I've Already Fallen For You

I've Already Fallen For You

"AHHH!" Hongbin stretched his arms above his head after walking out of class. You followed behind him pulling out your ponytail and shaking your hair out. "I swear that class gets longer and longer every day."

You chuckled and linked your arm with Hongbin's. "Come on, it's not that bad."

Hongbin poked your nose. "It is that bad, you nerd."

You pouted. "Hmp. I'm not a nerd."

Hongbin patted your hand. "Whatever. Am I walking you home today?" 

"Of course."

Hongbin walked you home every day after school. Some days you would work on your homework together as well, that is if Hongbin's schedule allowed it. He spent a lot of his time practicing his singing, dancing, and acting so he could audition for an entertainment company. You supported him all the way. Why would anyone turn him away? He was handsome and talented!

"Binnie?" You grabbed his attention as you two waited for the pedestrian light to change. "When you become an idol, will you introduce me to MBLAQ?"

Hongbin scoffed and rolled his eyes. "Why? So you can try and woo Lee Joon? I don't think so."

"No Bin, you misunderstand me." You said stepping away from him.

"No I understand you. You know how that introduction would go?" Hongbin flipped his bangs out of his face. "OH LEE JOON OPPA! SARANGHAEYO!" He tried to mimic your voice as he flailed his arms about.

The light switched to walk and you started to run across the street, leaving Hongbin on the other side still mimicking you. "YAH!" He called out and began to chase after you.

You weaved in and out of people on the sidewalk as you tried to stay ahead of Hongbin. You weren't a very fast runner so you were hoping the people would slow him down. You made the mistake of looking back before a street corner. Hongbin was right behind you at this point and grabbed your waist, pulling you into him so you wouldn't cross the street. It was a good thing he did because the light was red and cars were just starting to move.

"You could have gotten hurt!" He scolded me.

You looked into his eyes and saw sincere fear. You smiled and hugged him. "I'm sorry, Honbinnie. I will be more careful next time."

He sighed and let you go. He still looked kind of upset. He placed a hand on his hip and ruffled his hair with his other hand. You chewed on your lip and played with the straps of your backpack as you thought of ways to cheer Hongbin up. You two walked the rest of the way to your house in silence. You weren't sure if Hongbin was really that worked up about you almost running into the street or if something else was bothering him.

"Hongbin, are you okay?" You asked as you two stopped in front of your house.

"Hm? Yeah, I'm fine." He nodded.

You shook your head and grabbed his hand. "Tell me what's on your mind, please? Something is obviously bothering you."

He looked at you and opened his mouth like he was going to speak but decided against it. "Now's not the time. I have to go now." He turned back the way you two came from and walked away without another word.

The whole night you were wondering what could have caused Hongbin to hush up like that. He would have times where he didn't feel like talking however he wasn't in a daze like that very often. Did he have an audition coming up? Did he already have an audition and was waiting for a call back? No. That couldn't have been it. He would have told you. You planned on asking him again what was wrong at school the next day but he didn't show up. He didn't show up for the next few days actually. You had called his house but his mom told you that she had seen him leave for school and had no idea where else he could have gone.

Finally after missing a week of class, Hongbin returned. You ran up to him and hugged him from behind, since his back was to you. He turned around and looked at you, startled.

"I missed you! Why didn't you come to class? Why didn't you answer my calls? I felt like I was going to die." You placed your hand over your heart.

Hongbin looked at you saddened. "Did you really feel like you were going to die without me? Or are you just saying that?"

You were taken aback by his words. "Why would you question that? OF COURSE I really felt that way."

"Did you heart feel like this every day I was gone?" Hongbin grabbed your hand and placed it on his chest. You could feel his heart pounding.

"Are you okay? Are you upset about something?" You asked, pulling you hand back but taking his hand in yours.

Hongbin looked around before pulling you into a hug. You were surprised by this and hugged him back, thinking he needed it. He smoothed out your hair and kissed your cheek as you pulled away.

"How do you feel about me? What's our relationship?"

Why was Hongbin asking that, you wondered. "I don't know. I like you I guess? We're friends aren't we? Shouldn't I like my friend?"

He shook his head. "Does it feel like just friendship to you?" He was getting really serious. "When I was away? Was I all you could think about?"

You nodded skeptically. "I was really worried about you."

"That feeling you had...That 'worried' feeling...I feel that every day I'm with you." He said. "When I look at you, my heart flips. When we go our separate ways, my heart aches and anticipates when we'll be together again. You make me feel like a whole other person. I..." He looked down at his feet for a second before looking back up at you. "I like you."

You really weren't expecting something like this from Hongbin. You two were always close but you never considered or knew of anything more than friendship with him. His confession to you really made you think about if Hongbin was acting as your friend or was trying to be your boyfriend this whole time. You shook your head and rid yourself of those thoughts. Hongbin wouldn't do that. He was really your friend. He just developed feelings for you. You guess you had those feelings too after hearing him explain how he felt.

"I'm sorry. I know this could probably ruin our whole friendship but I can't pretend anymore. I just want..." You held up your hand telling Hongbin to stop talking.

"It's okay." You smiled at him. You stood on your tip toes and kissed him on the cheek. "Let's be more than just friends."

Hongbin's eyes widened as he looked at you. "You're just saying that." You shook your head. "You want to date me? Really?"

"YES! Hongbin, why wouldn't I want to date you?"

A huge smile appeared on Hongbin's face as he started to laugh and hugged you tightly. You couldn't help but smile and laugh as well. If this was what it felt like to fall in love with someone, than you wouldn't have chosen to fall in love with anyone else besides Hongbin.

 

A/N: AH! Sorry if this is crappy. I just had this idea and thought I would type it out. Hope you liked it.