Past Circumstance

His and Her Circumstances

Special Chapter!!! Kyuhyun's past. This will be a short introduction to Kyuhyun's mysterious past. The rest are to be revealed in the later chapters. Let your imagination run wild after this, especially to those who were nagging me about his real identity.

~~~

“Appa, appa!” I called father who is playing the piano.

“What is it Kyuhyun?” Appa called out to me. I was five years old at that time.

“I want to play that too!” I said pointing on the piano.

“Of course, I’ll teach you!” Appa said.

“Ne, I want to learn it too!” Sungmin-hyung went towards us.

“Appa, will teach me first!” I insisted. I am the youngest after all.

“Ani… I want to learn first.” Siwon-hyung said.

“Siwon, Sungmin… leave Kyuhyun alone. Go play with your mother. I can only teach one at a time.”

“That’s unfair appa! Why are you treating Kyuhyun very special? I didn’t get that treatment before.” Sungmin said.

“What’s wrong, what’s the commotion all about?” Umma said entering the music room.

“Appa will only teach yuhyun how to play the piano!” Siwon-hyung said.

“Dear, what’s is this again? You keep spoiling him! What about your other sons?” Umma scolded appa.

“Umma… please don’t scold appa…” I started crying.

Umma shoved me off when I went near her. I fell on the ground but she ignored and went to appa to scold him more.

~~~

“You’ve played with our driver’s son again?” Umma scolded me for playing with Joon.

“But he’s my friend.” I said.

“Befriend only those who can help us. They’re commoners! They aren’t on our level!” Umma said.

“But…” I said to myself.

~~~

“See what they’ve done to you?!” I heard Umma scold Appa. I was peeking from outside their room. I was already eight.

“Don’t blame them. It won’t do us any good. Let’s just sell the house.” Appa said to umma.

“What is happening?” Yesung-hyung asked.

“I don’t know. But they are fighting again.” I said.

“Let’s just leave.” Hyung told me.

“Dae…” I said and the two of us left.

~~~

“You transferred here in our area? What happened to your house? Why are you staying here in this place?” Lee Joon asked. It was two months after I heard umma and appa fought that one time. We transferred to a commoners’ site.

“Dae. It is smaller. But I guess it’s ok. Ne, let’s play again.” I told him.

“Okay.” He said.

~~~

“Appa!!! Please don’t go!!!” I cried hard on appa’s body. We are at the hospital, appa had a car accident and did not survive the surgery.

“Move away from him!” Umma pushed me aside and cried in my place.

“Appa!!! Please don’t leave us alone!!!” Heechul–hyung cried too. All of us mourned appa’s death. I was only ten at that time.

“My sons, please don’t forget what happened to your father. Those rich people brought it to us. They did this to your father!!!” Umma said vengeful and full of hate.

~~~

“Kyuhyun, please prepare the fire. I’m nearly finished slicing the vegetables.” Ryeowook-hyung said.

“But there’s no more paper here. I can’t lit a fire.” I said.

“Just find any paper around. Posters or whatever. We can’t cook without fire.” Hyung said.

I saw a piece of painting. It looked old. Maybe insignificant. I crumpled it and lit the fire.

“I’m finished now.” I said after the wood started burning.

“Good, help me carry these vegetables then.” Hyung said.

~~~

“Hyung, do you know how to solve this problem?” I asked Donghae-hyung about our homework in math. He is also studying at that time.

“Of course, just do it-” hyung started explaining when umma entered our room. She saw me inquiring hyung so she approached me and slapped me.

“Can’t you see he is busy studying?! Study on your own! Go!!!” Umma scolded me. I ran out of hyung’s room.

~~~

“Umma, can I join the school’s dance crew?” Eunhyuk-hyung asked umma during dinner.

“Wow! You’re joining a dance crew?” Heechul-hyung asked.

“That would be great!” Siwon-hyung remarked.

“Of course you can join.” Umma said smiling.

“Umma, can I join too?” I said.

“Yeah, that’s a good idea. You dance well too.” Donghae-hyung said.

“NO!!! He can’t even do his work properly. Only Hyuk will join, got it?!” Umma said.

~~~

“Umma, you’re going to give me to auntie?” Leeteuk-hyung asked umma. All of us were shocked about umma’s announcement one day.

“It can’t be helped. I can’t feed all of you now that your father’s gone.” Umma said sobbing uncontrollably.

“I see…” hyung looked really sad. “What about my brothers?”

“I’ll also send them to some of our relatives. I just can’t do anything anymore….” She continued crying. All of us now started crying. But all of us understood.

“Where will you send me?” I asked umma.

“You are the youngest so you’ll stay here with me.” She said scornfully.

~~~

“Your mother suddenly became good to you?” Joon asked me while we are resting on the rooftop after skipping class.

“Yeah, I don’t know what has gotten to her.” I said.

“That’s weird. Haha. Why don’t you give her a taste of how hateful she is?” he suggested.

“Why not!” We high fived at that.

“Hey, the guy we helped yesterday was actually a snotty rich brat.” He said.

“WHAT?! Tsk. I feel like I want to kill that guy now.” I said mad at his news.

“You’re so hot-headed when it comes to rich brats though you’re like them once.”

“Stop saying that already. I long forgot those days. Rich people are the root cause of our sufferings now. I will never forget them.”

 

Preview for next chapter:

“What are you doing? Isn’t that my chair? I asked her.

“What are you talking about? Since when did this become your chair? Is this your plane?” She asked. “Sit over there.” Then she pointed towards the other chairs where one chair faces the other. I complied. What the heck are you trying to do now?

“Miss, please take your seat, the plane is about to depart.” I heard the flight attendant say to Seohyun. Wait. The only vacant seat is the one in front of me! What is the meaning of this? NOONA?!?!

I'm still working on it and because I'm busy these days, I'm not sure when will I be able to update next... But please keep supporting my fic... SeoKyu<3