Dead?

Numb

As soon as she reached home, she slid into her bedroom and squatted down in a corner.

Tears fell out of her eyes, blinding her sight.

 Her lips were clammed shut as her teeth sank into it, drawing blood out.

 Gently, she rocked her body to the beat of a song whose title long faded away.

 

Empty. That was the state of her mind.

Hollow. That was the state of her heart.

Drained. She was like a burning candle, reaching her limits.

 

She never understood the cold treatment.

The way they stared at her as if they would finally open up to her, only to turn their backs on her at the next second was cruel.

It was choking her.

Every single time, a poisoned arrow would jab straight through her heart.

The longer they stared, the deeper the arrow would penetrate the pumping flesh.

And she knew the day where her heart would get tugged out of its cage was not too far away.

 

She did not mind being a wallflower.

She would rather fade into the darkness all alone.

Yet, she was never given a chance to hide.

They fed on her sadness and sorrow to survive.

 

She would cry.

But she couldn’t.

Her pulse was getting weaker and her heart was beating slower.

She was numb and still far from being dead.