The Kiss

By Your Side

You, Doojoon, and Kikwang have been best friends since middle school. When you guys entered high school, a lot of things happened. On your second year, Doojoon became your boyfriend. This was your last in school together, and you’re hoping that nothing would ever change after graduation.

 

“I’m sorry guys, my mom wants me home right now, it looks important” Doojoon said in an apologetic tone

 

            The three of you were supposed to do a thesis project as your final requirement in school. Sadly, Doojoon needed to go home early and leave the two of you to start working on the project at your room.  You decided to work on the revisions while sitting on your bed while Kikwang was tallying the surveys beside you.

 

            A few hours have past and you unconsciously dozed off, Kikwang noticed that you were already leaning on the other side of the bed.

 

Why do I keep falling for you, ______? For once I want to think that you are mine.

 

Kikwang looked at you passionately and kissed you on the lips.

 

I love you, ______-ah

 

You thought that Doojoon had came back, and you were in no mood to open your eyes, and kissed ‘Doojoon’ back

 

“Doojoon-oppa” You said groggily.

 

I’m sorry ______ I’m not your Doojoon-oppa, I’m sorry, it’s just as once.

 

You both kissed passionately, even if you’re still half asleep. When you opened your eyes, you quickly noticed a smile that doesn’t belong to your Doojoon-oppa.

 

“Kikwang-oppa?!” Your eyes widened in shock, and quickly covered your mouth

“I’m sorry” Kikwang said

“Why did you kiss me?” You demanded an answer; you were getting mad at your best friend to do such a thing, especially if he’s also your boyfriend’s best friend.

 

Of all the people, why you? Why you oppa? Why did you kiss me? Why did you have to do it?

 

“Please don’t get mad at me” he pleaded, he knew that you’re not someone he wanted to mess with.

“Could you at least explain yourself?” You started to cool yourself down.

“Let me try, but don’t get mad at me”

“Sure”