Cold

Roll Like A Wolf

“How is he?” Kris asked Lay anxiously.

“Tao?” Lay looked at Kris quizzically.

“Yes Tao”

 

“He’s going to be fun, he seems like a fighter” Lay chuckled, “Do you know him?”

“Uhhhh it’s a long story, Where’s Chanyeol?” he asked suddenly aware that the orange male was missing. 

“He should be coming back soon” Lay replied,  “I’m going to join Chen and Suho outside” eyeing him suspiciously. Kris disregarded the look, letting Lay excuse himself.

 

After his eyes followed Lay until he was out of sight, Kris turned his attention towards the balls of fluff that was lying in the middle of his den, a yin and yang of black and brown. He watched the slow rise and fall of their chests, breathing as though in sync with one another.

 

Kris realised this was the second time he was prying on the younger one while he slept and chuckled to himself. He stepped closer towards the two, creeping, hoping they would not wake. He stopped when he was right on top of them, hovering. He was confused at what this black wolf meant to him. Normally he would have been furious with other wolfs in his territory and quick to complement Chanyeol on his work. But he knew this time was different and he would have to explain his actions to the pack.

 

But even Kris was confused, so he had no idea how to face the pack, or what to say.

 

His deep train of thought was soon interrupted by soft timid footsteps. He turned around to see Chanyeol, ears flat, tail between his legs and lying low as he approached. Kris was a little amused, the normal aggression that Chanyeol held was replaced by submissiveness he had never seen before.

 

Kris stood still as Chanyeol crept towards him, belly touching the ground. He slipt himself under the alphas head and reached up to his muzzle and brush himself up against his legs. He let the orange male swivel around his feet until he finally relented and returned Chanyeol’s affections.

 

“I’m sorry” Chanyeol said looking down at Kris’ feet

“I expect it not to happen again” Kris said sternly, giving him a nip on the ear.

“Yes, Kris” Chanyeol replied, looking somewhat crestfallen

“But under normal circumstances, good job.”

Still looking disheartened he kept his eyes on the ground

 

“Go join the others outside”

 

Kris watched Chanyeol leave the cave, turning his attention, once again, to Tao and Sehun. He figured that they would be hungry, but didn’t want to wake them up. So he took some of their dry winter rations from inside the cave and laid it in front of them. Hoping they would find it when they woke up.

 

 


 

 

“Great! We got lost! How is it possible that we got lost!” D.O shouted, frustrated.

“Calm down D.O, its ok” Xiumin said softly, trying to soothe his mate.

“No it’s not ok! We are suppose to be out before night, we are barely an hour into this search and we don’t know where we even started” D.O complained, whining

 

“Quiet.” Luhan said coldly

 

The bickering simmered down immediately.

 

“D.O you aren’t acting like yourself today, you are usually the most calm and composed out of all of us. I know it’s because you’re worried about them, but you have to pull yourself together,” Luhan said.

 

D.O took a death breath “You’re right, I’m sorry”, realising that he needed to be there for both Luhan and Xiumin as support.

Xiumin wagged his tale and nudged D.O playfully to reassure him.

 

“Xiumin I need you to go look for a way out the way we came.” Luhan ordered, confident that their pack’s hunter could find a way out and report back to them in time.

 

“Understood” Xiumin said, rubbing up against D.O before he broke into a full sprint into the forest.

 

“D.O let’s go,” Luhan ordered, walking in the opposite direction.

 

D.O gave one last look at the back of Xiumin running off, uneasy with leaving his mate by himself. Xiumin felt his gaze and turned his head for a spilt second, giving D.O a reassuring look, and mustered a howl only D.O could hear before completely disappearing.

 

D.O looked at the spot Xiumin was seconds ago, feeling dread wash over him, but pushed it away and followed Luhan.

 

Luhan had his nose to the ground, trying to pick up something, anything.

 

He was growing desperate. He tried to push the thoughts, that his two pack mates were already dead, deep down. Luhan sensed D.O’s unease, as he turned around to face his delta, he gave a quick of affection and kept walking. At times like these he had to keep the pack strong. D.O felt a sense of calmness rushing over him at once. Amazed at the alpha’s power over him.

 

Suddenly Luhan’s ears pricked up, picking up a faint but familiar scent. D.O was quick to notice it too. They both followed it closely to an open clearing, searching its boundaries until they came to a stop. They looked up from the ground and saw a hollow tree with twigs and leaves piled inside.

 

“Tao’s been here” Luhan said, confidently

“I can smell it too,” D.O confirmed, feeling happier

“It’s still somewhat fresh. Maybe from two nights to a night ago?” Luhan thought aloud.

 

They searched around for any extra clues, but nothing stood out to them. They couldn’t pick up anything else.

 

“D.O” Luhan suddenly said in a low voice, stopping in his tracks.

D.O stopped immediately, at the low emergency of his voice. Luhan’s ears, eyes, and nose scanned the clearing, realising suddenly that they were an easy target, and sensed someone else was there. His senses were honed in onto Tao’s scent for such a long period of time that it was hard for him to clear it out of his system. 

 

Luhan stood still for a minute with D.O, only relaxing when he couldn’t sense anyone else. It was for a split second that Luhan and D.O turned to continue, that a ball of fur came flying out of the bush and tackled them both down with momentum. D.O was pinned down, whilst Luhan had been knocked off his feet, scrambling to get up. D.O, expecting teeth, was surprised when he was greeted by a .

 

“Baekhyun!” Luhan scolded, “Don’t ever do that again” angry but relieved to see the pack’s scout.

 

“I’m sorry… but you should have seen your faces” Baekhyun laughed, breaking into a grin.

 

D.O was still stunned on the ground, staring up in disbelief at Baekhyun. He smirked at Baekhyun before giving him a kick in the hind legs, making him lose balance. Forcing him to roll over, D.O pinned him to the ground. They rolled around on the ground for a while, with Luhan watching them with an amused look on his face.

 

“I will seriously kill you if you do that again” D.O warned, looking Baekhyun in the eye.

“Alright alright, but really… you’re glad to see me right?” Baekhyun teased.

 

Baekhyun barely dodged an incoming tackle from D.O

 

“Ok, that’s enough,” Luhan said, “ How did you get here anyway?”

“I followed Sehun’s scent in the opposite direction, but somehow I managed to end up here” Baekhyun explained, “I recognised both your scents and followed you. “ He paused “Come on, you have to admit, you didn’t notice I was there” He said proudly, with a childish glint in his eyes

 

Luhan rolled his eyes “Yes, yes you were great. But I expected nothing less” he said as-a-matter-of-factly.

 

Baekhyun pouted a little “ Well I’m proud of myself”

 

Being the mood maker of the pack, Luhan and D.O shared an unspoken agreement, that they were glad Baekhyun had found them.

 

“Now come on, Sehun and Tao are still out there”

 

The three of them ran in a synchronised formation, each of their footsteps matching the other. Creating a soft drumming beat with their feet.

They all heard a howl in the distance, pausing with their ears perked.

“Sounds like it’s only one wolf. Let’s go check it out, it could be a rogue” Luhan commented.

Baekhyun broke into a full sprint towards the sound, followed closely by Luhan and D.O

 

 


 

 

Chanyeol walked outside slowly, dragging his paws across the ground.

 

Lay looked up from his meal, a little worried “Chanyeol, are you ok?” he questioned, “Come join us”

 

Chanyeol looked at Lay, with listless eyes “I’ll be there in a second, I’m just gonna go out for a walk. I need to clear my head”

 

“Ok, don’t be back too late though” Lay said, a little worried, knowing that Chanyeol looked up to Kris a lot and took every word he said into his heart.

 

Chanyeol sped off, hoping that he forest would let him forget the day he had

 

Lay sighed as he watched Chanyeol run off. Looking over at Suho and Chen who were too busy eating to notice anythign that was happening. He sighed again, feeling that sometimes, Kris wasn't the best and handling situations like these. He also knew that Kris wasn't the kind to speak out about his emotions openly, and that it would be hard for him to speak up about the matter, regarding Tao. Not that any of the pack members minded.

 

Chanyeol ran, letting the wind fight against him. He loved feeling of the wind in his fur. The cold made him feel alive. Soaking in the sounds and smells of the forest, he thought about the past and the day Kris had saved him from himself. He was grateful. He ran until he reached his favourite spot, a cliff that oversaw the forest, and gave him a full view of the sky. He sat upright and howled. He howled until he nearly had no voice left. He let his bottled up emotions, not just from recent events, but also the scars from the past he had left untouched.

He was not proud of the things he had done, but there was no way he could change them, no way he could turn back time. 

 

His ears picked up noise, at little too late.

 

He turned around in a flash, in hopes of fighting off any attackers.

 

Slowly, a silver white wolf flanked by a dark grey wolf, appeared out from the darkness of the forest.

His throat rumbled a warning growl, sensing the strength and dominance that the silver white asserted from himself.

 

Chanyeol’s growl was cut short. When the snow-white wolf appeared from behind the dark grey wolf, with small hesitant steps.

 

Time seemed to stop for Chanyeol.

His eyes didn’t lift off the wolf for a second.

The wind continued blowing, but it wasn’t cold anymore.

 

“Baekhyun?”


Yaaayayyyyy an update ~~

Thank you soooo much for everyone being patient for updates

I'm really happy that you guys like to story 

and especially thankful to everyone that subscribed, upvoted and commented

Even though I don't reply to you're comments (Mainly cause I'm awkard)

I read every single one and get really excited when I see "new story comments" XD

Please continue supporting this fic and thank youuu~~ 

Subscribe and comment pleasee ~~ <3

 

Exotichime