that she doesn't have much time.

Today, she's going to tell Yong Guk everything. She needs to tell her everything. She just hopes that she has the power to confess everything.

"Yong Guk…" Gina said as she approaches the man who she loves sitting on the balcony of their room. Yong Guk just looked at her saying that he's listening.

"Please listen to everything I'm going to say…" She said as she stands beside him looking at the beautiful setting of the sun. Yong Guk grunted and looked back to the horizon as the birds fly.

"First of all…" Gina started softly. "I want to say sorry for forcing you to marry me. Please don't be mad at Himchan and Junhyung for blackmailing you. They just did that to help me." Then she looked at Yong Guk who looked back at her. "I really do love you Bang Yong guk." She said his name for the first time. Yong Guk continued to listen but something in his face seems different… something that nobody can understand.

"I was really happy for a short time that I spent with you… truly I did even though you rarely looked at me…" She said as she smiles and looks back at the setting sun. Yong Guk felt some guilt deep in his heart. He felt absolutely guilty.

"For all this time I've been selfish wanting nothing except you. It may be weird but even I can't understand why I chose to love you…" she said as she chuckles bitterly. "What I'm trying to say is… thank you for the wonderful time you gave me." Yong Guk wanted to say No, I haven't even made you happy. But he can't find his voice to tell that to her.

He was about to open his mouth but Gina stopped him. "No… please don't… you'll make it harder for me…" She said trying to sound firm but her voice failed her. "I'm sorry Bang Yong Guk for my selfishness… I love you so much…" She said as she started to sob. Yong Guk was frozen to the ground. He doesn't know what to do. It hurts him to see Gina crying but it is as if one move and it will break Gina into pieces.

"And because… Because I love you… I'm setting you free..." Gina said while smiling her true smile to Yong Guk. And for the first time Yong Guk felt as his heart was stabbed. Gina was letting him go. He wanted say No please don't let me go. And hug her right now but he can't. It was as if she was saying her goodbye and it makes Yong Guk feel uneasy.

"Goodbye my love" Gina said while smiling. Yong Guk's eyes grew wide when he saw Gina fall. He didn't waste any time and went ahead and caught her. He tried to wake her up but she still doesn't open her eyes.

"C'mon Gina… D-don't… Don't do this to me… Open your eyes … You promise me you wouldn't leave me!" He said while trying his best not to cry. He held desperately to Gina, holding her dear life to his arms.

"Gina… P-please… I'm sorry… open your eyes… wake up…" he said while finally letting his emotion show. He was a fool to be mean to Gina. Why didn't he saw that he did also loved Gina? … None of this should happen. None.

"Dammit! Gina I'm sorry. Pl-please wake up… I need you… Please… I need you…" Yong Guk said before finally crying his heart out for the first time.


Yong Guk brought Gina straight back to Korea as soon as possible. Now all of them were present in the  headquarters in Korea. The other guardians with the exception of Yong Guk have guilty looks on their faces and what bothers Yong Guk the most was the face of the Samcho gongyo , DooJoon. He knew that the Samcho gongyo likes Gina. Everybody in the family knows that. If was much better if they both got married. Life would be much easier that way.

"Yong Guk come here for a while." Himchan said and lead Yong Guk to the other hallway of the HQ. There they saw Sungkyu standing in front the metal door which was supposed to be Gina's room.

''Yong Guk… I need you to listen to every word we'll say." Himchan said as calmly as possible. Yong Guk didn't say anything but looked at Himchan saying that he was listening.

"Yong Guk you know from the very start that we opposed to the idea of you and Gina marrying each other, but for Gina's sake Junhyung and I agreed." Himchan started. Sunggyu stand and walked towards Yong Guk and stopped beside Himchan.

"Yong Guk… you know very well that Gina loves you very much. It was hard for her too. She is now your wife and I guess you have the right to know." Sunggyu said.

"Then tell me! Tell me what happened!" Yong Guk snapped. He can't take all of this bull.

"Yong Guk calm down. It will only make things worse." Himchan said in a much calmer tone than Sunggyu.

"Then tell me… now… tell me…" Sunggyu frowned. "It's may be hard for you Yong Guk."

But before Yong Guk could argue Himchan stopped him.

"No he has the right to know Sunggyu. Gina is his wife." Then Himchan looked at Sunggyu straight at his eyes.

"Yong Guk the truth is Gina has brain cancer." The words Himchan said was like dagger, stabbing Yong Guk in his heart. He can't believe what was the Tats Mato was saying.

"You're lying!" he stuttered. "She's fine! Lies! Tell me the truth!"

Himchan grabbed Yong Guk's shoulder and shook him.

"Listen Yong Guk! Gina didn't want to tell you this because she knows that you wouldn't even care!" Himchan shouted back. Yong Guk was speechless. It was true. Maybe even if Gina told him that she was dying he wouldn't even care. What was she in his life? Nothing. She's your wife. His mind argued. It was true at first Yong Guk don't even like Gina but he realized his mistake when Gina talked to him in the balcony. At least he has the right to know. The last time he checked he was still her husband.

"Is… Is she still alive?" Yong Guk mustered all his courage to ask the most dreadful question he dared not to ask. Himchan slowly lets go of Yong Guk's shoulder and looked down at the floor while gritting his teeth. Sunggyu who has been standing all along in front of them looked up and tears started to fall from his eyes.

"N-no…" Yong Guk stuttered while backing away. "NO!" he said louder.

"Yong Guk… she's gone…"

As these words was said Yong Guk's whole world shattered around him.


Yong Guk was standing outside the room where Gina remains are located. As he was about to open the door, Junhyung beat him to it and was surprised to see Yong Guk standing outside like a dead man living.

"What do we have here?" Junhyung said as he smirked, but you can clearly see in his eyes that he is not happy to see Yong Guk.

"Get lost." Yong Guk retorted back while sending Junhyung the deadliest glare he could muster. The next thing Yong Guk knew was that his back was on the wall.

"Do you really think that you're the only one who's feeling down?" Junhyung said while tightly gripping the collar of the raven haired man.

"It's your entire fault. I shouldn't have agreed of you marrying her." He added While throwing Yong Guk on the floor. With a final glare, Junjyung turned his back while walking away. He said his last words to Yong Guk while finally disappearing in the mist.

"You are lucky for having a girl like her."

Yong Guk sat on the floor, gritting his teeth while clenching his fist until his knuckles turned white. He already knew he was lucky for having a girl like Gina but he just took her for granted. He slowly stood up and punched the wall hard. He sighed and slowly walked towards the room. There he saw her, peacefully lying on the bed as if she was just sleeping. Yong Guk walked towards the bed and he reluctantly took her colds hands in his warm ones.

"Why?" He asked in a sad voice. He knelt beside her bed and unconsciously gripping his hands tighter.

"Why?" He asked again in a voice you wouldn't imagine he possess.

Bang Yong Guk wasn't prepared to feel this kind of hurting. Heck he didn't even dreamt in his wildest dreams that he will be sad just because of someone's death.

"You left without even saying anything." He wanted to cry but his pride won't let him. Ever since he was young, he had never cried. When his parents died, he never thought they were selfish for leaving him behind. He had felt nothing. Bang Yong Guk never experienced anything like this before.

"Gina please... Please come back... You left me when I just realized that I... I love you..."

Everyone will eventually learn how to love, even though you think it's impossible. Even the Bang Yong Guk learned it. He just learned it a little too late.


15 years later…

"It's been a while hasn't it?" murmured the raven haired man as he places the bouquet of white lilies on a craved grave.

"There was a mission up and it took me days to finish it." He added but all that met him was silence.

"You might be wondering how I gotten so talkative huh?" He chuckled bitterly while talking once again. "Well it was because of a cute little girl who wouldn't stop talking to me on the phone about cute little animals. She's adorable Gina." He said while smiling up to the skies.

"She's just like you; she even has the same name as you. In fact, she's turning fourteen today." He said as held his hands up trying to hold unto the sun but frowned and clenched his fist then sighed.

"I hope you're doing well there Gina…" Yong Guk said while putting his hands in his pocket and pulls out a golden locket. He opens it and smiles. Inside the golden locket is a picture of a boy and a girl. The boy has navy blue hair color while the girl has raven hair and eyes both of them in the age of 8-9.

"We may not have our happy ending Gina… But I hope the future generation would…"

"Hey Yong Guk! We're going to be late! Hurry up!" Himchan shouted from the gates of the cemetery. Yong Guk glared at him and sighed.

"I got to go now Gina... I promise to find time to visit you again…Farewell for now…" Yong Guk bid farewell and walked straight right out the cemetery. If only he looked back he would see an image of a very beautiful woman smiling and waving goodbye to him.